Does anyone know if the Priv has apt-X codec for Bluetooth audio streaming? BB10 devices do.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 06:22 AM
    Android M (v6 sooon to come) has native support for aptX. Since it's a codec, I would assume that most devices with a full Marshmallows will get it...

Android M was released on a very small amount of devices last month, so we should see more adoption in months to come.
    11-07-15 10:49 AM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 02:38 PM
    It may well be there. I'll look once I get mine, if nobody pipes up first. While it's native in 6 it is present in a number of earlier release devices.
    11-07-15 02:45 PM
    Lollipop has aptx built-in and so is low latency usb-audio. Which means those usb dac/amps should work. You don't have to wait for Android M.
    11-07-15 03:36 PM
    Lollipop has aptx built-in and so is low latency usb-audio. Which means those usb dac/amps should work. You don't have to wait for Android M.
    Not going to stirr up a big debate,.. but ...

Because of the licensing issues around aptX, from Android M the support is native in the Android, pre-M will vary depending on the vendors own cooked version of Android - if they have licensed it specifically, and made their own drivers to support it.

As far as I have found, from M, the licensing is part of Android, codecs part of Android, and does not require special support from the various manufacturers... unless there are other hardware related issues which require separate licenses and support.

of course I could be wrong, there are not much info about this, other than from M, everything is easier for the vendors since this is already taken care of

so yes.. in "some" Lollipops you will find aptX support, but not as part of the core Android, but rather as added from Samsung, LG or whomever made that device
    11-07-15 03:44 PM
    Not going to stirr up a big debate,.. but ...

Because of the licensing issues around aptX, from Android M the support is native in the Android, pre-M will vary depending on the vendors own cooked version of Android - if they have licensed it specifically, and made their own drivers to support it.

As far as I have found, from M, the licensing is part of Android, codecs part of Android, and does not require special support from the various manufacturers... unless there are other hardware related issues which require separate licenses and support.

of course I could be wrong, there are not much info about this, other than from M, everything is easier for the vendors since this is already taken care of

so yes.. in "some" Lollipops you will find aptX support, but not as part of the core Android, but rather as added from Samsung, LG or whomever made that device
    I didn't know there was a debate.

I'll just say that I was running stock Lollipop on my Nexus tablet. It has AptX.

With the Priv being reported as being very close to vanilla Lollipop (sans hardening), my assumption stands that it still has AptX hooks still baked in.
    11-07-15 09:25 PM
    If the Priv does get aptX support, I'd sure love to know about it. I'm about to resort to my standby Z30 solely for music for this purpose. Oh, well.
    01-03-17 02:17 AM