BlackBerry Priv review: Android fixes the OS, but the hardware can?t compete | Ars Technica

I wonder if they got a bad unit because I have not read a review anywhere that is this negative. The review really did not even address what makes the Priv unique in the android world , well besides the keyboard, hardware encrypted boot and a hardened kernel . I normally really enjoy Ron Amedeo's articles but this felt and read like a hit piece. Amedeo had an axe to grind and chose to do that instead of objective journalism .
    11-14-15 09:29 AM
    There is another thread where this was mentioned.
    11-14-15 09:35 AM
    BlackBerry Priv review: Android fixes the OS, but the hardware can?t compete | Ars Technica

I wonder if they got a bad unit because I have not read a review anywhere that is this negative. The review really did not even address what makes the Priv unique in the android world , well besides the keyboard, hardware encrypted boot and a hardened kernel . I normally really enjoy Ron Amedeo's articles but this felt and read like a hit piece. Amedeo had an axe to grind and chose to do that instead of objective journalism .
    I agree with 2 things in this article. The keyboard and the price. With an unusable keyboard I can't justify pricing this more than 400 dollars. But I found the rest of the phone pretty great. Too bad the main thing I wanted was a slide out keyboard on par with the Torch or even better would have been a 9900.

That's why my first Android probably won't be a Priv unless the price drops dramatically so I can compare it to a phone with no keyboard.

Being that the Q5 which should be a 99 dollar phone by now is still being sold for 250 or more I won't hold my breath for have Priv to come down to realty.

I would have gladly paid 700 for a Priv with a real BlackBerry keyboard.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    kertong likes this.
    11-14-15 09:37 AM

Old news. Again. Amateur reviewers. People lo
    Iike this writer CAN'T get real jobs at companies like Gartner, Forrester, IDC, Companies that hire highly educated writer and researchers that are objective.
    98% of people buying Priv won't read this amateur online and blogger crap. (Good or bad)

Posted from my Priv!
    11-14-15 09:38 AM
    Old news. Again. Amateur reviewers. People lo
    Iike this writer CAN'T get real jobs at companies like Gartner, Forrester, IDC, Companies that hire highly educated writer and researchers that are objective.
    98% of people buying Priv won't read this amateur online and blogger crap. (Good or bad)

Posted from my Priv!
    The article was posted on the 12th how is it old news ?
    11-14-15 09:53 AM
    I agree with 2 things in this article. The keyboard and the price. With an unusable keyboard I can't justify pricing this more than 400 dollars. But I found the rest of the phone pretty great. Too bad the main thing I wanted was a slide out keyboard on par with the Torch or even better would have been a 9900.

That's why my first Android probably won't be a Priv unless the price drops dramatically so I can compare it to a phone with no keyboard.

Being that the Q5 which should be a 99 dollar phone by now is still being sold for 250 or more I won't hold my breath for have Priv to come down to realty.

I would have gladly paid 700 for a Priv with a real BlackBerry keyboard.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    You obviously have never tried a passport.
    I'm sure the priv has a better keyboard than the torch
    You need to get used to it. Just like I had to get used to the passport.
    nomi1978 likes this.
    11-14-15 10:21 AM