FaceBook is infamous for releasing an update that seriously impairs something, then fixing it on the next update, only to break something else on the following update.
    Which is one reason so many people don't use the 'official FB spyware app' and use FB lite, Friendly or some other alternative.
    Not saying FB was your problem, but I'd give it really good odds.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    05-03-18 05:57 AM
    Hello!

I updated the following apps today OTA: Facebook, Blackberry Workspaces, Gmail, WhatsApp Business, TrueCaller, YouTube.

And, voila, my 'Optimizing App 1 of 1' issue has been resolved. Whats more, my Battery is back to normal (as normal as a 30-months Priv battery can be.

Which leads me to the conclusions:
    1. One of the above apps was not functioning well, and the update resolved the 'Optimizing App 1 of 1' issue. Could be Blackberry Workspaces, but I cant say for sure.
    2. If one is patient enough, BB/Google Play finally manage to resolve strange-problem issues asap.

Thanks all of you for your support.

Pankaj/Goa/India
    Congrats! And thanks for reporting back helping others.
    My guess would be on the Faecesbook app, it has previous been reported as having issues with heavy usage
    ...maybe all the battery was wasted by them stealing your data...

Have you got the AAW068 OS update offered BTW?
    05-03-18 02:11 PM
    The battery life on new blackberries or any phone with an un-removable battery is crap. With the old blackberries you could get an aftermarket battery that let my torch go for a week without a charge. Your only option is to buy one of those usb power banks if you can't have it constantly plugged into usb at your desk.

Also get rid of facebook given what is going on in the news anyway who still uses it is mad.
    05-03-18 09:48 PM
    Hiya!

I feel Facebook is just a glorified Birthday reminder, and thats precisely what I use it for. But, given the stakes involved, I better shift to some other version of it.

And, yes, EskeRahn, I have the AAW068 Build; Android Version 6.0.1 with the last Android security patched on 05.10.17.

Thanks a lot, friends. You have been kind and generous.

Until Later!
    05-03-18 11:23 PM
    The battery life on new blackberries or any phone with an un-removable battery is crap. With the old blackberries you could get an aftermarket battery that let my torch go for a week without a charge. Your only option is to buy one of those usb power banks if you can't have it constantly plugged into usb at your desk.

Also get rid of facebook given what is going on in the news anyway who still uses it is mad.
    I certainly agree that non-removable batteries is a very bad trend, and stinks of "planned obsolescence", to lure people into throwing their device away, rather than passing it on when buying a new one.

PERSONALLY I believe the best thing would be if phones/phablet (again) came with a removable back. This could offer the possibility for a slim device with lo capacity battery for the dinner jacket, and thicker backs with beefier batteries for the more demanding tasks. (or extra batteries in the bag) And a keyboard slider could be an alternative back, so multiple usability scenarios were covered with the same device.

The EU makes many crazy decisions, but they forced manufacturers to create phones that could use common chargers (If I remember right, it were the Chinese that started requiring this, and the EU followed). It would be nice if they also forced phones/phablets to have user replaceable batteries (again!).

But the stamina of e.g. the Priv is actually quite good. It is when used active it eats the juice quite fast. I got over a week on one charge with very light usage and no tricks on my Two year old Priv. See https://eskerahn.dk/wordpress/?p=2197

But the current non removable batteries makes it important to know how to take care of the batteries, and neither have it always fully charged, nor let it deplete completely too often.
    I made a general guide on the usage of LiIon batteries many years ago, that still holds, and now is more important than it was back then. https://eskerahn.dk/wordpress/?p=250
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-04-18 02:05 AM
    I certainly agree that non-removable batteries is a very bad trend, and stinks of "planned obsolescence", to lure people into throwing their device away, rather than passing it on when buying a new one.

PERSONALLY I believe the best thing would be if phones/phablet (again) came with a removable back. This could offer the possibility for a slim device with lo capacity battery for the dinner jacket, and thicker backs with beefier batteries for the more demanding tasks. (or extra batteries in the bag) And a keyboard slider could be an alternative back, so multiple usability scenarios were covered with the same device.

The EU makes many crazy decisions, but they forced manufacturers to create phones that could use common chargers (If I remember right, it were the Chinese that started requiring this, and the EU followed). It would be nice if they also forced phones/phablets to have user replaceable batteries (again!).

But the stamina of e.g. the Priv is actually quite good. It is when used active it eats the juice quite fast. I got over a week on one charge with very light usage and no tricks on my Two year old Priv. See https://eskerahn.dk/wordpress/?p=2197

But the current non removable batteries makes it important to know how to take care of the batteries, and neither have it always fully charged, nor let it deplete completely too often.
    I made a general guide on the usage of LiIon batteries many years ago, that still holds, and now is more important than it was back then. https://eskerahn.dk/wordpress/?p=250
    Blame Apple for the extinction of the removable batteries. They are the first who did it back in 07' and fast forward a decade and EVERY oem does it. I can half excuse it if it helps give a reliable IP68 rating, but if not (like KEYone), it should have had a removable battery.
    EskeRahn and Pankaj Jaju like this.
    05-04-18 05:21 AM
    Blame Apple for the extinction of the removable batteries. They are the first who did it back in 07' and fast forward a decade and EVERY oem does it. I can half excuse it if it helps give a reliable IP68 rating, but if not (like KEYone), it should have had a removable battery.
    Yup, the crooks at aPple are to blame for this also. I'm not sure if they were the first - they usually aren't the first with anything... But they were the first major player to be crooked enough to do this planned obsolescence - and sadly many other manufacturers with lacking morale followed.
    05-04-18 05:25 AM
    Hello!

I updated the following apps today OTA: Facebook, Blackberry Workspaces, Gmail, WhatsApp Business, TrueCaller, YouTube.

And, voila, my 'Optimizing App 1 of 1' issue has been resolved. Whats more, my Battery is back to normal (as normal as a 30-months Priv battery can be.

Which leads me to the conclusions:
    1. One of the above apps was not functioning well, and the update resolved the 'Optimizing App 1 of 1' issue. Could be Blackberry Workspaces, but I cant say for sure.
    2. If one is patient enough, BB/Google Play finally manage to resolve strange-problem issues asap.

Thanks all of you for your support.

Pankaj/Goa/India
    Your post helped me in fixing the "optimizing one app" reboot bug... thank you
    EskeRahn, Wezard, Rico4you and 1 others like this.
    05-04-18 03:10 PM
    There is some tips that could save the battery life for your reference:
    1) Use Low Power Mode
    2) Restrict Unimportant Notifications
    3) Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It
    4) Do not Activate Location Service
    5) Lower Screen Brightness
    6) Limit Background Refresh for Applications
    7) Tighten Up Auto-Lock the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds.
    06-19-18 02:51 AM
    There is some tips that could save the battery life for your reference:
    1) Use Low Power Mode
    2) Restrict Unimportant Notifications
    3) Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It
    4) Do not Activate Location Service
    5) Lower Screen Brightness
    6) Limit Background Refresh for Applications
    7) Tighten Up Auto-Lock the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds.
    I got over a week stamina without the first three (low usage of course). Actually I'm not quite sure what you mean by the first one, is it the "Battery saver" mode?

Another important hint is to keep the device where there is good reception (both net and WiFi)
    If you are working at a desk 'all day', don't keep the device in your pocket, but place it on the table, perhaps even find the area of the table with best reception and habitually place it there.
    Quite a lot of power is used hunting nets, so if you are moving around a lot between different cell towers, it costs. For long travels you MIGHT consider limiting the band search from 4G&3G&2G. And f you move without using the device, put it in Airplane Mode.
    06-20-18 03:51 AM
35 12