I am not sure if that's what the feature was called -- but on my Bold 9930, I created a series of acronyms, abbreviations, etc. For example, either in a text or in an email, if I typed "tyvm" and hit space after the "m" -- the phrase "thank you very much would appear. I did the same with the letter "u" -- I typed "u" and then space, and the word "you" would be automatically typed out. I created these. There were some that were already there -- mostly for spelling errors.

Does the Priv have a similar feature/capability? Thank you very much in advance.
    08-13-16 11:13 PM
    I bought my PRIV four days ago, and I have also been searching for this feature. I remember it well on my 9930 and Z10. Good luck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-13-16 11:20 PM
    Yes it is available on the Priv. Go to Languages and Input - - > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings --> Prediction and Correction --> Word Substitution

FF22, Tech Idiot and Wezard like this.
    08-13-16 11:27 PM
    Yes it is available on the Priv. Go to Languages and Input - - > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings --> Prediction and Correction --> Word Substitution

Thank you very much! It is a very nice feature...create your own personal shortcuts, abbreviations, etc. Saves time, let's you think on the fly, etc.

Thanks again.
    08-14-16 07:54 AM
    It is a great feature. BlackBerry also recently added the ability to edit your learned words in case you mis typed a word a few times and want to delete it.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    FF22 and Tech Idiot like this.
    08-14-16 07:57 AM
    And from what I saw in another thread, they seem to be working on bringing our beloved macros back to text substitution as well :-)
    It's awesome how they care for their users now, almost feels like the whole Android move drove their motivation right through the roof :-)

Posted via CB10
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-14-16 08:01 AM
    Wow. That's an excellent way to put it. Maybe it is a new set of programmers.

I've felt the same way with the regular updated of the BlackBerry suite of apps. It reminds me that BlackBerry is still around and m further, trying to improve things.

bberrist and Tech Idiot like this.
    08-14-16 08:13 AM
    I just wish that they would fix the absence of a BACKSPACE macro - it use to be the %b or %B would be able to remove the space character.
    08-14-16 12:05 PM
    So what macros do we have ? Mypin doesn't work. Are there any?

08-14-16 12:24 PM

BB becomes, well......

alot a lot
    itsa it's a

mynumber shows your PHONE NUMBER

myver shows 5.1.1 (which is NOT MM )

mypin seems broken.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-14-16 01:24 PM
    Oh. I meant the variables. I guess a couple work.

Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-14-16 04:34 PM
    Oh. I meant the variables. I guess a couple work.

I don't recall them all. There were time and date ones, too??? Or was that even older phones?
    08-14-16 05:20 PM
    I just wish that they would fix the absence of a BACKSPACE macro - it use to be the %b or %B would be able to remove the space character.
    Thanks for pointing this out -- so, let me ask a question -- what would you use this "shortcut" for? You wouldn't type %b just to get a back pace move, right? I am a bit confused on these shortcuts. I just use some abbreviations for time-savers, ease, convenience, etc. Thank you!
    08-14-16 05:25 PM
    Thanks for pointing this out -- so, let me ask a question -- what would you use this "shortcut" for? You wouldn't type %b just to get a back pace move, right? I am a bit confused on these shortcuts. I just use some abbreviations for time-savers, ease, convenience, etc. Thank you!
    My main example is for sheer laziness.

I have a substitution for the Question Mark ?

In my macro, I have a "v" by itself turn into a ?

Can I ask you a question v(space)

becomes

Can I ask you a question?

At least that was how it worked in prior BB phones. The %b was a backspace which would have removed the BLANK SPACE between the last word and the question mark character.

Now is comes out

Can I ask you a question ?

It was my way of dealing with the fact that you need to press more keys to get a frequently used punctuation key. I now do it automatically on BB phones. I ignore the offending extra space - one more example of phones killing our language!
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-14-16 06:31 PM
    My main example is for sheer laziness.

I have a substitution for the Question Mark ?

In my macro, I have a "v" by itself turn into a ?

Can I ask you a question v(space)

becomes

Can I ask you a question?

At least that was how it worked in prior BB phones. The %b was a backspace which would have removed the BLANK SPACE between the last word and the question mark character.

Now is comes out

Can I ask you a question ?

It was my way of dealing with the fact that you need to press more keys to get a frequently used punctuation key. I now do it automatically on BB phones. I ignore the offending extra space - one more example of phones killing our language!
    Got it...thank you!
    08-14-16 11:13 PM

Just tested, "mypin" works but seems to be in BBM chat only. It didn't work in this post.

FF22 likes this.
    08-14-16 11:27 PM
    Ah. That's interesting. I wonder why it would work one place but not another. It used to work everywhere (bb10 and bb7).

08-14-16 11:39 PM
    Ah. That's interesting. I wonder why it would work one place but not another. It used to work everywhere (bb10 and bb7).

Yes I remember that. Not sure why either but it definitely works in BBM.

08-14-16 11:42 PM
    9:49:56 PM and Sunday, August 14, 2016 still work

Lt and ld

FF22 likes this.
    08-14-16 11:50 PM
    9:49:56 PM and Sunday, August 14, 2016 still work

Lt and ld

I missed those when I quickly went through the list.

What's interesting is that there's no where that they mention those types of subs anymore. It probably goes back to bbOS stuff where there was a help screen or something that showed those types of macro "keys"
    08-14-16 11:58 PM
    I missed those when I quickly went through the list.

What's interesting is that there's no where that they mention those types of subs anymore. It probably goes back to bbOS stuff where there was a help screen or something that showed those types of macro "keys"
    Actually those are variables to insert data. The macros do more than that, e.g. eliminating spaces, so variables could be used to insert characters into a word. Macros have been quite popular to insert umlauts into words, which is why some people (like me) are missing them now under Android. The BlackBerry pkb is awesome for languages like English but as soon as umlauts become a frequent input, it becomes VERY annoying and slow without macros.

Posted via CB10

Edit 2017-1-15: Since in the meantime the devs gave us the customizable layout, this Kraut here has nothing left to whish for in the pkb department. Typing our weird Umlauts is now fast as hell across all apps and I think I'm gonna be a happy camper on my PRIV for a long time ahead. Here's hoping that their will be a TCLberry slider waiting for me once the PRIV has ultimately aged well.
    Last edited by bberrist; 01-14-17 at 07:56 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-15-16 02:56 AM
    There are a bunch of word substitutions.

Attached Thumbnails Auto text?-561.jpg  
    08-15-16 12:55 PM