Just read the review from the Register: in my opinion a fair and balanced review and if you compare just the length of the text to the piece of sh.. from Gizmondo you see who did a real review and who just cashed in his Apple bribery to bash Blackberry:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11...review/?page=4

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:59 AM
    Most of bad focus on camera and battery. Camera doesn't surprise me much but battery does.
    11-06-15 01:01 AM
    So heavy usage from 8 am to 10 pm scares you? I am totally happy with this performance

Posted via CB10
    SarajevoCool likes this.
    11-06-15 01:08 AM
    I'm not surprised at the negative reviews.

Android is still about as irritating to use as it was back in the Honeybread ginger-whatever days and BlackBerry's layering of the Hub and other "BB10 esq" over top just makes a fragmented experience even worse.

Folks, if you want a BlackBerry, buy a BlackBerry. If you want an Android, stick your hand in a blender. Both are equally painful and messy.
    NtotheK, lift, JulesDB and 2 others like this.
    11-06-15 01:24 AM
    There will be haters......
    11-06-15 01:25 AM
    There will be haters......
    This is a BlackBerry fan site, not an Android fan site.
    JulesDB, anon9347040 and lift like this.
    11-06-15 01:27 AM
    I just read the review from Gizmodo, it's freaking BS. That guy should be fired for doing such over the top biased review. I see no comments to the reviews, I don't know if it's because that site is less popular, but I think we should just start commenting on his impotence to review a phone. The site should be banned ffs, am having a high BP lol .

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:57 AM
    But over the top bias is what Gizmodo does? Why would they fire him?
    11-06-15 04:17 AM
    Reviews are not supposed to be biased?! The way he wrote the review, I feel he should never work in a post to review something . Common, he's misleading and swaying away a lot of potential BlackBerry customers!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:26 AM
    Correct - it's what the site is about.

Funny, I always thought the bottom of the pile was Sam Gibbs. His articles scraped the barrel to the extent that there was no longer a barrel to scrape. And yet it seems that he has moved onto bigger and better things. Since 50% of Crackberry posters have a better grasp of written English, perhaps we should be looking for careers in tech journalism?
    j21jam6 likes this.
    11-06-15 04:30 AM
    cnets review on priv is nice
    11-06-15 04:31 AM
    Reviews are not supposed to be biased?! The way he wrote the review, I feel he should never work in a post to review something . Common, he's misleading and swaying away a lot of potential BlackBerry customers!

Posted via CB10
    They're not SUPPOSED to be biased. But that is not the world we live in, unfortunately.
    11-06-15 04:32 AM
    Maybe BB has a hit on its hand... or at least from an Apple perspective.... usually these sites are indifferent to BB product releases... odd they would have the knives out so quickly and so negative for a a BB device... should not be surprised that the usual Apple click bait sites are knocking it... but this seems a bit excessive.....
    Lets come back to Reality - BBRY isn't competing with Apple or even on the radar - you need to beat ZTE, Huawui, HTC, Sony so on before you even get in the conversation.

The idea that currently in Apple's headquarters they are plotting the downfall of BBRY because of fear is laughable - they fought and won that battle with the release of the first iphone.

Most of bad focus on camera and battery. Camera doesn't surprise me much but battery does.
    Of all the things BBRY can be slammed on - the battery isn't one of them - simply because there is no way with that screen and that processor you are not going to be reaching for the charger - that is pretty the same for all android OEMs. If you want stellar battery life on android you want the Z3 or z5 compact with their smaller 4.7" 720p screen - its the only way to do it...
    TGR1 and LuvULongTime like this.
    11-06-15 05:29 AM
    Correct - it's what the site is about.

Funny, I always thought the bottom of the pile was Sam Gibbs. His articles scraped the barrel to the extent that there was no longer a barrel to scrape. And yet it seems that he has moved onto bigger and better things. Since 50% of Crackberry posters have a better grasp of written English, perhaps we should be looking for careers in tech journalism?
    Sad thing is, since the advent of Web 2.0, any high school dropout with a phone camera and knows how to type in front of a screen is considered "media". Worst part is the mass public doesn't seem to know how to form their own opinion anymore and just listen to "reviews".
    11-06-15 05:37 AM
    Ars said they will put up a review soon, this was more of a hands on preview.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:39 AM
    Ars said they will put up a review soon, this was more of a hands on preview.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, however the writing is clearly on the wall...

Sounds as though their review device has some build issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:42 AM
    This is a BlackBerry fan site, not an Android fan site.
    The Priv is also made by BlackBerry, what's your point?

Posted via CB10
    pat bis likes this.
    11-06-15 06:58 AM
    Lets come back to Reality - BBRY isn't competing with Apple or even on the radar - you need to beat ZTE, Huawui, HTC, Sony so on before you even get in the conversation.

The idea that currently in Apple's headquarters they are plotting the downfall of BBRY because of fear is laughable - they fought and won that battle with the release of the first iphone.

Of all the things BBRY can be slammed on - the battery isn't one of them - simply because there is no way with that screen and that processor you are not going to be reaching for the charger - that is pretty the same for all android OEMs. If you want stellar battery life on android you want the Z3 or z5 compact with their smaller 4.7" 720p screen - its the only way to do it...
    Apple does not care for Blackberry due to its marketshare, they want Blackberry going out of business to grab the governmental and business market completely. I am really eager to see how the investigations against Apple due to possible unfair business practice in Canada turns out. I hope they get fined paying damage to Blackberry
    11-06-15 07:16 AM
    11-06-15 07:23 AM
    Apple does not care for Blackberry due to its marketshare, they want Blackberry going out of business to grab the governmental and business market completely. I am really eager to see how the investigations against Apple due to possible unfair business practice in Canada turns out. I hope they get fined paying damage to Blackberry
    Here's the thing - they already won that battle as well, then and the other android OEMs - Apple isn't really bothered who is doing the MDM stuff but in terms of hardware, BBRY's current enterprise penetration is near zero. The idea that BBRY is the professional device of choice is also a nice myth for the company to pump but it's a myth. that's the whole point of the priv - to at least allow them to be part of the conversation.
    11-06-15 07:23 AM
    The only reviews I will respect will be from the professionals that are objective from companies like IDC, Forrester, Gartner.
    Do you think a CIO buys software or hardware based on a magazine, blog review? No and nor should any of you. Go test it yourself and talk to others that have it.
    Apple fan boys, Android fan boys and BlackBerry fan boys. If you are a writer and use a certain phone you will always justify why you chose that phone in your articles. These guys are amateurs and would never be a professional analyst at one of the companies listed above.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    CranksterBB10 likes this.
    11-06-15 07:41 AM
    So much hate.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-06-15 07:50 AM
    Three bad reviews vs glowing or positive by every other outlet is a win In my view. Most people who are interested in this device will look at several different reviews not just the three sighted here. By and large this phone is a Hit. I'm blown away and encouraged by what I've seen and read so far.

Who cares if some reviewers are seemingly biased or genuinely don't like it. That doesn't outweigh All of the positive reviews. BlackBerry has a monster hit on its hands.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    11-06-15 08:07 AM
    Wallstreet Journal, CNN, and AndroidCentral both love it...I'd take those sources opinions over Ars or Endgadget.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    Last edited by -Puck-; 11-06-15 at 11:08 AM.
    11-06-15 08:08 AM
    The Priv is also made by BlackBerry, what's your point?
    Because it's at significant expense of proper BlackBerry phones. BlackBerry designed it, someone else built it and they installed someone else's OS.
    JulesDB, mister2d and anon9347040 like this.
    11-06-15 10:26 AM
118 1234 ...