Has anyone been able to change the delete function to archive for Gmail? That is the main reason I have stuck with the official Gmail app for the past year or so.

On the subject of the Hub, can someone explain to a non-blackberry guy the advantages the Hub has over everything else? I want to give all the Blackberry services a fair shot before I disable them and use this like my old android phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 07:27 AM
    Let me first say I am great fan of Blackberry and been using Blackberry for years, so this really is a bitter disappointment.

The Priv Android version of Hub is totally useless and crap. I have many complaints but here are some main ones *I have called the Blackberry Priv support line and they confirmed the following also*

1. You cannot archive Gmail. Only delete. I know it can effectively do the same thing but it should just allow one to archive. The deleted emails on my gmail all get labelled with IMAP/TRASH

2. When you write an email on Hub when offline (like in a flight), if you delete the main thread (the original email), it also deletes and never sends your reply email. I found this out the hard way. After writing hours of email on a long haul flight to Japan, when landing all the emails were not sent. You would think Blackberry could set a simple command to make sure all outbox emails are sent before being deleted.

3. There is no way to recover the deleted outbox emails (the ones mentioned above), and this was confirmed when I called Blackberry.

4. If you click on a message in Whatsapp it just takes you to the app - so pointless. Even worse even BBM messages cannot be replied to in the Hub! It just takes you back to the Hub.

5. After months of frustration I have removed Hub from my home screen and replaced it with Gmail app.
    06-08-16 11:58 PM