Still nothing for me. Unlocked shop BlackBerry PRIV in Canada. I used to get these updates immediately when they were release, now for the last few updates they definitely seem to be coming later.
    mbirth likes this.
    04-07-17 01:38 PM
    You spend a fortune to buy a Passport... then it gets killed... you spend a fortune to buy a Priv, and now that they proffer some new toys, what formerly received updates first as a direct purchaser, now is relegated to the late group in favor of their alleged flagships ...customers are treated like trash
    tp0d and sidtek50 like this.
    04-07-17 02:08 PM
    Still nothing for me. Unlocked shop BlackBerry PRIV in Canada. I used to get these updates immediately when they were release, now for the last few updates they definitely seem to be coming later.
    Hopefully this trend doesn't continue as it seems they're just delaying it. then maybe move to every other month then just stop all together.
    04-07-17 02:23 PM
    ...customers are treated like trash
    A bit harsh, no?

It's the April 5 patch level (announced a couple days prior), and it's only the 7th.

BlackBerry has a pretty full plate at the moment. They are putting the finishing touches on KEYone software, rolling out the April patches, and getting Nougat ready for the older devices.
    04-07-17 02:25 PM
    A bit harsh, no?

It's the April 5 patch level (announced a couple days prior), and it's only the 7th.

BlackBerry has a pretty full plate at the moment. They are putting the finishing touches on KEYone software, rolling out the April patches, and getting Nougat ready for the older devices.
    ^ This.
    04-07-17 02:30 PM
    A bit harsh, no?

Frustration begets agression... Psych 101 ...BlackBerry is not cognizant of customer sensitivities at all... harsh, yes... but everywhere else on the planet, the customer is always right... I find the BlackBerry experience to be a roller-coaster... bumpy
    04-07-17 02:31 PM
    ^ This.
    They drop 400 to a car company and who's left to push updates, the sweeper? Sure hope he's Good Will Hunting !!
    04-07-17 02:39 PM
    Six users. I haven't got mine yet either and was beginning to wonder whether it was because I have developer options turned on. Guess not.
    Funny, I thought the same thing here too, maybe I was missing a patch, or because I had the phone configured strangely. I wonder if any (locked) Rogers Privs got the March update now.
    04-07-17 02:45 PM
    the sweeper?
    That would be a good choice, if there's a rug around to be lifted.
    04-07-17 02:50 PM
    Funny, I thought the same thing here too, maybe I was missing a patch, or because I had the phone configured strangely. I wonder if any (locked) Rogers Privs got the March update now.
    Just did a "live chat" (is there any other kind of chat?) With Rogers Sr tech support. He assured me this is a BlackBerry issue since BB pushes out the monthly updates. Rogers gets involved only for "whole system" releases. He gave me BB # to call, but they said "you didn't get your phone from us directly, so call your supplies, or fork over $35USD per incident" . I opted to wait.
    04-07-17 03:17 PM
    Just did a "live chat" (is there any other kind of chat?) With Rogers Sr tech support. He assured me this is a BlackBerry issue since BB pushes out the monthly updates. Rogers gets involved only for "whole system" releases. He gave me BB # to call, but they said "you didn't get your phone from us directly, so call your supplies, or fork over $35USD per incident" . I opted to wait.
    Rogers Sr. Tech support doesn't know what they are talking about.
    04-07-17 03:20 PM
    Rogers Sr. Tech support doesn't know what they are talking about.
    That's what I figured too but didn't have the patience to argue.
    04-07-17 03:21 PM
    That's what I figured too but didn't have the patience to argue.
    You get major points for braving Rogers' tech support, nonetheless. Thank goodness this is but a minor first-world annoyance.
    04-07-17 03:44 PM
    You spend a fortune to buy a Passport... then it gets killed... you spend a fortune to buy a Priv, and now that they proffer some new toys, what formerly received updates first as a direct purchaser, now is relegated to the late group in favor of their alleged flagships ...customers are treated like trash
    I'm not necessarily complaining. It's just an observation and I was curious if others may have noticed the same thing. There's probably a valid reason. Like others have said, if they are using the patch dated April 5, then maybe a couple days or more is reasonable.
    04-07-17 05:41 PM
    So, just for laughs, are there ANY Rogers customers who have received the MARCH update on ANY device?
    04-07-17 05:42 PM
    Yeah I think we just have to wait for this month as BBRY team might have to work extra this time. But their commitment to security will never be neglected coz that's who they are committed themselves for : securing your world, end to end.

I'm also still waiting for the April patch coming to my phone, STV 3
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-07-17 05:43 PM
    Still waiting STV 4
    04-08-17 01:51 AM
    You get major points for braving Rogers' tech support, nonetheless. Thank goodness this is but a minor first-world annoyance.
    If you are willing, it seems to me that the Sr Tech Support person is at least, uninformed, and trying to avoid actually checking why the update is not available. As BlackBerry sent the update to Telus and Bell, I would put the blame squarely on Rogers. If you wish, I would also request the complaint be raised to the next levels until an answer can be gotten that is not passing the buck. Just an opinion. Hope they finally resolve this.
    04-08-17 02:32 AM
    As BlackBerry sent the update to Telus and Bell, I would put the blame squarely on Rogers
    This is about the April security patch, on the Priv forum, what makes you think BB has sent it to Telus and Bell?
    04-08-17 07:58 AM
    A bit harsh, no?

How do you know the older devices are getting Nougat?
    Was there something official that I did not here about?

As far as I know they left us on a semi-broken build back in October with horrible battery drain and overheating issues, that's the reason why I really don't care for the security patches but only N, as they won't fix M with their thinly spread manpower

Btw, nothing for me yet here in Austria on my STV100-4
    04-08-17 12:02 PM
    I had a Twitter chat with Rogers about the update:

Apr 6

Zoltan‏ @mszbzltn@RogersHelps isn't it time to release the March update for Android BlackBerries?!! Since BB just started pushing the April one. Hmm?

Apr 6

RogersHelps‏ @RogersHelps
    @mszbzltn It's definitely exciting to look forward to OS upgrades for our devices! This link will provide more info about any updates:*(link: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5...es/thread-id/1) goo.gl/d7XrGo. Hope this helps! ^cy

Apr 6

Zoltan‏ @mszbzltn
    @RogersHelps Honestly? Being on the Feb. security patch and on your list there is no *updates avail. for Droid @blackberry. No, doesn't help

in reply to @mszbzltn

@mszbzltn When we release updates, we want to make sure the patch is compatible with our networks. Once all testing is done, the *OS will then be released to our customers. Thank you for your patience with this matter. ^cy

Apr 6

Zoltan‏ @mszbzltn
    @RogersHelps‏ *ohh, I am so glad to be a customer of such a one of a kind carrier. Poor AT&T and other customers have to live their lives*in fear, not knowing when will their carrier updated mobiles explode. Thank you @rogers

Apr 6

@mszbzltn We do hope that the OS update is available as soon as possible! Thanks for you feedback again!^cy
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-17 04:10 PM
    My PRIV is an STV100-1 (factory unlocked) and still no update. But heck if the pkb folks are getting Nougat in May once K1 is out I'll gladly pass on the April patch...
    04-08-17 04:43 PM
    I had a Twitter chat with Rogers about the update:

Apr 6

Zoltan‏ @mszbzltn@RogersHelps isn't it time to release the March update for Android BlackBerries?!! Since BB just started pushing the April one. Hmm?

Apr 6

@mszbzltn It's definitely exciting to look forward to OS upgrades for our devices! This link will provide more info about any updates:*(link: OS Upgrade Schedule - Rogers Community) goo.gl/d7XrGo. Hope this helps! ^cy

Apr 6

Zoltan‏ @mszbzltn
    @RogersHelps Honestly? Being on the Feb. security patch and on your list there is no *updates avail. for Droid @blackberry. No, doesn't help

in reply to @mszbzltn

@mszbzltn When we release updates, we want to make sure the patch is compatible with our networks. Once all testing is done, the *OS will then be released to our customers. Thank you for your patience with this matter. ^cy

Apr 6

Zoltan‏ @mszbzltn
    @RogersHelps‏ *ohh, I am so glad to be a customer of such a one of a kind carrier. Poor AT&T and other customers have to live their lives*in fear, not knowing when will their carrier updated mobiles explode. Thank you @rogers

Apr 6

@mszbzltn We do hope that the OS update is available as soon as possible! Thanks for you feedback again!^cy
    You left out us vulnerable Verizon users. Although March update did come late so our risk was reduced during that extra week it took Verizon to make sure that the update meshed with their oh so fragile cellular system. The excuses that they come up with..... Amazing.

Good luck getting the April update.
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-13-17 at 01:08 PM.
    04-08-17 05:23 PM
    You left out us vulnerable Verizon users. Although March update did come late so our risk was reduced during that extra week it took Verizon to make sure that the update meshed with their oh so fragile cellular system. The excuses that they come up with..... Amazing.

Good luck getting the April update.
    Did you know that everything you post lately is a duplicate?
    04-08-17 07:41 PM
    Did you know that everything you post lately is a duplicate?
    No!

No!

But if so, it ain't me doing it.
    04-08-17 09:21 PM
359 12345 ...