SOLVED see below...

Since MM update my autocorrelation offers me some shortened NOT words (...n't) not with a single quote-sign ' but with double-quote sign: " :

didn"t instead of didn't
    doesn"t instead of doesn't

Autocorrection offers <didn''t> as word correction (after MM update)-uploadfromtaptalk1462508178161.jpg
    Autocorrection offers <didn''t> as word correction (after MM update)-uploadfromtaptalk1462508209706.jpg

I looked into all of my personal dictionaries and in non of them there are those words.
    Autocorrection offers <didn''t> as word correction (after MM update)-uploadfromtaptalk1462508225165.jpg

How can i stop the device from suggesting those?
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05-07-16 at 09:17 AM. Reason: SOLVED !!!
    Bucwolfser likes this.
    05-05-16 11:17 PM
    It sounds like this has been learned somehow - and if you're using Hub for email it can now learn from sent messages that weren't typed on your PRIV, but were synced to your account, (assuming that you granted permission for the BlackBerry Keyboard to access the data.) This learning is separate from your personal dictionary, to which you can explicitly add words.

Take a look at Settings > Language & input > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings > Prediction and correction > Restricted words

Hit '+' near the top to bring up a dialog. You can then type in a word, or tap on "SEE LEARNED WORDS" to select (by long pressing) from a list of words learned from your typing - then tap "restrict" to apply the selections.

Hope that helps!
    Mark from BlackBerry
    FF22 and gizmo21 like this.
    05-06-16 05:18 PM
    Thx alot Mark, this is great - i also blocked all my accountnames and falsely in textfields entered Passwords there too.

Autocorrection offers <didn''t> as word correction (after MM update)-uploadfromtaptalk1462620266538.jpg
    05-07-16 06:24 AM

Take a look at Settings > Language & input > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings > Prediction and correction > Restricted words

Hit '+' near the top to bring up a dialog.

Hope that helps!
    Mark from BlackBerry

Only i never would have pressed that greyed out "+" - it should white so one knows it's pressable.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05-07-16 at 06:37 AM. Reason: SOLVED !!!
    05-07-16 06:27 AM
    Thx alot Mark, this is great - i also blocked all my accountnames and falsely in textfields entered Passwords there too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462620266538.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	399202
    Had to laugh when I read the above since your screenshot at the top of this thread shows that you have "alot" set to correct to "a lot".
    05-07-16 08:53 AM
    Had to laugh when I read the above since your screenshot at the top of this thread shows that you have "alot" set to correct to "a lot".
    Well nothing i put in there - that's what BlackBerry is thinking Americans a typing wrong and should be corrected on

Nothing of that in the "English (United Kingdom)" section
    05-07-16 09:15 AM
    Well nothing i put in there - that's what BlackBerry is thinking Americans a typing wrong and should be corrected on

Nothing of that in the "English (United Kingdom)" section
    LOL That's not what I meant. I meant that in your first post in this thread, it shows that you have autocorrect set to change "alot" (wrong) to "a lot" (right), however in post #3 in this thread, you wrote "alot" and it wasn't corrected. LOL
    gizmo21 likes this.
    05-07-16 09:44 AM
    It sounds like this has been learned somehow - and if you're using Hub for email it can now learn from sent messages that weren't typed on your PRIV, but were synced to your account, (assuming that you granted permission for the BlackBerry Keyboard to access the data.) This learning is separate from your personal dictionary, to which you can explicitly add words.

Hit '+' near the top to bring up a dialog. You can then type in a word, or tap on "SEE LEARNED WORDS" to select (by long pressing) from a list of words learned from your typing - then tap "restrict" to apply the selections.

Hope that helps!
    Mark from BlackBerry
    Okay, when I press Restricted Words, there are NONE.

When I then press the + (plus symbol), I and "See learned Words" I see a very long list of words and NUMBERS and even symbols like ( and ) and /

I see numbers like 111, and 125th and 14, 15, 177, 1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, etc. I see bad/incorrect email addresses, too.

What are all these things. Do I have the ability to get rid of some of them? How?

I'm not sure that I have to restrict them as much as just clean out the gunk.

Thanks.
    05-07-16 10:00 AM
    Okay, when I press Restricted Words, there are NONE.

When I then press the + (plus symbol), I and "See learned Words" I see a very long list of words and NUMBERS and even symbols like ( and ) and /

I see numbers like 111, and 125th and 14, 15, 177, 1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, etc. I see bad/incorrect email addresses, too.

What are all these things. Do I have the ability to get rid of some of them? How?

I'm not sure that I have to restrict them as much as just clean out the gunk.

Thanks.
    Predictions from the BlackBerry Keyboard are personalized by learning from what you type using the BlackBerry Keyboard (at the end of text editing sessions) - and also from your sent messages synced to Hub and typed on other devices if you've given permission for this. Note that there is some filtering to avoid learning from quoted text.

This text may include numbers and symbols, email addresses, etc, and it will include typos that hadn't been corrected. However, context is considered as well as frequency and recency. If I mistyped an email address of "[email protected]" as "[email protected]" once (and didn't correct it before the editing session finished) but typed it the correct way many times, the correct spelling should be much more likely to be predicted. However, the algorithm can't really tell that one is a misspelling of the other - it may just be a less commonly used but valid entry.

The restricted word list allows you to manually identify learned words that should never be predicted. Most of them may be very unlikely to be predicted anyway if they've just come up once. You shouldn't have to go through the list and restrict everything that you don't expect to use, since the majority won't be predicted in normal typing anyway, but it does provide a way to deal with inappropriate predictions that you do see cropping up.

Regards,
    Mark from BlackBerry
    FF22 likes this.
    05-09-16 08:00 AM
    @Mark sorry for hijacking a friend ask me if is it possible to use pkb to send email? Without having to touch the screen for sending email
    05-09-16 08:11 AM
    @Mark sorry for hijacking a friend ask me if is it possible to use pkb to send email? Without having to touch the screen for sending email
    It's not something the keyboard itself can add to an app, but certainly apps could provide support for some key combinations. I can't promise a timeline for any improvement in core apps provided by BlackBerry, but people are talking about it.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-13-16 10:16 AM