05-19-16 06:07 AM
230 123 ...
tools
    Okay guys, the campaign is on. If you're an Aussie user and want the Priv, hit up your local carrier on their community forums. Here are the threads for the big three if you want to be a part of seeing this device in your hands doing well in the country.

Telstra:
    BlackBerry Priv - Telstra Crowdsupport - 515308

Optus:
    https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Mo...134695#U134695

Vodafone:
    Re: New BlackBerry Venice Slider running Android. - Vodafone Community - 396926

As we all know, hits matter, so hit these guys up and let's see the Priv do well in a largely abandoned market.
    10-18-15 10:04 PM
    Thanks Chap. Will circulate the links my friends
    Chaplain_Clancy likes this.
    10-18-15 10:23 PM
    I'm on it!
    10-20-15 08:32 PM
    Hey Clancy, feels like a scene out of the Blues Brother. We are putting the band back together

Ok so I have can see the post here, have you launched a twitter campaign how many people do we have active on this?

Ill check out the optus forum tonight we met there aswell ahhh the good ol days.

God Bless and speak soon.

CO
    10-21-15 01:01 AM
    @Chaplain_Clancy: Living in Aus and want the BlackBerry Priv on your carrier? Show them how much. https://t.co/jEKMvxgf02

https://twitter.com/Chaplain_Clancy/...16987058380800

Retweet the hell out of it.
    10-21-15 01:53 AM
    I'm onto it now. Did Vodafone earlier and will do Telstra ASAP. I emailed BBStore two days ago and got no reply. Considering they are still selling the Passport for over $1000 I don't expect to be buying a Priv from them. Here's hoping all the other carriers stock it and at a reasonable price.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 04:21 AM
    Clancy do we want to do another poll see who wants it can't hurt I can build one and we can push it out may help with capturing interest
    10-21-15 04:59 AM
    A few Aussie guys are currently pushing the carriers. But we need as many as possible. I have started the Vodafone campaign, and Chap got the Optus and Telstra campaigns going.

Escape525, thanks for your participation in Vodafone forum. C'mon guys, stick a rocket up your carrier and keep nagging them. We need to really push, and having an Android device might just snag their interest.
     Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    10-21-15 05:25 AM
    for all twitter users don't forget to add #BBPriv to all posts
    10-21-15 05:18 PM
    You're right. A poll can't hurt. Let's do it.
    10-22-15 08:15 PM
    Hey Clancy, feels like a scene out of the Blues Brother. We are putting the band back together

CO
    Hahahaha. Not quite sure that we're on a mission from God regarding this. With that said, I'm sure that I can fit in some pastoral support as I do this.
    10-22-15 08:16 PM
    Okay all!

Firstly, thanks for the support. All three forums are moving. So far, (surprise surprise) Optus has been very responsive. Three forums mods have chimed in and say that they are pushing the support to their management. Some even said that they themselves are interested. We even have some insider intel. that says the Optus management have already shifted in their thinking about the device. Vodafone has had a moderator notice the thread and give the usual 'we'll let you know if we hear anything' line and Telstra as per usual have been very silent. All in all though, a good start. keep it going, keep tweeting your carrier and the hashtag #BBPriv and show these guys that they need to stock this device.
    10-22-15 08:22 PM
    I wouldn't expect any kind of announcement / confirmation until the device is available in other markets. Looking at recent Blackberry history, devices have been available in Australia 2-3 months post availability in the UK / US / Canada. So based on a November release, we would be looking at a Feb / March timeline..
    10-22-15 09:01 PM
    Actually Nick, the Passport launch was only a month after it launched globally. It was supposed to be only a couple of weeks, but there was a conflict of info between Optus and BlackBerry. Australia was initially slated to get it before the US.

There is reason to believe to might be sooner. Telstra are the ones who wait for four or five months to launch a device.
    10-25-15 05:49 AM
    I note the BBStore.com.au now has Priv and accessories listed. Priv is: pricing and delivery coming soon. Hope to see something soon but expect it to be expensive as this store always is

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 12:42 AM
    Well spotted escape 525. Good signs!
    10-26-15 12:50 AM
    Hey Guys,

I've added my piece to the Telstra crowdsupport forums - but we need more!

Post here: BlackBerry Priv - Telstra Crowdsupport - 515308
    And also feel free to start a new thread here: General Mobiles - Telstra Crowdsupport

The more the merrier.

I also suggest starting an online chat with Telstra support, and ask them about the Priv. Finally, if you dare, give your local Telstra retail store a call and ask them about it. If they get enough calls, they'll feed it back to their HQ.

And of course, if they go ahead and stock the phone - buy it!!! Support the carriers as they support us
    10-29-15 06:25 PM
    I just added my support in the Optus forum also
    10-29-15 06:35 PM
    Cmon Optus u bastards

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 06:59 PM
    Anywhere online that'll ship to Aus on the $750US price?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-31-15 11:17 PM
    Chap I lost the group. Can someone add me? Pin: zocster
    10-31-15 11:33 PM
    Well, Optus this morning stated via community page they do not plan to release the Priv. BlackBerry has certainly lost market share in Australia

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 03:42 PM
    Needs more massaging.... :-D

They'll probably wait and see whether it's a hit overseas... and then commit to it...

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    11-01-15 09:58 PM
    What was said this morning was that the Priv was not on the current Optus roadmap. So before we read that as 'not happening' which frequently happens in here, lets remember that Australia is traditionally behind other markets and with the release of the Passport, it was one day 'no way' and the next 'we're totally on board'. They even ran a competition giving away two Passports.

Once Priv is released, then we'll go into overdrive.
    11-01-15 10:07 PM
    Watch for the amazon.com listing, the initial batch of passports shipped to Australia before the removed the option. The other one to try is B&H video or Big Apple Buddy, who source the item in the US and then post to you

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 01:06 AM
230 123 ...