Any new about monthly security patch of April? Or Nutella overtakes it?
    04-05-17 04:15 PM
    Apparently the DTEK50 has it now. Nothing for the others yet.
    04-05-17 04:17 PM
    Nothing yet, UK Priv from BlackBerry Store.
    04-05-17 04:35 PM
    Nutella would also need the April patch, but none of it here in STV100-4 EU mainland (and is expected as always 10days+ after first release, so not before the 15th).
    kariekas likes this.
    04-05-17 04:49 PM
    Ya, my mom just got it on her 50
    04-05-17 04:58 PM
    Who really cares about these patches? They add no improvement to the OS. I would rather them not spend anymore time on these and focus on getting Nougat out ASAP.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-05-17 05:01 PM
    Who really cares about these patches? They add no improvement to the OS. I would rather them not spend anymore time on these and focus on getting Nougat out ASAP.
    That's such a wrong way of thinking. Keeping your phone secure is more important than anything else and getting a timely patch is a must.

STV-3 here, no April patch as yet..
    04-05-17 05:30 PM
    They billed their phones as having monthly updates, so I'm not seeing the problem. Besides, keeping up to date is one of the tenets of device security.
    04-05-17 05:32 PM
    Then why use a BlackBerry Android device? It's all about OS hardening and security patches.
    04-05-17 05:37 PM
    Then why use a BlackBerry Android device? It's all about OS hardening and security patches.
    Why not have the best of both worlds. I'm still waiting to see what actual threats their hardening is protecting us from. The security built into Nougat would far surpass any patch from what I can tell.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-05-17 06:09 PM
    Why not have the best of both worlds. I'm still waiting to see what actual threats their hardening is protecting us from. The security built into Nougat would far surpass any patch from what I can tell.
    We will. Soon.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-05-17 06:19 PM
    That's such a wrong way of thinking. Keeping your phone secure is more important than anything else and getting a timely patch is a must.

STV-3 here, no April patch as yet..
    Mine still doesn't have the March patch yet:

STV100-3 on the Rogers Network.
    Attached Thumbnails April security patch: any news?-18589.jpg  
    dni1230 likes this.
    04-05-17 07:18 PM
    Mine still doesn't have the March patch yet:

STV100-3 on the Rogers Network.
    I thought I might have been the only one. My wife's Priv still nothing. Almost feel like calling them and laying into them. It's ridiculous that they haven't pushed March let.
    dni1230 likes this.
    04-05-17 07:40 PM
    I thought I might have been the only one. My wife's Priv still nothing. Almost feel like calling them and laying into them. It's ridiculous that they haven't pushed March let.
    Pitchforks.
    04-05-17 07:41 PM
    I guess all five Priv users on the Rogers Network didn't merit the effort ...

I am curious to see how long it takes them to get the April patch out to the Priv. Popcorn maker is ready to go...
    Colin Wu and Carjackd like this.
    04-05-17 08:02 PM
    Coming soon. ™
    zephyr613 likes this.
    04-05-17 08:05 PM
    Just like the March update, you will get it when your carrier releases it to you.
    john_v likes this.
    04-05-17 08:24 PM
    My priv is factory unlocked, and I an currently using it in Taiwan.

No April update for me yet

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 01:07 AM
    Just peeked on my ShopBB - no update.
    04-06-17 09:00 AM
    You are hilarious. I would rather have a stable secure phone than one with a new OS and plagued with issues. But you would likely be the first one to put out a thread like 'My Priv overheating on Nougat, help!' or 'Nougat eating all battery' or....

Better wait for them to perfect it, than by a bug ridden OS. Just look at the S7 forums where owners are complaining of these exact issues.

No thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 09:25 AM
    Keyboard.
    delanyinspiron6400 likes this.
    04-06-17 09:27 AM
    You are clearly an authority. If it is so secure as you say, then why does Google also release patches for it?? And the fact that you are 'waiting for those threats' means they are working. Should you not be glad for that? Is that not why you bought a BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 09:27 AM
    You are hilarious. I would rather have a stable secure phone than one with a new OS and plagued with issues. But you would likely be the first one to put out a thread like 'My Priv overheating on Nougat, help!' or 'Nougat eating all battery' or....

Better wait for them to perfect it, than by a bug ridden OS. Just look at the S7 forums where owners are complaining of these exact issues.

No thanks!

Posted via CB10
    How is Nougat unstable? Crap, M is not good for many of us with the RAM usage and overheating. The excuses for BlackBerry only exacerbate the problem.
    delanyinspiron6400 likes this.
    04-06-17 09:31 AM
    How is Nougat unstable? Crap, M is not good for many of us with the RAM usage and overheating. The excuses for BlackBerry only exacerbate the problem.
    Nougat gets the same security patches every month too.

Patching holes is the first line of defence.
    04-06-17 10:10 AM
    Understood, but when the focus on security patches supposedly delays OS updates (due to a lack of manpower probably), it presents a problem for users. Most people don't need a hardened phone. Crap, I rooted my phones for years and never had any vulnerablities or issues. For the most part, the security BB empahsizes is overblown to find a niche in the market.

Even for those of us who prefer the hardening, when it isn't regularly updated, it really starts to annoy you. Given the OS problems I continue to have with the phone coupled with the total lack of communication from BB to users about the path forward, I have about decided to get the One Plus 5 in June (OnePlus 5, OnePlus 4 Flagship Release Date, Price, Rumors & Leaks Reveal Killer Specs & Features : TECH & INNOVATION : Science Times). The specs are top notch and the cost will be $100 less than the KeyOne. OnePlus is even adding new beefed up security features, so that would be a plus as well. Wish I had a different conclusion, but since I got the Priv on launch date in 2015, I don't feel my experience has justified $700.
    rickkel likes this.
    04-06-17 12:35 PM
359 123 ...