Is there still an audible AT&T boot chime present in the Marshmallow update on the Priv?

I hope it's been fixed, as it's egregiously obnoxious at best, potentially embarassing, or even life-threatening at worst.

Users not having control over the sound coming from a handset in the event of an accidental restart, an os crash and restart, or the booting of a phone in a dangerous situation could lead to major consequences for the user.

I hope BlackBerry is reading this, because there is the potential for a major lawsuit should someone be murdered because you couldn't go to bat for your users and silence the ATT chime.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 11:01 AM
    I think you're being a little dramatic. Every device that I've had on AT&T has had the chime on boot up.

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    04-30-16 11:03 AM
    I think you're being a little dramatic. Every device that I've had on AT&T has had the chime on boot up.

Posted via CB10
    Not BB10 or iOS.

Okay, maybe a little dramatic. But why is there a boot chime?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 11:14 AM
    Not BB10 or iOS.

Okay, maybe a little dramatic. But why is there a boot chime?

Posted via CB10
    I read in beta zone ,the chime is gone on MM
    04-30-16 11:41 AM
    Is there still an audible AT&T boot chime present in the Marshmallow update on the Priv?

I hope it's been fixed, as it's egregiously obnoxious at best, potentially embarassing, or even life-threatening at worst.

Users not having control over the sound coming from a handset in the event of an accidental restart, an os crash and restart, or the booting of a phone in a dangerous situation could lead to major consequences for the user.

I hope BlackBerry is reading this, because there is the potential for a major lawsuit should someone be murdered because you couldn't go to bat for your users and silence the ATT chime.

Posted via CB10
    So you only hear the chime on boot up??? So that's how many times ? Once a month or longer? #firstworldproblems

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App
    04-30-16 12:16 PM
    Chime is gone on shopblackberry unlocked Priv and AT&T sim. Can't speak for Privs purchased from AT&T
    04-30-16 12:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    But it is still a valid point. You are hiding from burglars or miscreants and your phone accidentally reboots, chimes and gives away your location. This is, of course, a rare scenario but to a company focused on security/privacy, it should be an important detail.

You don't become #1 security by skipping out on details; you pay attention to minutes of details. That's what BlackBerry says it self - we don't do just encryption, we secure every link, every layer. Because you are only as secure as your weakest link.
    deadcowboy likes this.
    04-30-16 12:55 PM
    The chime is not present on my Amazon purchased Priv with MM with ATT sim. It was there with the original OS

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-30-16 12:59 PM
    The chime is not present on my Amazon purchased Priv with MM with ATT sim. It was there with the original OS

thanks for this, this is great

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 01:24 PM
    But it is still a valid point. You are hiding from burglars or miscreants and your phone accidentally reboots, chimes and gives away your location. This is, of course, a rare scenario but to a company focused on security/privacy, it should be an important detail.

You don't become #1 security by skipping out on details; you pay attention to minutes of details. That's what BlackBerry says it self - we don't do just encryption, we secure every link, every layer. Because you are only as secure as your weakest link.
    Hahaha. You have better odds being killed by a infectious smurf than your phone giving away your location to bad guys

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    04-30-16 05:04 PM

Never had an Android device auto-reboot unless you install a system update. Once the OS is up and running if something happens on the system level that corrupts then it just locks it doesn't failsafe and reboot. Maybe your mythical scenario has a XDA type how likes to issue ADB commands in his closet while hiding from the bad boys.

250M to 1 Chance of Dieing from a Falling Coconut

Whats your plan to avoid death by coconut!
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    04-30-16 07:20 PM

Got a tinfoil hat as well??

05-01-16 05:16 PM
    Got a tinfoil hat as well??

It's about being in control of your UX. Period. And it's not a leap to imagine that one of the billions(?) of Android users might find themselves in a situation where a boot chime could cause real problems for the user.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-01-16 06:11 PM