The battery has more capacity than my Z30 on my Priv but doesn't last as long. I do the same thing on the Priv as I did on my Z30 but it lasts half as long. What can I turn off?
    12-30-16 06:13 PM
    The battery has more capacity than my Z30 on my Priv but doesn't last as long. I do the same thing on the Priv as I did on my Z30 but it lasts half as long. What can I turn off?
    Can you post your battery screen? What apps are you using?
    12-30-16 06:25 PM
    NFC and turn down screen brightness (big screen, high resolution), adaptive brightness at low brightness (leave on if you need a higher brightness setting), Location > power saving.
    12-30-16 06:27 PM
    I consistently get 5-6 hours on screen time. I don't have have facebook coz I hear that really sucks battery life like there's no tomorrow.

I also keep screen brightness to around a third of the way and adaptive brightness activated. Plenty bright enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Joel Olmedo; 12-31-16 at 12:02 AM.
    12-30-16 11:39 PM
    Priv battery is absolutely awful . I get like 5 hours in full hard use, sometimes even 4 hours

Posted via Passport SE
    12-31-16 01:33 AM
    How are the guys even getting 5 hours?

I barely get 4 and a half. My average I'm getting now is 4 hours .
    12-31-16 02:24 AM
    Turn off bluetooth and wifi scanning - oddly, those settings are under Location in settings.
    Turn off NFC unless you use it.
    Restrict background cellular data usage for all apps that don't need to use data while closed and not in use.
    Turn off location for any social apps, (typically a huge battery drain) and any social app notifications that you can live without.
    Set your sync interval on messages to something reasonable, (I use 30 min for my personal email, and 15 for the primary business). It's going to sync every time you open the hub regardless of setting.

And realize that big beautiful screen will take a lot more power than your Z30.
    I typically only use about 2 1/2 hr SOT a day, but always end a 14 /16 hr day with around 50 to 70% battery remaining.

I've also heard you should turn adaptive bright off, set your slider where you are comfortable, then turn adaptive back on.
    01-01-17 08:10 AM
    Can you post your battery screen? What apps are you using?
    Or just look at it, it will tell you what is using battery and how much.
    01-01-17 08:16 AM