This is a BIG slider. Bigger than any slider ever made. A few things come to mind

When the slider open it becomes very difficult to reach the screen with your thumb. I assume the touch keyboard will become important for scrolling. Otherwise maybe a digital trackpad in that area below the screen. Important for those word suggestions. Remember how those slider patents mentioned a touch sensitive strip below the screen.

The phone will still make a great all touch with the blackberry virtual keyboard. I hope as the keyboard mechanism opens the virtual keyboard retracts in sync. Like as is it was being pulled into existence.

I have to assume the weight is at the bottom half and the top half is lighter.

I wonder what happens when the phone is landscape and the slider is pulled out. Will there still be a keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:01 AM
    The touch sensitive keyboard on my passport is nice, but nowhere near as good as a trackpad.. maybe if it had sensitivity options? I dunno, but I find its pretty gimmicky. Constantly overshooting the character in trying to pinpoint, scrolling with it is realistically just an extension of the screen (unless wearing gloves I find no reason to scroll with the keyboard. turning the phone sideways is something I don't do.. maybe if there was a virtual keyboard I'd use the phone sideways, but who browses the web without a keyboard? Lolz)

The trackpad, on the other hand, is a tool. I want a trackpad on the slider - even if that means the trackpad is hidden and only visible when the slider is open. I'm fine with that. They can make flat trackpads. Pretty sure the porche 9900 has one.

But I think the slider should be the time when BlackBerry introduces support for 4:3 screens. I don't think a 16:9 screen is good for a portrait slider, but what do I know lolz

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    03-04-15 12:05 AM
    Sensitive kb and slide will costs too much
    No one will pay 1000$ or so for it

CB10 - Q10
    03-04-15 02:59 AM
    Sensitive kb and slide will costs too much
    No one will pay 1000$ or so for it

CB10 - Q10
    Haha I might

Posted via CB10
    AL8x B likes this.
    03-04-15 07:02 AM
    Haha I might

Posted via CB10
    You will but not everyone!

CB10 - Q10
    03-04-15 07:04 AM
    This is a BIG slider. Bigger than any slider ever made. A few things come to mind

When the slider open it becomes very difficult to reach the screen with your thumb. I assume the touch keyboard will become important for scrolling. Otherwise maybe a digital trackpad in that area below the screen. Important for those word suggestions. Remember how those slider patents mentioned a touch sensitive strip below the screen.

The phone will still make a great all touch with the blackberry virtual keyboard. I hope as the keyboard mechanism opens the virtual keyboard retracts in sync. Like as is it was being pulled into existence.

I have to assume the weight is at the bottom half and the top half is lighter.

I wonder what happens when the phone is landscape and the slider is pulled out. Will there still be a keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    Truly 'titan'ic slider...

... chen it on! :-D

  "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)  
    03-05-15 08:09 PM

When the slider open it becomes very difficult to reach the screen with your thumb.
    This is why it needs both a touch keyboard for scrolling and a trackpad for quick selection/clicking.
    Why stretch to reach the top of the screen when I could just do it easily with a touch kb/trackpad combo.
    03-05-15 08:28 PM
    @spork http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...abled-1004048/ got me replying to both threads lolz

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    03-05-15 08:38 PM