Remember would be cool

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Password keeper

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 and punkd_mom like this.
    10-14-15 07:25 PM
    That's my entrance fee. If Remember is not included , then for me there is no reason to give up my Z30. All my other wants are part of what we've seen as included so far, or can be handled through the Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Hopefully part of the pim integration.
    10-14-15 07:41 PM
    For sure, definitely a community effort. I'll be updating it more tonight when I get some free time and will be adding to the list
    One thing I loved about BB OS 6 and now BB10 is that I could have my name displayed on the lock screen.

I haven't found anything like that for the iOS device I have. Might you know of anything that can do that for Android and/ or does it already have that included?

(Possibly, BlackBerry will even give that to us on the PRIV. But, just in case, it would be nice to find a way to do it.)

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    10-14-15 08:17 PM
    One thing I loved about BB OS 6 and now BB10 is that I could have my name displayed on the lock screen.

I haven't found anything like that for the iOS device I have. Might you know of anything that can do that for Android and/ or does it already have that included?

(Possibly, BlackBerry will even give that to us on the PRIV. But, just in case, it would be nice to find a way to do it.)

You can already do this in Android in a free text field. Its usually in the security settings or if not, the lockscreen settings.
    10-14-15 08:26 PM
    Subscribed, thanks for starting this thread. I've dabbled with Android apps before but never really been fully immersed in the ecosystem so it'll be pretty new for me when I get the Priv.

As for BB10 apps to port over, I second StoryMaker, and Blend, of course! Plus Link/BlackBerry tunneling (file sharing) functionality.

(And for those of us with PlayBooks still lying around, Bridge because, why not?)

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 10:09 PM
    You can already do this in Android in a free text field. Its usually in the security settings or if not, the lockscreen settings.
    Thanks for the tip!

10-15-15 03:59 AM
    Subscribed, thanks for starting this thread. I've dabbled with Android apps before but never really been fully immersed in the ecosystem so it'll be pretty new for me when I get the Priv.

As for BB10 apps to port over, I second StoryMaker, and Blend, of course! Plus Link/BlackBerry tunneling (file sharing) functionality.

(And for those of us with PlayBooks still lying around, Bridge because, why not?)

Posted via CB10
    Hey, no sweat.

I'll be working on this consistently for the next week and a half. This is just the beginning, a lot more to go and I'll build tutorials incase someone wants to change icons for example. This should all be done before the Priv comes out so when it is out people can always refer to this list and see some of the How-To guides.

Thanks!
    00stryder and JGoodard like this.
    10-15-15 04:20 AM
    Interesting

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 05:07 AM
    I prefer WPS Office by Kingsoft to MS Office for phone use. WPS's "mobile view" alone is worth switching for.

Knoware, the developer of bPod for BB10, is working on an Android version. I currently use Podcast Addict on Android, but I'd switch to bPod just to support this developer, who has been so responsive on BB10.

For passwords, I prefer Enpass, which I use on both BB10 and Android, not to mention desktop. The encrypted password file is synced to OneDrive (you can choose DropBox, etc.). If I lose my phone, I don't lose my passwords.

There are lots of utilities to tweak the way Android works. One that I like is Stay Alive, a simple utility that turns off screen timeout on the apps you select.

Es or Fx file manager. Both are good.

If you don't use Google Calendar, but want to be able to use voice commands to create appointments, Google Now will be no help but Dragon Assistant will work. I feel like this app used to be better than it is right now, but it still works for this purpose.

SB Wallpaper Changer, if you like to keep your wallpaper fresh.

SystemPanel is a good all-around analyzer, somewhat similar to Device Monitor. There are a lot of apps like this in Play; I think this is one of the better ones.

For distraction when you're brain-dead, the only game you need is Desert Golfing.
    10-15-15 09:55 AM
34 12