I have a friend who works middle-management at a carrier's who also has a contact in another carrier and he/she corroborated some insight on a few things that their teams have and have not been made privy to about the Venice.

Oddly enough, majority of details already leaked are validated (including that Schneider Kreuznach built the optics and the BlackBerry Experience Suite and Safeguard inclusions), but I thought I'd add to the mix the battery rating. It's 3400mAh.
    You sure its a trustable font? 3400mAh seems like a good number given how slim the phone seems to be.

Too bad that probably 3400mAh running Android might not be amazing, Android is known for being the most power hungry OS in the market.
    09-20-15 04:29 PM
    You sure its a trustable font? 3400mAh seems like a good number given how slim the phone seems to be.

Too bad that probably 3400mAh running Android might not be amazing, Android is known for being the most power hungry OS in the market.
    Looking at other 5.5"ish devices, 3400 should be fairly reasonable. Look at the LG G4, for instance. It has a 5.5" 1440p display, same CPU, and a 3000mAh battery. That's also with an LCD vs a likely AMOLED for the Venice. Battery life should be quite good.
    09-20-15 04:35 PM
    Looking at other 5.5"ish devices, 3400 should be fairly reasonable. Look at the LG G4, for instance. It has a 5.5" 1440p display, same CPU, and a 3000mAh battery. That's also with an LCD vs a likely AMOLED for the Venice. Battery life should be quite good.
    there you have it 3000mAh... The venice has the same size screen, but also has physical keyboard taking place. I would expecto the Slider to be a bit compromised when it comes to volume inside the case for big batterys. But who knows if they manage some super clever packaging and get a good sized battery.
    09-20-15 04:41 PM

The Passport battery (or very similar)? Kinda makes sense to me...

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-20-15 05:53 PM
    Moto X Play has a 3600mAh battery and it's also a 5.5" screen phone and it is slightly over 1cm thick fyi so 3400 is not unrealistic.
    Xaiux likes this.
    09-20-15 06:03 PM
    Even androids on lollipop have led now and it's customizable with colours to apps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-20-15 06:40 PM
    Moto X Play has a 3600mAh battery and it's also a 5.5" screen phone and it is slightly over 1cm thick fyi so 3400 is not unrealistic.
    I know, but the slider has the slider mechanism and the keyboard to store aswell... I don't know, just wondering. But it would be nice if it was that big
    09-20-15 06:55 PM
    i would say it will come with a 2800 to 3500 mah battery closer to 3500 since its wide and tall also the mother board and circuitry will be split between the two sections at least i hope so. so they may have decent space.
    09-20-15 07:15 PM
    the mechanism in this phone looks to be a very slim and simple one at least from the videos and pictures unlike the tourch
    09-20-15 07:16 PM

Yep -- it was definitely 3400mAh that was listed. Albeit, I have to say that this communiqu� was probably passed to them by BlackBerry itself (can't imagine they would distribute info among the teamsters based on guesses or leaks).

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-20-15 08:20 PM
    Except, evidently, the Slider. I get it. You like BB10. It provides features that you enjoy. I don't know if you have an issue with Android, but that seems to be the direction the boat's moving in. Now, you have a few choices. Jump ship for more agreeable pastures. Keep your older hardware. You could even wait for the official release of the Slider and see if you turn out to like it. And please don't respond that you won't, because it's not as important as you think it is. The important aspect is that all signs point toward an Android Slider. Therefore, Chen seems to somehow have missed the memo containing your complaints. So, just get over it. You've stated over and over again that you don't like this change. We know your opinion now. So, move on.

Posted via CB10
    calm down captain obvious people will continue to reiterate their opinion whether you like it or not. it's you that has to deal with it, not them. So now, move on.
    09-20-15 09:26 PM

i was going to point this out. 3400mAh on a BB10 phone isn't the same as on any other android you can mention. The PP's 3450mAh for example wouldn't be the same on android... hell the S6 wishes it even had 3000mAh. gonna be interesting to compare how well or how bad this phone does on android. If they announce a BB10 version this tidbit of info would intrigue me more.
    09-20-15 09:31 PM
    Even androids on lollipop have led now and it's customizable with colours to apps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Supposedly the Nexus 6 has an LED behind the ear speaker that isn't activated in Lollipop.

Z10 10.3.1.2267 via CB10
    09-20-15 09:44 PM
    For sure they'd need to update their Android OS 4-6 months after its release for bug fixes to prolong battery life . It's only one thing that they can secure the Android while it's another different story how they can keep it buttery smooth and less power hungry device. Other Android companies has been striving that for years.
    09-21-15 12:36 AM
    Supposedly the Nexus 6 has an LED behind the ear speaker that isn't activated in Lollipop.

Z10 10.3.1.2267 via CB10
    Except these LEDs on Motorola phones have never been advertised to be functional. It is only used to notify battery status so it is more for debugging and not for notifications not to mention it is not RGB.
    09-21-15 02:06 AM
    Any news on the wireless charging?

Sorry of it has been answered already elsewhere, i'm coming from the webOS part of Nations and not sused to hundreds of active threads anymore

But keyboard with guestures, android and inductive charging would make me think about switching from good ol' palm.
    09-25-15 10:16 AM
    One thing I haven't seen any word on is a) Qualcomm fast charge 2.0(too bad not 3.0), and b) fast wireless charging like the note 5.

I'd take advantage of fast wireless charging even if I had to pay $100 for a charge pod. #worthit
    ... that is before d**khead AT&T and Verizon decides to make it exclusive to them and the unlocked Canadian models won't get it.
    09-25-15 10:18 AM

Sorry of it has been answered already elsewhere, i'm coming from the webOS part of Nations and not sused to hundreds of active threads anymore

But keyboard with guestures, android and inductive charging would make me think about switching from good ol' palm.
    You'd be happy with an att passport or verizon z30 if that's all it takes...
    09-25-15 10:18 AM

Join the dark (Black) side, gizmo. For a moment I wanted to to try to mod my Classic for Touchstone but then I realized the only way to do it is via the microUSB port soldering, so I gave up.
    09-25-15 10:22 AM
    If the battery is indeed 3400mah, then it's a really good size and makes the device even more tempting for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 12:11 PM
    If the battery is indeed 3400mah, then it's a really good size and makes the device even more tempting for me.

Posted via CB10
    Agree, it seems there has been a trend of battery sizes getting smaller. If we look at Apple and Samsung. When the exact opposite should be happening. 3400 mah is a great size and would be very happy with that. Nothing below 3000 please BlackBerry

Posted via BlackBerry Leap OS 10.3.2.2339
    10-03-15 12:55 PM
    I have a friend who works middle-management at a carrier's who also has a contact in another carrier and he/she corroborated some insight on a few things that their teams have and have not been made privy to about the Venice.

Oddly enough, majority of details already leaked are validated (including that Schneider Kreuznach built the optics and the BlackBerry Experience Suite and Safeguard inclusions), but I thought I'd add to the mix the battery rating. It's 3400mAh.
    The beginning of this reminds me of the scene in Ferris Buller's Day Off. My sisters friend who knows this guy's who's daughter is friends with the mother of the guy that delivers mail for the brother in law of the developer.

Thanks! Lol.

Future Private Priv (phone auto corrected)-Current Z30, (Z10-Torch-Storm 2- Pearl)
    10-03-15 02:22 PM

It's sad that us from the webOS nation have had to wait YEARS for stuff our Pre's had such as the form factor, universal search and good wireless charging..and are still waiting on things like good multitasking (i.e. Cards etc.)

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 03:49 PM
    The beginning of this reminds me of the scene in Ferris Buller's Day Off. My sisters friend who knows this guy's who's daughter is friends with the mother of the guy that delivers mail for the brother in law of the developer.

Thanks! Lol.

Future Private Priv (phone auto corrected)-Current Z30, (Z10-Torch-Storm 2- Pearl)
    Great film!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 04:21 PM
    Agree, it seems there has been a trend of battery sizes getting smaller. If we look at Apple and Samsung. When the exact opposite should be happening. 3400 mah is a great size and would be very happy with that. Nothing below 3000 please BlackBerry

Posted via BlackBerry Leap OS 10.3.2.2339
    Iphones are only 50mah lower, almost the same.
    10-03-15 05:28 PM
50 12