Jizz-Modo really exposed itself...

Don't care if they would recommend the phone or not, but the vitriol only means they are feeling anxious about this device being a real threat to their biases.

Previously, Blackberry devices would not get their dander up, so it's a good sign IMO.
    11-06-15 01:25 PM
    The best review is going to be my own experience with using it! These reviews to me are like movie critics. Most of what the critics don't like are things that I love about movies. I pay no mind to most reviews and draw my own conclusions. As a matter of fact, I see many of them as nothing more then comic relief. I will still own this phone no matter what people say about it
    I never bother with reviews. I don't need other peoples opinion. The Priv is not on my radar, but it has nothing to do with some idiotic review. When did people stop thinking for themselves?
    11-06-15 01:54 PM
    Just left an at&t store. I asked to see the new BlackBerry Priv(totally different store/city than last time). I got the deer in the headlights stare. He left and came back empty-handed. I had a few questions: So, you have no Priv devices in the store? No answer. If so, do you want me to help you set up the device like I did at another store for the Z10 a few years ago? More tranced.....twilight-zone stares. Of course, the manager was too busy to come out of his office to answer my questions. The assistant was ready for me to go. So, don't worry about the reviews. LOL. In some areas, At&t is still in the "it's just another BlackBerry" mode. I'll wait until the device gets the M OS update, then try one before I make a decision.
    11-06-15 02:07 PM
    Crackberrians are ao fickle. If any of these websites gave a positive review, praises would have been sung. They give one neutral or negative review, suddenly they're paid shills for Apple, they're amateurs who have no idea how a phone should be reviewed or it's a global conspiracy against BlackBerry
    11-06-15 02:15 PM
    Well, no, because a reviewer is supposed to understand, for example, that some people, try as they might, just can't get used to typing on glass and might want a physical keyboard, and the reviewer should be able to say "compared to other physical keyboards I've used, this one is (good / bad) and if you're keen on a device with a PKB, it compares (well / poorly) to the BlackBerry Classic". That's not objective, that's subjective, but such a statement also considers use cases that SHOULD be in the realm of the reviewer's experience, but possibly outside the reviewers limited (or very limited, as in the Gizmodo reviewer's case) own desires.
    You can say that someone is objectively handsome or pretty, but that you're personally not attracted to him/her. What's the difference?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:33 PM
    Crackberrians are ao fickle. If any of these websites gave a positive review, praises would have been sung. They give one neutral or negative review, suddenly they're paid shills for Apple, they're amateurs who have no idea how a phone should be reviewed or it's a global conspiracy against BlackBerry
    Gawker-etc. is still a stain on the Internet, regardless what cosmic dice rolls would end up with a positive review for the Priv from them.

Or at least the American branch, Gizmodo UK put out an actual review instead of this used toilet paper.
    Superfly_FR and La Emperor like this.
    11-06-15 02:34 PM
    I'm not. DTEK's passive monitoring is almost completely useless, especially with Android 6's permissions controls (which the Priv does not have, since it's on Android 5.1.1).
    Then D-tek might be useful once M is released for the Priv. I'm not so worried anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:34 PM
    Because it's at significant expense of proper BlackBerry phones. BlackBerry designed it, someone else built it and they installed someone else's OS.
    I'll give you OS, but BlackBerry doesn't build their BB10 phones either.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:51 PM
    Wallstreet Journal, CNN, and AndroidCentral both love it...I'd take those sources opinions over Ars or Endgadget.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    Neither Wallstreet Journal nor CNN specialize in tech reviews and AndroidCentral is another MobileNations site and just fan service much like Crackberry.

MobileNations reporting has traditionally probably been some of the most slanted tech reporting anywhere on the internet and its hilarious because one of their sites will be bashing iPhone and then their sister site will be bashing Android.

I'm not that familiar with GizModo; but, I respect Ars Technica. Their reviews are fairly in depth (compared to say TheVerge) and they have a good reputation.
    11-06-15 02:58 PM
    BlackBerry: warm up the BlackBerry Fact Check writer...

Posted via CB10
    tufcustomer likes this.
    11-06-15 03:30 PM
    Then D-tek might be useful once M is released for the Priv. I'm not so worried anymore.

Posted via CB10
    His point is that it's useless now. It only passively states what it thinks is "secure". Go and install Instagram and BAM!, there goes the needle in the other direction. What you really want is individual app permissions (ala BB10), not some useless threat assessment.
    11-06-15 03:35 PM
    The best review is your own! I read @Bla1ze's review and he said it perfectly. After I got my hands on the Priv understood more of his review. Just think if Blackberry does well with this device, all the bad reviews will begin to loose credibility! I've seen some features on Android way before iOS had them. The only thing I can say is Apple makes great hardware and now Samsung followed suit. Better yet, so did Blackberry!!! The Priv feels solid in your hands. After using the Priv, my Z10 felt weird. Setting it up was simple. I think after using it for a week, you start to get the real feel of this phone.
    11-06-15 03:53 PM
    Gizmodo is a joke. I finally unsubscribed from their RSS feed in Feedly. I was disappointed in the Ars review as Ars is a great site. While they stated a full review on a retail unit is forthcoming, I don't like that they made such a click-bait headline.

I've yet to read all the reviews, including CrackBerry's, but The Register's was good. It seems many "reviews" these days are so basic. They don't go into any details and you wonder if they even really had the device in the first place. It usually just reinforces their preconceived notions. I don't mind positive bias, because people that like something are more willing to point out things that I might like. But negative bias generally discounts things or don't even acknowledge them. They try to convince you something is junk when it might very well be the perfect device for you. Stating things that don't go well or could be better is fine, but I don't like how they try to make that the most important thing without any consideration that people have different needs and wants and might value features differently.
    11-06-15 04:39 PM
    Saw the article last night. Did not read beyond the 1st paragraph where he stated the display was 5.6".
    11-06-15 05:42 PM
    If you want stellar battery life on android you want the Z3 or z5 compact with their smaller 4.7" 720p screen - its the only way to do it...
    Or even 1080p which I think even the newest iPhone has. The Quad HD screen thing on Android seems silly.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    11-06-15 05:48 PM
    Saw the article last night. Did not read beyond the 1st paragraph where he stated the display was 5.6".
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 05:52 PM
    I can only speak for me...this is very subjective. I went to the ATT store to see and play with the Priv...I apologized to my 3 month old Z30. With the reviews and my own hands experience I could not in good conscience pay full retail for it. The Z30 looks and feel more premium then the Priv. I picked it up and jumped around the interface and the battery percentage dropped 3 % and less than 5 minutes. A lady at my job has an S6 Edge and she is constantly charging her phone. I heard people making excuses saying the Priv is new give it time and the battery life will get better. I brought my Z30 new and first charge it went two days!!!! The Priv camera is average at best especially in low light conditions. First time using phsical key board...my finger must be too thick because it was not comfortable at all. Maybe I need to get use to it. I am grateful for the Z30...TOOK IT FOR GRANTED. Unless BB comes out with another BB10 phone or a much better Android I will pick up the Windows 950 or there rumored Surface phone in 2016. If you have the Priv and like it...enjoy, I am happy for you...just not a good fit for me. Peace
    11-06-15 05:57 PM
    ...or there rumored Surface phone in 2016. If you have the Priv and like it...enjoy, I am happy for you...just not a good fit for me. Peace
    Surface phone? That sounds interesting, care to share a link to said rumour?

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    11-06-15 06:12 PM
    Surface phone? That sounds interesting, care to share a link to said rumour?

Posted via CB10
    Windows Central website...I had a Windows 925 Phone. It was very good. There cameras are awesome.
    11-06-15 06:28 PM
    Or even 1080p which I think even the newest iPhone has. The Quad HD screen thing on Android seems silly.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Yep the quad HD is 'wowware' - I only got a lg g4 because it cost me no more than a moto x and because of the different I pack a spare battery
    11-06-15 06:33 PM
    Over on Android Central they're saying the Gizmodo review might be faked.
    GIZMODO Review is rumored to be fake!!! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    11-06-15 06:54 PM
    Seems to be a bunch of these types of inconsistencies. It's weird.
    The networks these are being used under will directly influence these results more than anything. Have to think issues like these are what's causing the inconsistencies in the reviews.
    11-06-15 08:11 PM
    Saw that...and also stopped reading. If you can't even get the finite specs right, then you don't get a half scroll past the next sentence from me.
    jmaxim917 likes this.
    11-06-15 08:12 PM
    Gizmodo: "Whereas many manufacturers have made the switch to a USB-C charging port�with its super fast advantages�BlackBerry�s still trapped in the past with a microUSB. The past. Kind of a recurring theme, huh?"

Um, what manufacturers have switched to USB-C? Samsung? No. LG? No. Apple? No.

Morons.
    The guy is a prick with ears. The common standard for charging is micro-USB, and here in Europe it's a LEGALLY MANDATED standard.
    11-06-15 08:21 PM
    That review was just plain awful.

The lag on the phone is just glanced over as �it�s not as zippy as other phones�
    The battery life is just glanced over without any specifications stated or any real thought put into other than �when I used it a bunch it died� in comparison to far more extensive reviews on this site
    The keyboard is meant to have a tactile feel
    The hub is great but, it�s not because anxiety issues(?)
    DTEX might work or might not (you�re not sure but you also seem to not care. you just wanted �another layer� without talking about what that layer might be)
    The keyboard isn�t useful to you
    The price is similar to most phones on the market and even then, most people don�t buy off contract
    And the Nexus isn�t even a contender with what this phone was trying to accomplish.

Look I don�t know if the phone is good or not but, this review told me nothing more than the fact that you do not like physical keyboards on a phone, BB�s hub triggers some hidden neurological disorder you have, and that you just want everyone to buy a Nexus. Everything else discussed was sort of a �meh it did it but I didn�t like it� without even a hint at an alternative or comparison.
    Look I get it. BB is dead. All hail Google. They�re the better because reasons. I got it. Try not to spend that check Google sent you all in one place.
    11-06-15 08:40 PM
118 ... 2345