Hello,
    I bought a Priv for a blind person, coming from a Classic, and I was finding a way to assign the media button to the assistant.

It doesn't seem to be possible, but there must be a way.

The current implementation is idiotic and is not suitable for use for the people who need it most (and the whole OS is more and more stupid every minute I spend on it, and don't let me start on TalkBack, looks like none ever tested it).

Also it doesn't seem possible to start a message and then type it instead of dictate it. Is it right?
    12-17-16 11:06 AM
    By Media button you mean the Mute button? The one between Vol up and Vol down? You can assign it to any app or shortcut with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uttonsremapper

I'm not sure about what you mean regarding a message... Why can't you type it?
    Sorry, I'm not really acquainted with using tools for blind people so I might be missing your point.
    12-17-16 11:57 AM
    Basically on a decent OS (BB10) you can say "Send message to Mom" then it replies "What do you want to send?".
    At this point, you can both dictate the message or use the keyboard to write it and send it.

Google doesn't let you type the message (or giving audio feedback besides that little "pling").
    12-17-16 12:03 PM
    Basically on a decent OS (BB10) you can say "Send message to Mom" then it replies "What do you want to send?".
    At this point, you can both dictate the message or use the keyboard to write it and send it.

Google doesn't let you do type the message (or giving audio feedback besides that little "pling").
    I see... Have you maybe tried some apps dedicated for blind people like this? Smartphone Android apps for blind people | Georgiephone
    I'm sure there are other ones, but you might have to do some research.
    12-17-16 12:10 PM
    Thanks, but it's no use because it has to be in Italian, and also be able to interact with other software such BBM and Whatsapp.
    At the moment I was thinking about Cortana, it can be assigned to a button and maybe there is a way to assign it to the mute button.
    12-17-16 12:20 PM
    Thanks, but it's no use because it has to be in Italian, and also be able to interact with other software such BBM and Whatsapp.
    At the moment I was thinking about Cortana, it can be assigned to a button and maybe there is a way to assign it to the mute button.
    Cortana is not available in my country (Croatia), says Play Store; so I really can't help you more. But with the Buttons Remapper app I linked above you can assign any app shortcut to the Mute button. For instance, I have BBM on a short press, and Phone app on long press.

Anyway, good luck!
    12-17-16 12:27 PM