Hi guys, just got my new priv. loving it so far but still getting used to the keyboard.

Mine doesn't seem to have the charging battery preview on the side when plugged in though. Anyone know if it is something I need to manually turn on first?

Thanks!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 06:39 PM
    Hi guys, just got my new priv. loving it so far but still getting used to the keyboard.

Mine doesn't seem to have the charging battery preview on the side when plugged in though. Anyone know if it is something I need to manually turn on first?

Thanks!

Make sure it is enabled. Go to Settings... Display... then Battery Edge.
    11-10-15 06:42 PM
    Same problem i used to have mine then it went away and yes its turned on by default so unless you know you turned it off it should be on.
    11-10-15 07:11 PM
    Same problem i used to have mine then it went away and yes its turned on by default so unless you know you turned it off it should be on.
    I have the same problem. It's enabled, but not working. But for some reason, it's not really bothering me. I'm having a lot of fun with this phone.
    11-10-15 07:14 PM
    Same here. It was working before the updates.
    11-10-15 07:19 PM
    It only works in the light or lighted rooms ,when it's dark or dim it won't work.hope this helps!

11-10-15 07:22 PM
    That is correct it will only work in a lit area so to not wake you up in dark room while charging
    11-10-15 07:29 PM
    My bar draws around the screen but the bar that shows when screen is asleep is no longer there
    11-10-15 07:30 PM
    Same here. It was working before the updates.
    Good point, i am setting up a new device again tomorrow I am going to test that theory.
    11-10-15 07:31 PM
    Actually it won't work if the phone is being charged in a dark area...

11-10-15 09:45 PM
    Yes that was mentioned twice wish we could turn the feature on or off.
    M3ta likes this.
    11-11-15 05:02 AM
    So i just got my replacement Priv and tested that the green bar shows up, then i went to the Google Play store and did all updates and bar was still there. Did a reboot and it is still there. So it is not the updates. It must be a setting or an app causing it. While setting up the device i am going to check after every app install to find the culprit
    ce71 likes this.
    11-11-15 07:18 PM
    So i just got my replacement Priv and tested that the green bar shows up, then i went to the Google Play store and did all updates and bar was still there. Did a reboot and it is still there. So it is not the updates. It must be a setting or an app causing it. While setting up the device i am going to check after every app install to find the culprit
    You are awesome.

For what it's worth... I feel like I may have screwed up the battery software "stuff" by using an unapproved charger - so keep that in the back of your mind to if you suddenly notice it screws up again.

Thanks for investigating!
    11-11-15 07:21 PM
    So does it work in a dark room?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:10 PM
    Nope and that's a feature not a bug.
    11-11-15 08:21 PM
    So I have installed every app that was on my old device and I can still see the charging bar on sleep screen. I will now customize my apps and notifications to see if that does anything. If that does nothing then it's the Transfer tool that I never used this time
    11-11-15 08:47 PM
    I would like to be able to show the battery edge status even in the dark. It is very cool looking
    11-11-15 09:00 PM
    I agree, so far I have set my setting to almost exactly the same as before and rebooted and it still shows for me. I have no idea why on the old phone it would not show properly. Even tried turning of dev mode. No idea what caused it then content transfer tool is the only difference. Sorry all that I could not find a thing that triggered it. I did notice though that I got a **** load of carrier apps this time around..
    11-11-15 09:28 PM