I just noticed that my auto-rotate doesn't work in apps that support it like Chrome or Adobe. I tried a hard reset (32 seconds), but still not working.

Any thoughts?
    12-11-16 10:01 AM
    I just noticed that my auto-rotate doesn't work in apps that support it like Chrome or Adobe. I tried a hard reset (32 seconds), but still not working.

Any thoughts?
    So, in Quick Settings, you hit that Auto-rotate icon and it did not change?

You might give BB Virtual Expert a try and see if it has a test and the result.

How about the Main Settings, Display, (scroll down), When Device is rotated - what is that setting?

I just fired up Chrome and it rotated the two pages I tested.
    12-11-16 10:11 AM
    So, in Quick Settings, you hit that Auto-rotate icon and it did not change?

You might give BB Virtual Expert a try and see if it has a test and the result.

I just fired up Chrome and it rotated the two pages I tested.
    It actually changes when I tap on Auto-Rotate, but it doesn't do anything. My display is fixed in portrait view. I will try running Virtual Expert.
    12-11-16 10:13 AM
    It actually changes when I tap on Auto-Rotate, but it doesn't do anything. My display is fixed in portrait view. I will try running Virtual Expert.
    You were too quick. I edited my Reply. There's also a Display Setting that might affect it.
    12-11-16 10:14 AM
    Pull down at the top of the screen with two fingers. Change the setting from Portrait to Auto rotate.

Note that when certain app and OS updates are pushed to your phone, you may notice it has been reset to Portrait lock. Just perform the same steps to enable the auto rotate.

I have started a thread about this. Continual change to portrait lock
    /blackberry-priv-f440/continual-change-portrait-lock-1094125/
    12-11-16 10:17 AM
    I ran Virtual Expert and it failed the Orientation Test. It didn't detect "Top Up" "Left Up" "Right Up" "Face Down" "Face Up" or "Bottom Up". However, the Gyrometer test was passed. The OS knows the phone is moving around.

This is weird.
    12-11-16 10:28 AM
    You were too quick. I edited my Reply. There's also a Display Setting that might affect it.
    I tried this too. Same effect.
    12-11-16 10:28 AM
    Have you tried the easy steps I provided?
    12-11-16 10:30 AM
    Have you tried the easy steps I provided?
    Yes, no effect.
    12-11-16 10:31 AM
    I don't think this is a hardware issue. BlackBerry Virtual Expert doesn't detect the screen orientation change, but a third-party app does. Perhaps something was broken in the last OS update?

May I ask fellow CrackBerry members to see if their screen orientation is working OK? It will make me feel better to know if it's hardware or software.
    12-12-16 06:57 AM
    Mine works fine - AAH995 with Dec5 security uodate.
    If it failed the orientation test, and a 32 second hold the power button reset didn't fix it - prob a hardware problem.
    The gyrometer is a different sensor from the orientation sensor. (though it may be contained in the same chip)
    12-12-16 07:34 AM
    Mine works fine as well. I am on AT&T with AAH995 with Dec 5 update.
    12-12-16 01:01 PM
    Well, I did a hard reset and wipe. Still a problem. Looks like it's a hardware issue and I will be returning to the retailer tomorrow for a warranty claim. Luckily I'm 11 months into a 12 month warranty.... so out to repair it will go.

Until then, back to my trusty Passport :-(
    12-12-16 05:17 PM
    Just curious - does the camera app rotate between Portrait and Landscape?
    12-12-16 05:35 PM
    Just curious - does the camera app rotate between Portrait and Landscape?
    No. Nothing rotates.
    12-12-16 05:46 PM
    Wouldn't have thought to ask that, but it confirms - hardware.
    12-12-16 05:50 PM
    Wouldn't have thought to ask that, but it confirms - hardware.
    Yep. It's a shame. Oh well. I guess I will be back to the Passport for a few weeks until it's fixed.
    12-12-16 05:51 PM
    One last question but probably not: You have not installed any third party programs that might interact with rotation? What, if you recall, were the last apps you installed.
    12-12-16 06:13 PM
    One last question but probably not: You have not installed any third party programs that might interact with rotation? What, if you recall, were the last apps you installed.
    I thought about that. But I did a factory reset, and the problem is still there.
    12-12-16 06:14 PM
    You guys aren't going to believe this.....

I did some Googling for this problem and came across something that fixed it! The solution was to drop my Priv on its back from a height of about 8 inches on a hard surface. Voila!!!!! It fixed it. Apparently the accelerometers can get stuck and this fixes them. I swear... search for it....

Apparently this happens to all Android devices...

I couldn't believe it!!!!

https://productforums.google.com/for...us/dm0059iY3DA
    FF22 likes this.
    12-12-16 09:28 PM

I did some Googling for this problem and came across something that fixed it! The solution was to drop my Priv on its back from a height of about 8 inches on a hard surface. Voila!!!!! It fixed it. Apparently the accelerometers can get stuck and this fixes them. I swear... search for it....

I almost came back with a suggestion to SLAP it into your other hand firmly but with care. Thinking it might need jostling.

Nice work. Although I would monitor it over the remaining warranty period.
    12-12-16 10:10 PM
    I almost came back with a suggestion to SLAP it into your other hand firmly but with care. Thinking it might need jostling.

Nice work. Although I would monitor it over the remaining warranty period.
    I tried the hand approach, but it didn't seem to jostle it enough. I kept the case on when doing it, and dropped in onto a hard rubber workout mat. I'm actually shocked that it worked.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-12-16 10:50 PM

Dude, Thank you very much, I had the same problem, was worried that it wouldn't work anymore and I just fixed it by slaping it against my hand
    12-26-16 10:29 AM
    Dude, Thank you very much, I had the same problem, was worried that it wouldn't work anymore and I just fixed it by slaping it against my hand
    LOL! Incredible isn't it? I was about to return it.
    12-26-16 11:08 AM