Battery seems to drain a lot faster after the MM update. Android system seems to be the most power hungry. Reboots, all that stuff didn't help. Anyone else with decreased battery life after MM update?
    04-28-16 06:03 AM
    i had an issue with a battery drain after MM update on my Android. I loaded an app called Greenify and it closes apps that are running and i find it has helped tremendously.

Also, if you are using accuweather, dump it. It was a rogue app on my phone. I think it was the absolute cause of the battery drain
    04-28-16 06:09 AM
    i had an issue with a battery drain after MM update on my Android. I loaded an app called Greenify and it closes apps that are running and i find it has helped tremendously.

Also, if you are using accuweather, dump it. It was a rogue app on my phone. I think it was the absolute cause of the battery drain
    I do have accu weather! Thanks for the input - deleted it.
    04-28-16 06:30 AM
    First thing all should do is go into DTEK. Turn off most app permissions like locations unless that app absolutely needs it. (Like Google maps).
    Also go into settings > accounts > google > turn it all off unless needed . Also on settings page there is another Google option so go into there as well and turn it off.

I have it all off as I don't use Google Cloud for anything. I also use Hub so turning it all off does not do anything but save battery.

Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    draculito likes this.
    04-28-16 06:58 AM
    Switched off Location Services for Facebook have now have 80% after 10 hours off charge with moderate use.

Posted via CB10
    draculito likes this.
    04-28-16 07:01 AM
    Thanks for the inputs. Location for Facebook is off. According to battery stats, "android system" eats most of the battery. May try factory reset as the last resort.
    04-28-16 07:20 AM
    "Android System" has also become my top amp-vampire since Marshmallow, taking about double what the screen is consuming. Device is constantly "awake". I did a couple of power-cycles, and it was OK until the next time I charged it.

Anyone find a fix?
    05-09-16 04:29 AM
    "Android System" has also become my top amp-vampire since Marshmallow, taking about double what the screen is consuming. Device is constantly "awake". I did a couple of power-cycles, and it was OK until the next time I charged it.

Anyone find a fix?
    I'm having the exact same issue, nothing I'm doing seems to help alleviate the problem :/
    07-08-16 12:31 PM
    A lot of Android phones have issues after OS updates due to apps not being updated with the OS.

My opinion, factory reset the phone than reinstall the apps.

Sounds the manager is stuck in a processing cycle it can't get past.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 11:58 PM
    Try disabling location and see what happens
    07-10-16 01:27 AM

I've been using Accuweather since at least January, no problems at all.
    When Marshmallow came out, I did turn location off for it, not because of battery drain, but just because. I do allow it to use background cellular data, so that it stays up to date. Since the weather is pretty much the same all across my area, I don't need it checking location.
    Possibly Accuweather / Marshmallow with location ON is a battery drain, I wouldn't know. First thing I did when MM came was turn permissions OFF for everything that didn't need that particular permission. And turned background cellular data OFF for everything that didn't need it.
    07-10-16 08:38 AM
    Can anyone recommend Android Task Manager Pro or similar to monitor tasks, threads, look for culprit?
    07-10-16 09:15 AM
    Can anyone recommend Android Task Manager Pro or similar to monitor tasks, threads, look for culprit?
    The general consensus is that task managers / killers / and etc do more harm than good. Apparently they worked sorta OK on Android prior to Lollipop.

At the end of the day, look at your battery usage screen, then look at data usage, that should give you a pretty good indication of what is eating battery.
    Here's 2 good explanations of why these apps are in general bad news.

Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them

Task killers and memory cleaners can actually do more harm than good and you should stop using them

Should you decide to try one of these apps to find out which other app is misbehaving, and it actually works, consider yourself lucky. And when you un-install the bad app, make sure you also the un-install the task app.
    07-10-16 09:39 AM
    Yes. Aware of those issues, wanted to MONITOR thread processes, not to kill, not to clean. That was all

Had the unfortunate bad luck to trust Lookout utility.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-10-16 09:57 AM
    Thought that might be the case, which is why I included the last line.
    I agree, an app that monitored and reported app usage would be nice. Haven't tried any of those types of apps myself, so I'm no help.
    Hopefully somebody more helpful than me will chime in with some good suggestions for us.
    I say us, because, though I don't need it now, I might down the road.

I didn't even set up Lookout, as far as I know it doesn't do anything on my device. I'm curious, what did it do to you?
    07-10-16 10:26 AM
    For those on T-Mobile, I'm noticing that disabling the com.tmobile.pr.adapt system service and removing all permissions from it has cooled my device and helped battery. My understanding is that it's the process T-Mobile uses so that it's customer care can tell whether or not someone has rooted their device.

07-10-16 10:32 AM
    Lookout has a separate app Zapper Task Killer. Used it back in Note II years ago. And has not been updated in 3 years, so I'd stay away.

Have also used CCleaner and Malwarebytes (Android) and can't recommend either of those.

The app I referred to is actually 'Advanced Task Manager Pro" (not "Android" )

07-10-16 11:18 AM
    I use CCleaner, but only to delete files and some cache's without having to go through and manually do it. It's pretty handy for that.
    I have used it delete apps, but don't remember is I've done so on Android.
    When BB10 came out with that Amazon app that asked for all the permissions that couldn't later be rescinded, CCleaner was the only thing I found that could kinda get rid of it.
    07-10-16 12:21 PM
    All-in-one Toolbox has a variety of tools. It has good ratings. Now whether it is necessary is another matter.

It is by AIO Toolbox.
    07-10-16 12:41 PM