BlackBerry Priv Review: Nope, Not For Me?Not Even For My Worst Enemy

I wouldn�t [buy it], for myself, my friends, or even my worst enemy. I suppose there is a kind of person who might want a flagship quality phone that has a keyboard, even if the keyboard isn�t totally useful. Some people might feel more comfortable with a dumbed down security app that�s not doing much.

But there�s nobody who wants to pay top dollar when there�s a cheaper option that�s much, much, much better. Get the Nexus 6P instead.
    Blackberry Priv early impressions: This is (currently) not a very good phone | Ars Technica UK

This is (currently) not a very good phone. Poor camera, battery life, and build: Welcome to Blackberry's first Android phone.... For what is an expensive device, the Priv needs to do better. As cheap smartphones get good, and good smartphones get cheap, anyone launching a device at the top end of the market needs to do something special to warrant the price. That's especially true for the Priv, which bears the weight of expectation of a million Blackberry fanboys and an increasingly agitated group of shareholders. Unfortunately for Blackberry, I don't think the Priv is the saviour it so desperately needs.
    11-05-15 11:32 PM
    Ugh, more from Cancer Gawker Media...

Edit:

Archive links, bruh:

https://archive.is/tTFL7

https://archive.is/DhCSm
    Last edited by thurask; 11-05-15 at 11:48 PM.
    11-05-15 11:36 PM
    Their a bunch of cheapos, who are primarily fixed on price. Quality ain't good because it's too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Theicecreamman and Mr4aces like this.
    11-05-15 11:37 PM
    And former Verge EiC Joshua Topolsky weighs in with this most thoughtful comment:

https://twitter.com/joshuatopolsky/s...04876828721152
    Theicecreamman likes this.
    11-05-15 11:43 PM
    And here comes the reviews that are influenced by Apple . The reviewers of those sites are like kids living under their mom's skirts. Feel sorry for them. Their integrity, if they have some affected by money. What a shame.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 11:44 PM
    Gizmodo: "Whereas many manufacturers have made the switch to a USB-C charging port—with its super fast advantages—BlackBerry’s still trapped in the past with a microUSB. The past. Kind of a recurring theme, huh?"

Um, what manufacturers have switched to USB-C? Samsung? No. LG? No. Apple? No.

Morons.
    11-05-15 11:56 PM
    Gizmodo: "Whereas many manufacturers have made the switch to a USB-C charging port�with its super fast advantages�BlackBerry�s still trapped in the past with a microUSB. The past. Kind of a recurring theme, huh?"

Um, what manufacturers have switched to USB-C? Samsung? No. LG? No. Apple? No.

Morons.
    I really hope the Priv makes a killing for BlackBerry. Tired of biased propaganda. I'm not saying to give the Priv all praise, but be fair. BlackBerry could have released with a Snapdragon 820, and they'd be bitxhin about how it's unstable and they should have stuck with the tru and tested 810.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:01 AM
    Maybe BB has a hit on its hand... or at least from an Apple perspective.... usually these sites are indifferent to BB product releases... odd they would have the knives out so quickly and so negative for a a BB device... should not be surprised that the usual Apple click bait sites are knocking it... but this seems a bit excessive.....
    11-06-15 12:01 AM
    The Gizmodo guy should be ashamed of himself. That is the worst review I've read in quite some time. The amt of bias alone was staggering!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:02 AM
    And former Verge EiC Joshua Topolsky weighs in with this most thoughtful comment:

https://twitter.com/joshuatopolsky/s...04876828721152
    Man, was really expecting more from Josh.

Anyways, hope the Priv sells well.
    11-06-15 12:04 AM
    The Gizmodo guy should be ashamed of himself. That is the worst review I've read in quite some time. The amt of bias alone was staggering!

Posted via CB10
    It's Gizmodo, they have no shame.
    11-06-15 12:08 AM
    Wait until BGR is allowed to review it.
    andy957 likes this.
    The best review is going to be my own experience with using it! These reviews to me are like movie critics. Most of what the critics don't like are things that I love about movies. I pay no mind to most reviews and draw my own conclusions. As a matter of fact, I see many of them as nothing more then comic relief. I will still own this phone no matter what people say about it

Let's follow this guy and show him some blackberry love with our comments

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:09 AM

I honestly believe they do stuff like that to get a rise out of the BB faithful. Works every time.

I'm willing to bet that this community will do more to disseminate the "biased" reviews than the writers do themselves.
    11-06-15 12:10 AM
    Or The Verge.
    11-06-15 12:11 AM
    They did. They wrote a piece about Tizen overtaking BlackBerry market share LOL. Typical BGR.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    11-06-15 12:15 AM
    Let's follow this guy and show him some blackberry love with our comments

Posted via CB10
    I'm just disappointed in Joshua since he use to own a palm treo before jumping ship to the first iPhone. When windows phoned were first being announced he took a liking to the dell venue pro (another slider phone) so I had hoped Joshua would have released an actual review for the Priv rather than mocking it.

No matter.. Hopefully my Priv ships soon.
    11-06-15 12:25 AM
    Interesting comments
    11-06-15 12:28 AM
    Ars says battery is poor.

Mashable says battery is "stellar".

Assuming it's due to one of the Ars author having a pre-production model/different methodology/one of the authors being a knob.
    11-06-15 12:29 AM
    Sadly they know they can do this and get away with it. Other sites particularly android specific should stand up and call them out for what this blatantly is. Not surprising though

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:32 AM
    The gizmodo review reads like an Onion article....

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-06-15 12:34 AM
    Ars says battery is poor.

Mashable says battery is "stellar".

Assuming it's due to one of the Ars author having a pre-production model/different methodology/one of the authors being a knob.
    Seems to be a bunch of these types of inconsistencies. It's weird.
    11-06-15 12:36 AM
    I've never felt the need to complain about a review but Gizmodo's review is an absolute joke. Criticisms are ridiculous and the use of those extreme headlines is click bait crap. Disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    kertong and spyeagle like this.
    11-06-15 12:44 AM
    The Verge has put up a surprisingly positive mini-review that I did not expect.

https://www.theverge.com/2015/11/6/9...w-slider-phone
    11-06-15 12:46 AM
118 123 ...