So today I played around with android device manager. With this enabled, you can access your device's location and even ring it as well as wipe it, in the even it is lost or stolen. If the device gets wiped, the device manager will stop functioning, so why have auto wipe enabled at all? If someone steals the phone, they will likely get it wiped by mis-guessing the password, and then you will never be able to locate the device again.

I currently use a PIN to unlock my Priv, and I have the "PIN to boot up" enabled as well, but I have disabled the auto wipe feature.

What do you guys think?
    11-15-15 08:40 PM
    It is to protect your data. If you have a lot of private data on your phone you don't want to let someone keep guessing till they get your pass you want to know your data is no longer on there.
    11-15-15 08:43 PM
    It's too bad you cant wipe the phone AND still be able to track it afterwords. It basically comes down to, which are you more concerned about, losing your data or losing your device.
    11-15-15 08:46 PM
    That would be a good feature. But most stolen phones are wiped right away anyways so there is no way to prove who owns it if caught. I remember BlackBerry Protect locked the device to the users BBID even if they wipe it.
    11-15-15 08:49 PM