I'm aware there are some threads that speak on this issue, but I'm having trouble resolving it even with the methods that were successful for others.

Today I attempt to install the April patch on my VZW Priv. (Reluctantly b/c my Priv has been running fantastic.) At some point in the process I got the Android dude on his side with the error message. I restarted the phone which brought me to the bootloader menu that I couldn't escape. Other threads said a hard reset from the error screen saved the day, but I read this after restarting the phone & landed on bootloader menu hell.

I d/led the autoloader, extracted everything & while on the bootloader screen (the only screen I can access) launched the autoloader. Everything seemed golden until within the command prompt, it got to a point where it said:

erasing 'system' ...
    FAILED (command write failed (Invalid argument))
    finished. total time: 0.000s
    <waiting for device>

At this point, my device is stuck on the initial Blackberry logo screen with the Powered By Android at the bottom. It will do absolutely nothing else. This is where it sits now. I've tried to reset it only to return to this screen. I've tried to re-start the autoloader to no avail. I'm dead in the water.

I went to the Blackberry support page prior to running the autoloader & they said my device wasn't recognized as a Blackberry device. I'm at a total loss here. I can't even kill the power, it's stuck on this screen until the battery dies. It is completely unresponsive. Anybody have a suggestion?
    05-23-17 05:34 PM
    It might be a genuine hardware problem. Did you try holding the power button for 32 seconds? My Priv recently almost died (black screen with only LED blinking) but I got it to work again with this: 32 seconds power button (didn't actually seem to do anything, but who knows). Hold Power+Mute (this will boot into a fastboot mode which seems much more stable for me than the Power+Volume Down). Run the autoloader again.

Also, make sure that your USB cable is good and don't touch it during the flash process.

HTH,

Stefan
    05-24-17 01:30 AM
    Did you try and completely rerun the FastBoot Menu again with the Autoloader. And you have the correct Autoloader for your device and carrier?
    05-24-17 08:45 AM
    Thanks for the reply. After quite a few attempts of holding the power & volume down buttons when prompted by the autoloader, it finally landed on the correct screen again. I was able to successfully reload the software.

Now I'm being prompted for the same April update & I'm hesitant, to say the least, to try it again.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-24-17 08:48 AM
    Thanks for the reply. After quite a few attempts of holding the power & volume down buttons when prompted by the autoloader, it finally landed on the correct screen again. I was able to successfully reload the software.

Now I'm being prompted for the same April update & I'm hesitant, to say the least, to try it again.
    I would be reluctant, also. I don't know what Security they fixed but since they did not rush it and it is already a month behind (no MAY), hold off till you relax a bit!!!
    05-24-17 12:22 PM
    Well, like an ***** I decided to try the update again. Exact same result. Landed on the bootloader menu with no escape in sight. Autoloader worked without any snags.

Does anyone know how to remove the update icon from the notification tray? It won't swipe away & I haven't found a way to disable it in Settings.
    Last edited by craig428; 05-24-17 at 09:58 PM.
    05-24-17 08:47 PM
    Well, like an ***** I decided to try the update again. Exact same result. Landed on the bootloader menu with no escape in sight. Autoloader worked without any snags.

Does anyone know how to remove the update icon from the notification tray? It won't swipe away & I haven't found a way to disable it in Settings.
    That is definitely odd. I would think that we would have heard of more such issues. I have to admit I'm pretty good about ignoring Notifications as I forget to check them sometimes for two or three days.

Do you have sufficient memory and space for the update? Although I think you get a warning if there's not enough space. Have you watched the process and seen any indications of what might be happening or where in the process it fails?

I wonder if you tried doing the Update from Safe Mode (if it would even work)???
    05-25-17 12:15 AM
    It's certainly odd. My internal storage is essentially empty, especially after my 2nd attempt when I had already wiped the device.

My first attempt, I watched pretty closely. I ran the update, it rebooted & the android dude was on screen with the blue status bar. I looked over & he was on his side with the red error msg. I rebooted & landed on the bootloader menu.

My 2nd attempt, I ran the update & paid little attention. I took care of some other things & when I returned it was already on the bootloader menu. Not stuck on the Android error screen. I ran the autoloader with no issue.

I'm at a loss & not too troubled with just staying with the March update. It would just be splendid if I could rid my notification tray of the update.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-25-17 07:00 AM
    I finally managed to get the April patch to successfully install. I'm not 100% certain that what I did differently made a huge difference b/c it still took 2 attempts. But for the sake of anyone else that may run into the same problem, I'll explain.

After a 3rd unsuccessful attempt, I ran the autoloader yet again. Instead of updating & reinstalling all of my apps prior to running the update, I went straight for the system update. Gripped by unparalleled determination.

The blue status bar filled all the way up & I thought I had it kicked but lo & behold, error. I rebooted & instead of landing on the bootloader menu the update restarted automatically. On the 2nd attempt it completed successfully.

With that said, I'm never checking for another update. I love my PRIV & will ride it out as is. Not worth the risk & the headache.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-25-17 10:20 PM
    I finally managed to get the April patch to successfully install. I'm not 100% certain that what I did differently made a huge difference b/c it still took 2 attempts. But for the sake of anyone else that may run into the same problem, I'll explain.

After a 3rd unsuccessful attempt, I ran the autoloader yet again. Instead of updating & reinstalling all of my apps prior to running the update, I went straight for the system update. Gripped by unparalleled determination.

The blue status bar filled all the way up & I thought I had it kicked but lo & behold, error. I rebooted & instead of landing on the bootloader menu the update restarted automatically. On the 2nd attempt it completed successfully.

With that said, I'm never checking for another update. I love my PRIV & will ride it out as is. Not worth the risk & the headache.
    Sheer determination.

You do know that the May update was released today!!!!! No kidding. I got it late afternoon.
    05-25-17 11:51 PM
    HA! Yea I woke up this morning to the prompt for the May update. The saga continues.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-26-17 07:02 AM