So, after having great battery life since owning my priv (coming up one year) the battery life has become very poor. After a flick through the forums i noticed a few saying that Facebook is a big drain so last night after noticing it was responsible for 17% of my battery life took the plunge and removed. Now i have a large chunk used by what looks like some android system task?! Any idea what it is and should it be there. I am worried it is some kind of virus!
    Attached Thumbnails battery drain to this?-101838.jpg  
    11-06-16 04:11 PM
    App you removed, Facebook likely?
    James Cowin likes this.
    11-06-16 04:45 PM
    So, after having great battery life since owning my priv (coming up one year) the battery life has become very poor. After a flick through the forums i noticed a few saying that Facebook is a big drain so last night after noticing it was responsible for 17% of my battery life took the plunge and removed. Now i have a large chunk used by what looks like some android system task?! Any idea what it is and should it be there. I am worried it is some kind of virus!
    Those generic numeric apps are remnants of removed apps, probably FB, as suggested. I'm not sure how long it takes for that information to clear itself out.
    bluesqueen23 and James Cowin like this.
    11-06-16 05:05 PM
    Thank you all for the help. I shall keep an eye out and hopefully things will sort out soon. My battery has been much better today and only just on the way to dieing now as i put it to charge before bed.
    11-06-16 05:40 PM
    It'll be gone in the morning, or after a charge. It's what FB used before removal, battery app still knows it got used by something, but isn't sure what anymore.

Hows that for a technical explanation?
    11-06-16 06:23 PM
    It'll be gone in the morning, or after a charge. It's what FB used before removal, battery app still knows it got used by something, but isn't sure what anymore.

Hows that for a technical explanation?
    That's something i understand now. Thanks for the help was worried it was some
    11-07-16 05:52 AM