Ok, I got this Priv a week ago (refurb) and I am might be biased to a certain degree, but I can only compare the Priv to my iPhone 6S and my HTC M8, when it comes to battery life. I don't use all these phones at once, my iPhone is my daily driver for 2yrs now, although I carry another with me for business reasons and sometimes it's a $20 flip phone or whatever I am curious about (right now, the Priv).
    When I get a new phone (new for me), it gets into a "testing period", under which I try all sorts of things and see if the phone more of a nuisance or something I want to hold on to.
    Before I pass the phone on (either to a family member or I sell it) I do every possible thing I can find to correct, whatever I can find on the web or word of mouth etc.
    The last phone I tested was the HTC M8, which failed "inside my pocket test" (buttons getting pushed, volume changing on lockscreen) " and unsatisfactory picture quality (plastic camera cover, scratched up) and ended up as my wife's phone. Besides those problems the HTC M8 is a speed demon, even today.
    So, right now the Priv is doing semi-good, meaning I gotta get the heating up under control and the battery life is just dismal* (IMO).
    Disabled a bunch of apps already (Verizon junk I don't need), although I don't want to go too far, since its supposed to be a smartphone and running around with most apps disabled would defeat its purpose.
    So I just want to know what other Priv owners getting with the battery life.
    Here is my experience:
    Took it off the charger with 100% and I did some heavy onscreen time, downloading/deleting apps, watching some youtube, reading some websites. I also turned the phone off and restarted once. Switched wallpapers, re-arranged icons.
    After 30 minutes, I'm at 72%. That's almost exactly 10% per 10 minutes on-screen time. This isn't the first time I tested this, this is a repeat test the 3rd time now.
    The phone also got extremely warm after restart, but it's cool now.
    So, what is your observation or how bad is my phone doing?
    03-18-17 09:18 PM
    I usually get 12 hrs plus out of mine except on days when I work and even then I get 8 plus. Both of my work places are in buildings that have the phone constantly looking for signal. One is a basement in a 100 year old courthouse and the other is the ambulance base. It's a new building but it's all metal and we all have exceptional difficulties with reception. WiFi calling helps a lot in there but doesn't take away from the signal search. Mine very rarely gets warm. I don't spend hours at a time watching video but I do read a lot and Web surf considerably. I'm perfectly content with the battery life on my Verizon priv
    03-18-17 10:20 PM
    I have never got less than a day, unless I'm streaming video for an extended period of time.
    03-18-17 11:07 PM
    Mine is an Unlocked Verizon and lasts 5-5,5hrs onscreen, 12hrs for combination usage.
    03-19-17 11:45 PM
    I generally get 4.5-6 hours SOT.
    03-20-17 12:49 AM
    Today my Priv (unlocked on T-Mobile) after 13 hours I was at 15%. Sometimes it gets more and sometimes less. I was pretty active on it today.
    If you just got the Priv and did a lot of updates and loaded apps etc, then it would have used more battery life than normal. Also it has been reported that it needs a couple of days to settle after upgrading to marshmallow from lollipop. When doing security updates and app updates etc it can get warm, and I think that is pretty common. I always set aside time for doing this when I won't be using it. I have had mine almost since launch so I don't remember so well how it was when I first got it, but do remember the warming issue got much better with the upgrade to Marshmallow. BlackBerry also has done a lot of improvements to the software since launch.
    03-20-17 01:18 AM
    It got worsen after factory reset.
    Attached Thumbnails Average Battery life of Priv-7129.jpg  
    03-20-17 12:36 PM
    Went from the Passport (where I could easily get more than 24 hours out of a charge) to the Priv, and I've never been happy with the battery life.

A busy morning at work, and I'm looking for a charger before noon. Almost always have to remember to put it on charge at some point during the day, or it will be dead before I get home. That means less than 10 hrs on a charge.

Worked from home today, with no real heavy use on the phone. Here's the results:
    Attached Thumbnails Average Battery life of Priv-97434.jpg  
    03-21-17 05:55 PM
    I get same as BCloco. Not terrible, but I was expecting so much better from the PRIV
    03-22-17 07:56 AM
    My usage is probably lighter than most: not much streaming / internet usage. I often get two full days from a charge.

There are battery life hacks / hints all over the place. Here are a few in summary:
    • Turn off animations
    • turn off adaptive brightness on the screen display
    • make sure all of your apps are updated to the latest, Android also
    • watch for stuff doing things in the background
    • Use Swipe for Facebook access - it's much more efficient, although slower
    FF22 likes this.
    03-22-17 08:26 AM
    So often the problem is the background stuff, like the social apps connecting and the like. I am a heavy use and my battery lasts until 10pm most days with a quick charge when in my car to boost it.

If one reboots, initially the battery Usage is higher due to the phone repopulating Contacts and emails.

If the phone keeps overheating, then something is wrong. Mine used to overheat on Lollipop, but hardly ever since upgrading to Marshmallow.
    03-22-17 08:36 AM
    I found the latest Verizon Messenger update torpedoed the battery. 80% to 5% in about 5 hours. I went back to the original factory version and now it seems fine. I did notice that it had the mobile connection up the whole time (traffic arrows on solid). Normally I can make it all day. Almost all the battery problems on the Priv are related to software.
    03-22-17 08:53 AM
    Ok, I got this Priv a week ago (refurb) and I am might be biased to a certain degree, but I can only compare the Priv to my iPhone 6S and my HTC M8, when it comes to battery life. I don't use all these phones at once, my iPhone is my daily driver for 2yrs now, although I carry another with me for business reasons and sometimes it's a $20 flip phone or whatever I am curious about (right now, the Priv).
    When I get a new phone (new for me), it gets into a "testing period", under which I try all sorts of things and see if the phone more of a nuisance or something I want to hold on to.
    Before I pass the phone on (either to a family member or I sell it) I do every possible thing I can find to correct, whatever I can find on the web or word of mouth etc.
    The last phone I tested was the HTC M8, which failed "inside my pocket test" (buttons getting pushed, volume changing on lockscreen) " and unsatisfactory picture quality (plastic camera cover, scratched up) and ended up as my wife's phone. Besides those problems the HTC M8 is a speed demon, even today.
    So, right now the Priv is doing semi-good, meaning I gotta get the heating up under control and the battery life is just dismal* (IMO).
    Disabled a bunch of apps already (Verizon junk I don't need), although I don't want to go too far, since its supposed to be a smartphone and running around with most apps disabled would defeat its purpose.
    So I just want to know what other Priv owners getting with the battery life.
    Here is my experience:
    Took it off the charger with 100% and I did some heavy onscreen time, downloading/deleting apps, watching some youtube, reading some websites. I also turned the phone off and restarted once. Switched wallpapers, re-arranged icons.
    After 30 minutes, I'm at 72%. That's almost exactly 10% per 10 minutes on-screen time. This isn't the first time I tested this, this is a repeat test the 3rd time now.
    The phone also got extremely warm after restart, but it's cool now.
    So, what is your observation or how bad is my phone doing?
    I am relatively a heavy user and need to charge my priv atleast 2 to 3 times a day. Ya need to always carry my chargers to charge whenever possible.

Battery life is a downside for priv for sure and could be a very valid reason to change their phone.

A friend of mine got a nougat in his sony. His cellphone user is similar and charging frequency too. But post he got his nougat his one time charge is sufficient for his 2800 or about Mah battery to last him the whole day. It's gives me to believe nougat has worked on simplifying the process and increasing bat life. Guess once nougat his the privs (most likely june or July 2017 I recon) then the chargers will be less required.

Yes the privs do get warmer at times, does lag / hangs sometime ans need a restart for it to perform better.

All said and done I still priv is a great phone, perhaps the only phone in the world that gives you option of pkb and vkb!!

Posted via CB10
    newcollector likes this.
    03-22-17 12:25 PM
    8-10 hours of mid level use!
    03-22-17 03:46 PM
    Battery life is fine for me. Never actually had any trouble with it. Not as good as the Passport but still great and leaps better than the DTEK50
    03-23-17 02:05 AM
    Battery life on PRIV should be better.

I get through the day ok but that's about it. It's my biggest disappointment with the phone.
    03-23-17 09:30 AM
    One thing that helped me was going to a dark theme for everything that allows it: Hub, Wallpaper, apps etc.

I also turned off my social media notifications and what they do in the background. Drove me nuts "binging" when I really don't care about game invites etc.
    Wezard likes this.
    03-23-17 02:25 PM