No doubt, the phone was rush for the holiday shopping season. It will be pretty difficult for them to get an actual software update during the holidays, in particular with the carriers sitting between Blackberry and users.

I have a BB SE siting next to my Priv. I was really frustrated with the device (sluggish, inconsistent mail delivery and sub par battery)

However I will say that I am under a " watch" . The phone is running smoothly, HUB is actually working flawlessly and after 9 hrs with calls, emails ,Spotify streaming,etc I am at 54%.

What I am stating below is based on 3 days of testing different methods to check the phone. By no means I am saying this is the solution as that is BB role.
    If you have time try the following:
    A) As everyone has stated you will need to do a factory hard reset, no way around it
    B) Upon setting up the phone again don't do anything except updating only the apps that come with the phone. Don't attempt to install other apps. It seems that this creates some type of problem on the software
    C) Once the phone is done, if you go into GMail, you should see emails.This is just a check to verify that the phone has connected with network and sync messages
    D) Go as others have stated into accounts/gmail/turn off sync
    E) Go to screen tap and hold the gmail app, the drag to remove
    F) Go into Blackberry services and do data clean
    G) Press and hold power button and select reboot
    H) Once back, go into the Hub and do 1 account at a time and let it sync,etc
    I) Repeat for each account
    J) If you are using WiFi and one of the account tells you it cannot connect, then turn off WiFi and try again. It seems that there is a conflict
    K) After these steps insure that you have manual push or push something around 10 minutes

The phone has worked with such a difference performance that what it tells me is that Google Services is conflicting with the Hub via the Gmail app.

The reason I state this is that it is the only link with Google Services, which were failing previously.

As I am hungry from punishment I have hard reset my phone and not follow the steps above and found the phone sluggish, emails not coming in and Google services failing

This is where I think one of the problems may be with the software at least

Should I be doing all of this for $700 phone, no way.

Am I keeping it, don't know. The Blackberry Passport SE is a tank, yes some apps missing Uber, etc. But if rely on email, etc. is a reliable partner except when forwarding emails with attachment. The stripping of attachments is a real problem for our company users. So the Priv does have a leg up on that one

Well time to go do something else
    So I did exactly this. Added only Gmail and used the 7 day for email gathering and ......IT WORKED! Let it sit over night and this am the Hub with just my Gmail is working well. Will add my second email and let it sit over night. Again.

BlackBerry Priv
    Sleepy_ER_Dr likes this.
    11-19-15 09:25 AM
    me too..

My faulty (screen)PP SE is going back today (assuming the security wipe ever completes!) and I just ordered a Priv from the CPWH. Going to sleep on it, can always cancel the order if I change my mind.

The hub is the main draw for me and it does not sound like it is ready for prime time, yet.

May just order another SE or original white PP.
    Let us know what you decided on.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 08:14 PM
    Excimer, I think the issue is sync e-mail "forever". Every time I set up my emails with this setting, I would have the same experience as you. Probably because I have 10s of thousands of email in each account. Setting the sync timeframe for 90 days solved all the heat and email sync issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 09:00 PM
    Excimer, I think the issue is sync e-mail "forever". Every time I set up my emails with this setting, I would have the same experience as you. Probably because I have 10s of thousands of email in each account. Setting the sync timeframe for 90 days solved all the heat and email sync issues.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are right. I am on the Priv now and synced 90 days and all is right with the BlackBerry World. It is a little disappointing as my PP SE handled the emails with such little effort but I am hopeful that the good folks at BlackBerry will fix it fast.

BlackBerry Priv
    11-21-15 09:42 PM
    So I did exactly this. Added only Gmail and used the 7 day for email gathering and ......IT WORKED! Let it sit over night and this am the Hub with just my Gmail is working well. Will add my second email and let it sit over night. Again.

BlackBerry Priv
    Ok, so this is a relief to hear. I am still with my Q10 while I wait and read other people's reviews to see how their experience with the priv is. I can't wait to get mine.
    11-21-15 10:25 PM
    I bought a Priv as well, but it's been used mostly as a personal secondary device. The file manager, Hub, calendar, remember, and complete integration of all with each other in BB10 is completely nonexistent on the Priv. I even hate the music, video, and picture apps Android has to offer. Even basic things you'd expect on "the world's most popular OS" are not even there which are on BB10. For example, on BB10 I get a full scientific calculator, unit converter and tip calculator all in the calculator app, but I barely get a basic calculator on Android. The camera on Android has no 16:9 ratio photo setting, but BB10 has 1:1, 4:3, 16:9 plus the time shift camera feature. To top it all off, you can't even set a different lockscreen photo from your homescreen photo. That is something really basic that should be on every smartphone by now regardless of manufacturer and OS. It's disgusting in my opinion what BlackBerry have trumped the Priv up to be. It's a massive let down. BB10 is really the best OS out there. The only thing it was missing was apps, and since I had an iPhone for that, I really didn't care. What's worse is that the Priv could be an excellent BlackBerry device, but BlackBerry doesn't seem to be in any rush to make it that excellent device. They took BlackBerry hardware, loaded an already obsolete Android OS on it, and stuck some half-assed BlackBerry apps in it, then called it done. I really hope they turn this around. I've lost almost all my faith in them. This why my overpriced junky Priv is taking a backseat to my beloved and cherished Passport, the best BlackBerry device ever made.

Oh... the keyboard doesn't even feel like a true BlackBerry keyboard on the Priv. Another disappointment.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    11-22-15 01:00 AM
    I bought a Priv as well, but it's been used mostly as a personal secondary device. The file manager, Hub, calendar, remember, and complete integration of all with each other in BB10 is completely nonexistent on the Priv. I even hate the music, video, and picture apps Android has to offer. Even basic things you'd expect on "the world's most popular OS" are not even there which are on BB10. For example, on BB10 I get a full scientific calculator, unit converter and tip calculator all in the calculator app, but I barely get a basic calculator on Android. The camera on Android has no 16:9 ratio photo setting, but BB10 has 1:1, 4:3, 16:9 plus the time shift camera feature. To top it all off, you can't even set a different lockscreen photo from your homescreen photo. That is something really basic that should be on every smartphone by now regardless of manufacturer and OS. It's disgusting in my opinion what BlackBerry have trumped the Priv up to be. It's a massive let down. BB10 is really the best OS out there. The only thing it was missing was apps, and since I had an iPhone for that, I really didn't care. What's worse is that the Priv could be an excellent BlackBerry device, but BlackBerry doesn't seem to be in any rush to make it that excellent device. They took BlackBerry hardware, loaded an already obsolete Android OS on it, and stuck some half-assed BlackBerry apps in it, then called it done. I really hope they turn this around. I've lost almost all my faith in them. This why my overpriced junky Priv is taking a backseat to my beloved and cherished Passport, the best BlackBerry device ever made.

Oh... the keyboard doesn't even feel like a true BlackBerry keyboard on the Priv. Another disappointment.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    Well unfortunately, that is where the saying, 'there's an app for that' comes from. All of those things which come standard on the Passport, you should be able to find an app for on the Priv. And, in reality, you did what made you feel comfortable, you stuck with what you know and stayed with your BlackBerry Passport, but probably should still give the Priv a try. Android is highly customizable so there should be a way to set it up to your liking.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 07:15 PM
57 123