I know there are some BlackBerry staff reading some of these posts noting issues that need to be addressed.

I wanted to grab your attention and ask if your management is way out of touch with their customers, or are there reasons why epic failure of decisions keep getting repeatedly made?

For example:

No BBM Video on Android when your new flagship device is Android. Fail.

Various build quality issues on a cannot fail device. Fail.

Expecting Passport/Classic owners to upgrade to a pricer device with Leap parts. (Speakers). Fail.

Advertising that you've brought BlackBerry 10 features to Android with subpar versions of those features like Hub. Fail.

I'm sure people have many other issue. Ignoring the fact that all of these are NO BRAINERS, your loyal fans voice these concerns loudly. I truly need to know for my own sanity. Do your bosses somehow not know? Do they have no pulse on the needs of users? Or do they know, and there are reasons why all these fails have occurred?

Any insight would be appreciated. I'm known as a huge BlackBerry fan to my friends and even I'm ready to throw in the towel. I can't take these glaringly stupid mistakes anymore. I wanted to like the Priv so much. Even got used to the idea of Android. But I can't she'll out $1000 CND to buy a device with so many fails IMO. And I'm starting to feel as though my Passport is going to be the last BlackBerry device I'm ever going to purchase unless someone at BlackBerry wakes the hell up.

This is in part a rant to blow off some steam. The ineptitude is driving me nuts. But I honestly am looking for an answer to this question as well for my own sanity. Does anyone else feel this way?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 09:44 PM
    Well said. Be prepared for the usual "BlackBerry will fix it in the future" talk lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 10:07 PM
    Give 'em, bro!
    02-23-16 10:07 PM
    Good rant!
    IMO they should have tried sticking it out with Passport a little longer and fined tuned it into an unbeatable piece of hardware.

Like the good days.
    Weird example, but flawless phone for me, except for track ball, was the 8330.
    I actually became bored with my old 8330 because everything worked without any issues.

Posted via CB10
    acovey, james-007 and RichardHBB like this.
    02-23-16 10:39 PM
    I know there are some BlackBerry staff reading some of these posts noting issues that need to be addressed.

I wanted to grab your attention and ask if your management is way out of touch with their customers, or are there reasons why epic failure of decisions keep getting repeatedly made?

For example:

Expecting Passport/Classic owners to upgrade to a pricer device with Leap parts. (Speakers). Fail.

Advertising that you've brought BlackBerry 10 features to Android with subpar versions of those features like Hub. Fail.

I'm sure people have many other issue. Ignoring the fact that all of these are NO BRAINERS, your loyal fans voice these concerns loudly. I truly need to know for my own sanity. Do your bosses somehow not know? Do they have no pulse on the needs of users? Or do they know, and there are reasons why all these fails have occurred?

Any insight would be appreciated. I'm known as a huge BlackBerry fan to my friends and even I'm ready to throw in the towel. I can't take these glaringly stupid mistakes anymore. I wanted to like the Priv so much. Even got used to the idea of Android. But I can't she'll out $1000 CND to buy a device with so many fails IMO. And I'm starting to feel as though my Passport is going to be the last BlackBerry device I'm ever going to purchase unless someone at BlackBerry wakes the hell up.

This is in part a rant to blow off some steam. The ineptitude is driving me nuts. But I honestly am looking for an answer to this question as well for my own sanity. Does anyone else feel this way?

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the post / rant.

It's... disappointing. The priv was supposed to be 'the best of both worlds' but they have taken away EVERYTHING that made us stick to BlackBerry's for all these years.
    The terrible oversights...
    No Peek and flow (it can be somewhat replicated but it's nowhere close to the BB10 experience)... A choppy Hub with phantom notifications and serious issues with integration, the contacts apps with NO FIELD for BBM PIN / Contacts. The BB10 Browser (it was amazing).. just SOME of the glaring oversights which should'nt have happened to begin with (let alone, remain unaddressed months after the launch).

Some users on the forum say that individuals like you and I are 'idiotic dinosaurs' (paraphrasing) for wanting an Android device to provide the BB10 experience. That we are fools to be comparing the two experiences. Fair enough. They are entitled to their opinion.

My view is: Sure there may be platform limitations. I get it. But SOME OF IT can be addressed (if not all). The Contacts module for example... What possible platform limitation could there be for NOT INCLUDING BBM PIN field?

The other day, I was speaking to a friend and I said - I don't care if BB wants to make Android phones. Let them make tons of those. No issues. There is a market and they want to keep up with it, it's fine. BUT let them also make (albeit in a limited quantity) OS10 devices as well. Let them charge twice the price for those limited handsets (to cover for this). But for us few 'idiotic dinosaurs', make a phone that WORKS out of the box, the way it is expected to work.

At least up-till the time that we are hounded and hunted by these IN STEP WITH THE TIME/APP JUNKIE MOB that needs an APP for every god damn thing!
    acovey, Q10Bold, xxslxx and 5 others like this.
    02-23-16 10:44 PM
    I'm not sure who is left from BlackBerry to read these forums. Hopefully not the ***** they have running their twitter.

Even if they made a great BB10 phone they can't update the runtime and they don't have anyone left to improve the OS. Chen ruined the company.

You guys should watch the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons of "Entourage" where all they do is talk about their BB's. It is so hard to believe how far and how fast this company fell.

Xperia Z5P / Android 5.1.1 / T-Mobile USA
    Q10Bold, RezzaBuh and jaydee5799 like this.
    02-23-16 10:53 PM
    Contacts crashing repeatedly.
    Terrible battery life.
    No HUB integration for orgs not supporting BlackBerry Device type even though this is an android.
    No support.

Paid a lot, ready for marshmallow and the fixes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    acovey likes this.
    02-23-16 10:59 PM
    Thank you for the post / rant.

It's... disappointing. The priv was supposed to be 'the best of both worlds' but they have taken away EVERYTHING that made us stick to BlackBerry's for all these years.
    The terrible oversights...
    No Peek and flow (it can be somewhat replicated but it's nowhere close to the BB10 experience)... A choppy Hub with phantom notifications and serious issues with integration, the contacts apps with NO FIELD for BBM PIN / Contacts. The BB10 Browser (it was amazing).. just SOME of the glaring oversights which should'nt have happened to begin with (let alone, remain unaddressed months after the launch).

Some users on the forum say that individuals like you and I are 'idiotic dinosaurs' (paraphrasing) for wanting an Android device to provide the BB10 experience. That we are fools to be comparing the two experiences. Fair enough. They are entitled to their opinion.

My view is: Sure there may be platform limitations. I get it. But SOME OF IT can be addressed (if not all). The Contacts module for example... What possible platform limitation could there be for NOT INCLUDING BBM PIN field?

The other day, I was speaking to a friend and I said - I don't care if BB wants to make Android phones. Let them make tons of those. No issues. There is a market and they want to keep up with it, it's fine. BUT let them also make (albeit in a limited quantity) OS10 devices as well. Let them charge twice the price for those limited handsets (to cover for this). But for us few 'idiotic dinosaurs', make a phone that WORKS out of the box, the way it is expected to work.

At least up-till the time that we are hounded and hunted by these IN STEP WITH THE TIME/APP JUNKIE MOB that needs an APP for every god damn thing!
    Yup, and I totally get not catering to us BlackBerry 10 fans. I do. But the build quality for that price, no BBM Video on Android while trying to win over the Android market, a *****y hub while trying to convince people BlackBerry's take on Android is unique, I mean wtf...

It's like they want to fail.

I've walked into a store to play with the Priv to convince myself to get it and that crap speaker and big software misses make me walk out empty handed. I think I've tried convincing myself two dozen times now. Even buying and returning it once. If they would communicate and reassure me BBM Video was coming with Marshmallow and what fixes to hub we can expect, I would buy Priv. But as a consumer not knowing what the hell is going on and waiting and hoping? Sorry. You fooled me once with PlayBook and I'm not doing it again. BlackBerry 10 was coming to PlayBook right? Nope! An empty promise. But who cares. At that point they had my money.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    02-23-16 11:02 PM
    OP... best post in ages.

Thank you!!
    acovey likes this.
    02-23-16 11:08 PM
    Good post

PIN 2COF829A
    02-23-16 11:10 PM
    I'm not sure who is left from BlackBerry to read these forums. Hopefully not the ***** they have running their twitter.

Even if they made a great BB10 phone they can't update the runtime and they don't have anyone left to improve the OS. Chen ruined the company.

You guys should watch the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons of "Entourage" where all they do is talk about their BB's. It is so hard to believe how far and how fast this company fell.

Xperia Z5P / Android 5.1.1 / T-Mobile USA
    We've covered this before, without Chen, there would be no more company.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 11:33 PM
    We've covered this before, without Chen, there would be no more company.

Posted via CB10
    Correct

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-23-16 11:40 PM
    Unfortunately BlackBerry 10 is no longer filling my needs. My Z30 is beginning to have issues with the alternative android apps I have to use to supplement. So I had to begin looking at android phones.

I can't stand the Google spying. Or the bloat that essentially gets put on the phone. And of course the horrible contacts and messaging system of Android.

Being on Verizon with my unlimited plan I'm pretty limited to the phones I can get. I finally settled on an LG G4 as its rootable (although locked bootloader) and has removable batter and external storage. With a 10 dollar antenna from Amazon I can get my qi charging back. So I figure I'll run rooted lollipop on it and install all the BlackBerry stuff from the priv on it and just miss out on the keyboard. It's practically the same phone but without the keyboard. I'll let you know how it goes when the phone arrives Thursday.

Edit: I also found that some developers on XDA created micro G which allows Google play services apps to run without installing GPS. It worked on my Z30 too.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 11:42 PM

For example:

Posted via CB10
    2 people I know with Privs absolutely love them. My experience in playing with them is yes.. issues but over all very good also.

Meh. Complain but nothing is perfect.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    needforbbx likes this.
    02-23-16 11:43 PM
    Blackberry without phones or phones using BB10 is NOT a company I have a need for.
    02-23-16 11:56 PM
    We're here to help folks with legitimate concerns or suggestions with respect our specific domains of expertise -- as was mentioned in our initial posts. There is no way we can comment on the topics you mention.
    Uzi, baarn, eldricho and 11 others like this.
    02-24-16 12:02 AM
    Honestly I feel the company is hoping for a take over. Chen showed promise. But his execution faltered. Perhaps there was really no hope for BlackBerry at all. I don't know. But I will not be buying another BlackBerry device. I have put enough money into them to be abandoned. BlackBerry 10 was abandoned like a year ago. Apps way before that. And the priv doesn't seem to be getting any new features added to it so it looks like it's getting abandoned prematurely. I hope it's because they are working on marshmallow and it's going to be a massive update with new features and such. But I'm not holding my breath. So I bought me the G4 for 450 bux.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK likes this.
    02-24-16 12:07 AM
    This sounds like a case for cutting your losses and exiting the hardware market. There's just too much work to do just to catch up to what the competition has right now let alone what they can do in the near future. The Summer is when the hear about what iOS and Android are working on for the Fall/Winter. And to what end? Sell 5 million handsets per year and try to break even? 95% of the handsets BlackBerry will be managing will be Android or iOS.

If there's no hardware announcement today at MWC then BlackBerry is getting out of hardware this year. There won't be an official announcement. This is the mobile event of the year. No announcement is the biggest announcement.
    JeepBB, zephyr613, mode_m and 1 others like this.
    02-24-16 12:10 AM
    I have to agree there are so many things missing from the priv that are standard on bb10 ,the way I understood was that the priv was going to be like bb10 but just running android .....this is not the case ......I would like to think we will get answers but I'm not holding my breath
    02-24-16 12:47 AM
    The sad reality of this situation is Chen is looking at this from a business perspective. After all that's all that really matters to blackberry.

In chen's mind he can make a lot more money with an android phone than he ever could with BB10. BB10 tried and failed. Although all of us BB10 users here know it's probably the best mobile OS on the planet, unfortunately the rest of the world prefers ios and android. The market is very heavily lopsided in favour of ios and android over anything else. So although we may not like it, a lot more others may. But if the priv doesn't succeed then i truly believe blackberry will be finished in the handset business.

L o r d R a j likes this.
    02-24-16 01:04 AM
    I'm very happy with my Priv. It's a very good phone and hopefully Blackberry will put more of its style on it in future. We've heard most of that rant before. The benefits far outweigh the disadvantages.

needforbbx and brian4591 like this.
    02-24-16 01:09 AM
    The sad reality of this situation is Chen is looking at this from a business perspective. After all that's all that really matters to blackberry.

In chen's mind he can make a lot more money with an android phone than he ever could with BB10. BB10 tried and failed. Although all of us BB10 users here know it's probably the best mobile OS on the planet, unfortunately the rest of the world prefers ios and android. The market is very heavily lopsided in favour of ios and android over anything else. So although we may not like it, a lot more others may. But if the priv doesn't succeed then i truly believe blackberry will be finished in the handset business.

Good point and I do agree with that.

BUT.. here is the thing - Speaking only for myself here - I am NOT a shareholder in BlackBerry. It doesn't matter to me if the company merges or dissolves.
    I didn't BUY a BlackBerry (either my first one or the Priv) out of a sense of 'Loyalty' to the brand. I bought the handsets which worked for me. For a while I used Nokias. Then it was Sony Ericsson (the entire P series, up until P1). When the newer handsets from SE stopped making sense (to me), I moved to the BB Curve. Stuck with the BB's because they worked for me. Moved on to the Bold series.

I was ticked off when the Z10 was made available BEFORE the Q10. But eventually the Q10 did become available and it was initially a bit of a disappointment (to me), but I got the hang of it. I did miss the Trackpad but I could USE the Q10 without getting mad or frustrated. The update to the Hub which came soon enough (that made sure returning to the hub would take you to the UNIVERSAL hub and not where you left it) was wonderful!

I was absolutely delighted when the Classic was announced. The perfect device. Used it. Loved it. STILL USING IT. Reliable and just WORKS. (wanted to get the passport but too big for single hand use).

None of that was out of LOYALTY for the brand. If BlackBerry shuts shop today, the existing BlackBerry handsets WILL CONTINUE TO function...

When the PRIV was announced, I didn't get it because of any implied sense of loyalty to BlackBerry OR that I want it to succeed. I bought the Priv because I ACTUALLY thought - hey.. its got a hub. its got a pkb. its got device search (universal search)... how bad could it be... besides, with everyone harping on about the ANDROID, this would be an ideal CROSS OVER device.

The decision to buy the priv had nothing to do with wanting to see BlackBerry succeed or anything. Like I said, I am not a shareholder or a stakeholder.

So CHEN saving the company or not, doesn't really matter to me. I don't think that it ACTUALLY matters to a majority of the users (just my view. I may be wrong). What matters is having a device that serves our purpose in the most efficient manner possible.

If no one is coming up with a device that suits my purpose, I will put up with whatever sh i t there is. No option. Sh i t happens. But that's NOT going to happen till my Classic is in working order. It may very well be one of the LAST sensible handsets left...

Of course... BB or someone else could just FIX the priv or come up with a better device that addresses our/my issues.
    02-24-16 01:19 AM

For example:

Posted via CB10
    Here here!! You tell em!!

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    02-24-16 02:15 AM
    well said
    02-24-16 02:33 AM
    Contacts crashing repeatedly.
    Terrible battery life.
    No HUB integration for orgs not supporting BlackBerry Device type even though this is an android.
    No support.

Paid a lot, ready for marshmallow and the fixes.

You have a z10?

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-24-16 02:38 AM
135 123 ...