This is a BlackBerry fan site, not an Android fan site.
    This is a BlackBerry fan site, not a BB10 fan site.
    11-06-15 10:44 PM
    ^the truth some people don't want to hear.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    11-07-15 01:44 AM
    ^the truth some people don't want to hear.
    Ner Ner Ner, hypervisor dual boot tools not toys microkernel productivity get off my lawn
    11-07-15 01:45 AM
    Ner Ner Ner, hypervisor dual boot tools not toys microkernel productivity get off my lawn
    Don't forget...
    "Better Android than Android."

*C5303
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-07-15 05:56 AM
    As of now, most of the reviews I've seen for the Priv were positive and mostly fair about the good and the bad. But not Gizmodo. Apparently, they believe that everything about this phone is to despise. It isn't fair, and really too harsh. Not only that, but they've omitted numerous pertinent points about the Priv. Is there anything that we could do? If you haven't already read what they dare call a review, go ahead. I'd also like to know what you think!

BlackBerry Priv Review: Nope, Not For Me?Not Even For My Worst Enemy
    11-07-15 07:28 AM
    As of now, most of the reviews I've seen for the Priv were positive and mostly fair about the good and the bad. But not Gizmodo. Apparently, they believe that everything about this phone is to despise. It isn't fair, and really too harsh. Not only that, but they've omitted numerous pertinent points about the Priv. Is there anything that we could do? If you haven't already read what they dare call a review, go ahead. I'd also like to know what you think!

BlackBerry Priv Review: Nope, Not For Me?Not Even For My Worst Enemy
    What filth did i just read why is that site even credible or operational .... Gizmodo i never liked and honestly i would write code to wipe their severs and shut them down for good. That was not a review just Hate for blackberry ..... even the websites design sucks ... i would ignore them honestly.
    11-07-15 07:57 AM
    Yep i suspect that review was faked ... i hope blackberry sue's them for defamation .... that site is garbage there are some things that should not exist on the internet Gizmodo is one if you have to fake a review something is wrong.
    11-07-15 08:01 AM
    H
    Gizmodo is a joke. I finally unsubscribed from their RSS feed in Feedly. I was disappointed in the Ars review as Ars is a great site. While they stated a full review on a retail unit is forthcoming, I don't like that they made such a click-bait headline.
    "...[currently] not a very good phone" is considered a click bait headline? How much more understated can it be? As soon as I saw it was by Ars UK I totally understood the wording. It's blunt, without weasel words, but not particularly inflammatory.

The Gizmodo one is not good, for sure. Very unprofessional.
    11-07-15 08:31 AM
    The Gizmodo guy should be ashamed of himself. That is the worst review I've read in quite some time. The amt of bias alone was staggering!

Posted via CB10
    This comment could be applied to pretty much any Gizmodo review and still be accurate.
    11-07-15 11:16 AM
    H

"...[currently] not a very good phone" is considered a click bait headline? How much more understated can it be? As soon as I saw it was by Ars UK I totally understood the wording. It's blunt, without weasel words, but not particularly inflammatory.

The Gizmodo one is not good, for sure. Very unprofessional.
    Saying it's not a good phone is a strong statement, especially when contrasted with reviews to the contrary. Maybe his unit was defective?
    If a preliminary article was even necessary, maybe the title should indicate it was a review unit and it had some major problems. His statement makes it appear that all Privs are bad phones (currently). Indicating it's half-baked and to avoid. Looking at the comments, you see many people already writing the device off. Ars has a lot of influence, and it's a site I highly respect. It just seemed that the title was harsher than the article, so a softer title would have been better.
    11-07-15 01:01 PM
    Yeah, crappy reviews, but to be fair...BlackBerry really should have used USB type-C. I'm on the fence about D-Tek's usefulness. But most of all, according to the N4BB review, the power button is loose and not easy to press.

What is wrong with BlackBerry? All of my Passports have had the same ****ty volume rocker buttons. They are all loose and jangly. Not satisfying. But the Q10, Z10, and the Z30 had the best volume rocker in the industry. The redesigned volume rocker is garbage, and I'm sad to see the same design is again present in the Priv (and with the exact same issues as before).

Posted via CB10
    Disagree on both points, and I own and use a Passport as my daily (as my Priv is not here yet.)

USB-C sounds great but reality is something else. When it's widely available everywhere and cables are $3 if you need one at WalMart I'll agree, but that's a year or two away. It's like what Apple did to people with the Lightning connector -- as of right now USB-C is the same deal; effectively proprietary, but unlike Lightning the problem will resolve itself over time.

What value does a high-rate USB connection have to you? High-rate CHARGE works already with QC2.0, and there's wireless as well. How many SD cards can sustain 50 Megabyte/sec transfer rates -- which is what USB 2.0 provides? On read, some. On write? Basically zero. So where's the benefit obtained for giving up the ability to charge literally anywhere by buying a cheap cable or borrowing one should the need arise?

As for the rocker buttons I have no complaints with the ones on my Passport, and I owned a Z10 before it.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    11-07-15 01:12 PM
    The idea that currently in Apple's headquarters they are plotting the downfall of BBRY because of fear is laughable - they fought and won that battle with the release of the first iphone.
    And your way of thinking is what got BlackBerry where it is today! Apple won't stay on top forever! No one does.
    11-08-15 05:24 PM
    And your way of thinking is what got BlackBerry where it is today! Apple won't stay on top forever! No one does.
    Of course nobody stays on top forever - it's the wrong question - the right one is "will apple fall in the near future as to make a difference to the success of the Priv?" - no. Is BBRY really competing with Apple? No - it's competing against other Android OEMs. Will BBRY come back? Well nobody has ever managed in mobile.
    11-09-15 12:35 AM
    11-12-15 07:19 AM
    These days, I can't tell if the reviewers are just running with defected hardware, old software, or if they actually have merit. I usually trust Ars but this review just doesn't add up or even come close to being similar to most of the other reviews... Other than the soft back complaint, anyway.
    11-12-15 08:46 AM
    I am sorry, but that is not a review but a pure hate piece against Blackberry. I do not know what this "reviewer"'s problem with Blackberry is, but that was an awful piece of nonesense.
    david7saad likes this.
    11-12-15 09:08 AM
    I am sorry, but that is not a review but a pure hate piece against Blackberry. I do not know what this "reviewer"'s problem with Blackberry is, but that was an awful piece of nonesense.
    Ars is not Gizmodo. I'm leaning towards they got a lemon.
    11-12-15 09:24 AM
    Yes ars is usually my go to site. I was wavering btw priv and passport, but I must say I definitely agree with them on the problem of the screens bottom lip getting in the way of the keyboard. I may ha e to pickup a passport. Only $100 from att...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 12:25 PM
118 ... 345