My battery seem to be draining much faster after the latest MM update last week. Is this a common issue?
    06-12-16 12:07 PM
    yes MM drains batteries faster. Install Greenify and choose apps to close so they don't run all the time
    06-12-16 01:12 PM
    Me2

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-12-16 01:14 PM
    yes MM drains batteries faster. Install Greenify and choose apps to close so they don't run all the time
    You mentioned the greenify in the past and I tried it out. For some reason I didn't like it. I were waiting for the MM update and all was good. The doze feature solved the issue. But now after the latest update battery drains quicker again.
    06-12-16 02:04 PM
    I have also noticed increased drain since the most recent MM update. What a bummer
    06-12-16 02:15 PM
    My confidence in BlackBerry is falling like a rock..

06-12-16 02:36 PM
    I have the opposite experience. Power management much better on MM beta 5.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    06-12-16 02:45 PM
    I think most here are talking about pushed OTA updates, non-beta... if the beta is improved, what is BlackBerry waiting for? ...sheesh !!
    06-12-16 03:22 PM
    It's definitely some bad app that is sucking the battery out of your device.

I installed Greenify and it's fixed the battery drain.

06-12-16 04:27 PM
    I must be a dope... what exactly is the usage of greenery... how to work it ??

How to know it works? What setting choices are best for Priv MM ??

06-12-16 04:29 PM
    Greenify reports no apps require hibernation... what next?

06-12-16 04:35 PM
    I installed a task manager yesterday, we will see the results by the end of the week. This new mm beta is worst then lollipop, in terms of battery drain.

06-13-16 10:55 AM
    I would try an app called battery guru. I noticed a significant difference in battery life using the app. When I first opened the app, it showed me that I had like 20 different apps and services running.

Give it a try.

P.S. I tried the battery guru made by Joseph and James Asante.

06-13-16 12:19 PM
    I would try an app called battery guru. I noticed a significant difference in battery life using the app. When I first opened the app, it showed me that I had like 20 different apps and services running.

Give it a try.

P.S. I tried the battery guru made by Joseph and James Asante.

Ok I installed it. Will check it out for a few days. But I don't really want third party apps to resolve this issue. The previous MM update was fine.
    06-13-16 01:11 PM

Open Greenify,
    Tap on the + at the top right
    Tap on every app, show more apps, tap on those too. All the apps will be highlighted.
    Tap on the check mark
    Then tap on the Zzz at the bottom right.
    Tap on 3 dots overflow menu at the top right.
    Tap on create hibernation shortcut, choose hibernate & lock or hibernate.
    Use your shortcut to hibernate apps on your app drawer.

Enjoy increased battery life.

06-13-16 01:14 PM
    Ok I installed it. Will check it out for a few days. But I don't really want third party apps to resolve this issue. The previous MM update was fine.
    I know what you mean. But if it helps solve the problem, why not.

06-13-16 04:48 PM
    That's very strange, for me when I had first downloaded MM I had a a battery improvement for few days and then the battery life got slightly worst than on Lolilop.
    After the recent update my battery life has significantly improved for more than 20% !
    06-14-16 05:50 PM
    I know what you mean. But if it helps solve the problem, why not.

The battery guru app did not help. I set it to bring all apps under control. I ran it for a bit more than a day, but did not notice a difference.

I will probably have to wait for the next MM update which may or may not fix the issue.
    06-15-16 02:58 AM
    my battery seems pretty solid, Unlocked Version, but when i play clash of clans for even 3 mins, it heats up hotter than a summer day in arizona
    06-16-16 12:05 PM
    It's a great phone to look at. Try not to use. Then you don't get the cool down message
    06-16-16 02:20 PM
    Oh maybe that's why us Verizon people have to wait. Battery life is bad enough now no need to make it worse.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    06-16-16 02:39 PM
    My battery life since last MM Ota update has been horrible! On my 80 minute drive to work, not using my priv and the battery goes from 100% to 84%! Sitting at 52% now. Phone has been used very little. Will have to try the 2 apps mentioned when I get home tonight.

06-17-16 11:03 AM
    My battery life since last MM Ota update has been horrible! On my 80 minute drive to work, not using my priv and the battery goes from 100% to 84%! Sitting at 52% now. Phone has been used very little. Will have to try the 2 apps mentioned when I get home tonight.

I tried 2 apps but did not see any difference.
    06-17-16 01:26 PM

I get the exact same experience with Greenify. Was never sure what to do or not do with the app.
    06-17-16 10:23 PM
    I find battery life to be excellent with MM. I have found that with Android phones and tablets that start to experience poor battery life, it's best to do a full wipe and reset. It's also a great time to dump all the apps you really don't use. I rehabilitated a Samsung Tablet in the same fashion that was just about unusable and the difference is now like night and day. In fact the PRIV for me has much better battery life than my Passport (The Classic however is excellent in this regard). I did have to do a reset on the PRIV under Lollipop when it started to act up (app overdose?) and it's been stellar ever since (4 months ago). Loving the PRIV.

Attached Thumbnails Battery draining faster after latest MM update-96082.jpg  
    06-17-16 11:29 PM
26 12