Top Apps (work in progress)

Customization apps:
    All in one Gestures: All in one Gestures allows you to hide soft keys, and control your device with simple gestures. Just swipe your finger across the screen, and the action you want will be performed.
    Nova Launcher/Prime: The highly customizable, performance driven, home screen. Accept no substitutes! Nova Launcher is the top launcher for modern Android, embracing full Material Design throughout. Nova Launcher replaces your home screen with one you control and can customize. Change icons, layouts, animations and more.
    Zedge: ZEDGE™ offers free wallpapers, ringtones, app icons and notification sounds to easily customize your device. In addition we offer you personalized game recommendations.
    Emoji Keyboard-Funny &Colorful: Emoji Keyboard is a free, smart and colorful Emoji Keyboard for Android that help you to fast input over 3000 emoji, emoticons, smiley, sticker and text face conveniently everywhere including message, text, email and chat with social app etc. It’s the best Emoji Keyboard for Android with over 300 beautiful themes, smart gesture type and auto correct, highly customization with color, layout, font and over 55 languages support.
    3D Parallax Background: Unique and one of the kind live wallpaper you won't find anywhere else - Multi-Layered parallax backgrounds! Give your homescreen a real 3D depth with gyroscope controlled multi-layered parallax backgrounds - even better than effect featured on Iphone iOS 7.

Icon Packs: (to be used with a launcher)
    GEL
    Stealth
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....cryten]Cryten
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...umus.elun]Elun
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Modern Android

Games:
    Clash of Clans: From rage-*filled Barbarians with glorious mustaches to pyromaniac wizards, raise your own army and lead your clan to victory! Build your village to fend off raiders, battle against millions of players worldwide, and forge a powerful clan with others to destroy enemy clans.
    Real Racing: Real Racing 3 features a continuously expanding roster of officially licensed tracks, a 22-car grid, and over 100 meticulously detailed cars from manufacturers like Ferrari, Porsche, Chevrolet, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, Bugatti, and Audi. Plus Real-Time Multiplayer, Social Leaderboards, Time Trials, Ghost Challenges, and innovative Time Shifted Multiplayer™ (TSM) technology, allowing you to race anyone, anytime, anywhere.
    SimCity BuildIt: WELCOME MAYOR! Build your own beautiful, bustling city where your citizens will thrive. The larger and more intricate your city gets, the more needs your citizens have, and it’s up to you to keep them happy. This is an all-new SimCity game – re-imagined for mobile!
    Traffic Racer: Traffic Racer is a milestone in the genre of endless arcade racing. Drive your car through highway traffic, earn cash, upgrade your car and buy new ones. Try to be one of the fastest drivers in the global leaderboards. Endless racing is now redefined!
    Geometry Dash: Jump and fly your way through danger in this rhythm-based action platformer! Prepare for a near impossible challenge in the world of Geometry Dash. Push your skills to the limit as you jump, fly and flip your way through dangerous passages and spiky obstacles.

Widgets:
    Beautiful Widgets: Beautiful Widgets is your best companion when personalizing your home screen with widgets.
    Be unique, express yourself.
    Grumpy Weather: no desc.
    Power Toggles: An advanced power control widget. FREE and No ads
    Minimalistic Text: Widgets: Minimalistic Text is a widget app that displays information in a minimalistic way. It can be configured to display time, date, battery and weather information. The layout of the widget is highly customizable through the layout editor.
    Evernote: Evernote is the modern workspace that syncs between all of your devices. Work everywhere and stay productive: Write notes, checklists, and research, Organize web articles, docs, and photos, Discuss your work with others, right within the app.

Day-to-Day apps:
    • IF by IFTTT (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.ifttt.ifttt)
    • Kodi (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=org.xbmc.kodi)
    • Flipboard (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=flipboard.app)
    • Checky (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.calm.checky)
    • Shazam (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...shazam.android)

Social Apps:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Snapchat
    Instagram
    Pinterest
    LinkedIn
    Periscope
    Tumblr
    Tapatalk

Communication Apps:
    Messenger
    WhatsApp
    BBM
    Inbox by Gmail
    Firefox Browser for Android
    Opera Browser

Sports Apps:
    Maple Leafs Mobile
    Rogers NHL
    Sportsnet

[B]Music

Finance Apps:
    TD (Canada)
    RBC Mobile
    • [url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cibc.android.mobi]CIBC Mobile Banking[url]
    Scotiabank Mobile Banking
    BMO Mobile Banking
    Desjardins mobile banking
    Capital One Canada
    Tangerine Banking
    PC Financial Mobile Banking
    Mint: Personal Finance & Money
    Vancity
    Coast Capital Savings

Photography apps:
    F-Stop Media Gallery: Replace your clunky stock gallery with a lightweight, fast (even fun) gallery that works with you to organize all the photos and videos on your device. F-Stop is an alternative image gallery app that provides you with professional tools and a clean, material-inspired UI to minimize effort and maximize organization. (Recommended by BriniaSona)
    Productivity apps:
    Google Docs: Create, edit, and collaborate with others on documents from your Android phone or tablet with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can: Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device, Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time, Open, edit, and save Microsoft Word documents, Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection, Add and respond to comments, Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type..(Recommended by BriniaSona)
    Evernote: Evernote is the modern workspace that syncs between all of your devices. Work everywhere and stay productive: Write notes, checklists, and research, Organize web articles, docs, and photos, Discuss your work with others, right within the app.

Media & Video apps:
    Kodi: Kodi™ media center, formerly known as XBMC™ Media Center, is an award-winning free and open source cross-platform software media player and entertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs (Home theater PCs). It uses a 10-foot user interface designed to be a media player for the living-room, using a remote control as the primary input device. Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a harddrive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using only a few buttons.
    MX Player: MX Player - The best way to enjoy your movies. (Recommended by BriniaSona)
    SoundHound Music Search
    Shazam
    SoundCloud - Music & Audio
    Spotify Music
    TuneIn Radio
    Songza
    Deezer Music
    Rdio Music

Disclaimer: I'm going to be updating this list in the next 72h with a 25 of 10(10 categories), or top 50 of 10. I've been using android for a while now and I've found some good gold mines. We can't have this as a sticky but hopefully when the Priv comes out some of us can refer to this list and customize our Priv's the way we want. I'll also be doing a write up for each app and the pros and cons of each app. Tell me what else you'd like to see, this will definitively be a group effort.

Which apps do you use?..
    Last edited by dc2000; 10-15-15 at 02:28 AM.
    10-14-15 03:37 AM
    Myfitnesspal is the most important app!
    10-14-15 10:15 AM
    Evernote
    Google Docs
    MX Media Player
    F-Stop Gallery
    Songza
    Kodi
    Nova Launcher
    BBM
    TD Canada
    Mozilla Browser
    Maple Leafs Mobile
    Soundhound
    AppBrain Ad-Block
    Adblock Plus
    CB Forums (Because I cant post to CB via either browser)
    Google Camera
    CCleaner
    GoogleDrive
    HTC Car
    Piktures Gallery
    Microsoft Word
    Microsoft Lens
    TaskManager

-Avoid anything by CheetahMobile, they sell your data to advertising companies and spam emailers.

- I've still yet to find a decent calendar app that compares to the BBOS 7 one.
    -
    10-14-15 10:28 AM
    Evernote
    Google Docs
    MX Media Player
    F-Stop Gallery
    Songza
    Kodi
    Nova Launcher
    BBM
    TD Canada
    Mozilla Browser
    Maple Leafs Mobile
    Soundhound
    AppBrain Ad-Block
    Adblock Plus
    Google Camera
    CCleaner
    GoogleDrive
    HTC Car
    Piktures Gallery
    Microsoft Word
    Microsoft Lens
    TaskManager

-Avoid anything by CheetahMobile, they sell your data to advertising companies and spam emailers.

-
    Kodi? How's that going to work on a phone? Curiosity!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 10:33 AM
    So many dutch apps I really want to use.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 10:35 AM
    Kodi? How's that going to work on a phone? Curiosity!

Posted via CB10
    Same way it does on desktop, just dont use it on your Data Plan, lol. I used it to watch anime, works great.
    00stryder and saxxman like this.
    10-14-15 10:36 AM
    Evernote
    Google Docs
    MX Media Player
    F-Stop Gallery
    Songza
    Kodi
    Nova Launcher
    BBM
    TD Canada
    Mozilla Browser
    Maple Leafs Mobile
    Soundhound
    AppBrain Ad-Block
    Adblock Plus
    Google Camera
    CCleaner
    GoogleDrive
    HTC Car
    Piktures Gallery
    Microsoft Word
    Microsoft Lens
    TaskManager

-
    Can I use some of this list and add it to mine? I'd look it up each app and put each one in the category it belongs in? I think we can all build a whole list and I can just keep editing the first post and give credit where it's due. Let me know if this is okay?
    10-14-15 10:37 AM
    Can I use some of this list and add it to mine? I'd look it up each app and put each one in the category it belongs in? I think we can all build a whole list and I can just keep editing the first post and give credit where it's due. Let me know if this is okay?
    Go for it.
    10-14-15 10:40 AM
    Just my two cents. You guys should also create a list of any BBRY apps you love and want to see ported to Android for Priv!

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    00stryder and JGoodard like this.
    10-14-15 10:41 AM
    Just my two cents. You guys should also create a list of any BBRY apps you love and want to see ported to Android for Priv!

Battery Guru
    Remember
    10-14-15 10:43 AM
    Battery Guru
    Remember
    Remember would be cool

10-14-15 10:44 AM
    A proper version of WeChat. I think the BB10 was long abandoned.
    10-14-15 10:48 AM
    For media nothing beats power amp!
    Microsoft Lens is good for scanning with your camera to PDF, and it's free. And for cleaning tools, I use SDMaid pro.
    10-14-15 10:49 AM
    I second the vote for Remember integration. It is the basis for my calender/email/notes/tasks integration.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 11:00 AM
    DraStic Emulator and SkyForce

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 11:03 AM
    I second the vote for Remember integration. It is the basis for my calender/email/notes/tasks integration.

Posted via CB10
    It has two separate stock apps called "Tasks" and "Notes" so yeah they're included.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Remember will be part of the BlackBerry Suite that should be included in the PRIV. If not I will be disappointed.
    10-14-15 11:14 AM
    BlackBerry World.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-14-15 11:17 AM
    I'm going to install all the microsoft apps that I use. I don't like the way Google handles docs and I prefer the Microsoft way of doing things. I love Windows 10 but do not like Windows phone OS.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    10-14-15 02:56 PM

Story Maker.
    00stryder and KermEd like this.
    10-14-15 03:37 PM
    Remember will be part of the BlackBerry Suite that should be included in the PRIV. If not I will be disappointed.
    That's my entrance fee. If Remember is not included , then for me there is no reason to give up my Z30. All my other wants are part of what we've seen as included so far, or can be handled through the Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 05:30 PM
    Top Apps (work in progress)

Customization apps:
    All in one Gestures: All in one Gestures allows you to hide soft keys, and control your device with simple gestures. Just swipe your finger across the screen, and the action you want will be performed.
    Nova Launcher/Prime: The highly customizable, performance driven, home screen. Accept no substitutes! Nova Launcher is the top launcher for modern Android, embracing full Material Design throughout. Nova Launcher replaces your home screen with one you control and can customize. Change icons, layouts, animations and more.
    Zedge: ZEDGE� offers free wallpapers, ringtones, app icons and notification sounds to easily customize your device. In addition we offer you personalized game recommendations.
    Emoji Keyboard-Funny &Colorful: Emoji Keyboard is a free, smart and colorful Emoji Keyboard for Android that help you to fast input over 3000 emoji, emoticons, smiley, sticker and text face conveniently everywhere including message, text, email and chat with social app etc. It�s the best Emoji Keyboard for Android with over 300 beautiful themes, smart gesture type and auto correct, highly customization with color, layout, font and over 55 languages support.
    3D Parallax Background: Unique and one of the kind live wallpaper you won't find anywhere else - Multi-Layered parallax backgrounds! Give your homescreen a real 3D depth with gyroscope controlled multi-layered parallax backgrounds - even better than effect featured on Iphone iOS 7.

Icon Packs:
    � GEL (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.Fraom.Gel)
    � Stealth (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.pack.stealth)
    � Cryten (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ertumus.cryten)
    � Elun (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....vertumus.elun)
    � Modern Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid_icon_pack)

Games:
    Clash of Clans: From rage-*filled Barbarians with glorious mustaches to pyromaniac wizards, raise your own army and lead your clan to victory! Build your village to fend off raiders, battle against millions of players worldwide, and forge a powerful clan with others to destroy enemy clans.
    Real Racing: Real Racing 3 features a continuously expanding roster of officially licensed tracks, a 22-car grid, and over 100 meticulously detailed cars from manufacturers like Ferrari, Porsche, Chevrolet, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, Bugatti, and Audi. Plus Real-Time Multiplayer, Social Leaderboards, Time Trials, Ghost Challenges, and innovative Time Shifted Multiplayer� (TSM) technology, allowing you to race anyone, anytime, anywhere.
    SimCity BuildIt: WELCOME MAYOR! Build your own beautiful, bustling city where your citizens will thrive. The larger and more intricate your city gets, the more needs your citizens have, and it�s up to you to keep them happy. This is an all-new SimCity game � re-imagined for mobile!
    Traffic Racer: Traffic Racer is a milestone in the genre of endless arcade racing. Drive your car through highway traffic, earn cash, upgrade your car and buy new ones. Try to be one of the fastest drivers in the global leaderboards. Endless racing is now redefined!
    Geometry Dash: Jump and fly your way through danger in this rhythm-based action platformer!

Prepare for a near impossible challenge in the world of Geometry Dash. Push your skills to the limit as you jump, fly and flip your way through dangerous passages and spiky obstacles.

Widgets:
    Beautiful Widgets: Beautiful Widgets is your best companion when personalizing your home screen with widgets.
    Be unique, express yourself.
    Grumpy Weather: no desc.
    Power Toggles: An advanced power control widget. FREE and No ads
    Minimalistic Text: Widgets: Minimalistic Text is a widget app that displays information in a minimalistic way. It can be configured to display time, date, battery and weather information. The layout of the widget is highly customizable through the layout editor.

Day-to-Day apps:
    � IF by IFTTT (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.ifttt.ifttt)
    � Kodi (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=org.xbmc.kodi)
    � Flipboard (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=flipboard.app)
    � Checky (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.calm.checky)
    � Shazam (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...shazam.android)

Photography apps:
    F-Stop Media Gallery: Replace your clunky stock gallery with a lightweight, fast (even fun) gallery that works with you to organize all the photos and videos on your device. F-Stop is an alternative image gallery app that provides you with professional tools and a clean, material-inspired UI to minimize effort and maximize organization. (Recommended by BriniaSona)
    Productivity apps:
    Google Docs: Create, edit, and collaborate with others on documents from your Android phone or tablet with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can: Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device, Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time, Open, edit, and save Microsoft Word documents, Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection, Add and respond to comments, Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type..(Recommended by BriniaSona)

Media & Video apps:
    Kodi: Kodi� media center, formerly known as XBMC� Media Center, is an award-winning free and open source cross-platform software media player and entertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs (Home theater PCs). It uses a 10-foot user interface designed to be a media player for the living-room, using a remote control as the primary input device. Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a harddrive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using only a few buttons.
    MX Player: MX Player - The best way to enjoy your movies. (Recommended by BriniaSona)

Disclaimer: I'm going to be updating this list in the next 72h with a 25 of 10(10 categories), or top 50 of 10. I've been using android for a while now and I've found some good gold mines. We can't have this as a sticky but hopefully when the Priv comes out some of us can refer to this list and customize our Priv's the way we want. I'll also be doing a write up for each app and the pros and cons of each app. Tell me what else you'd like to see, this will definitively be a group effort.

Which apps do you use?..
    I was just thinking of how useful something like this would be. Then, I see your post. Thanks for getting it started.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    Last edited by BoldMaverick; 10-14-15 at 06:38 PM.
    10-14-15 05:59 PM
    What Shazam feature puts it in the list? Google Now already can ID songs
    10-14-15 06:14 PM
    I was just thinking of how useful something like this would be. Then, I see your post. Thanks for getting it started.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    For sure, definitely a community effort. I'll be updating it more tonight when I get some free time and will be adding to the list
    10-14-15 07:17 PM
    Excel Mobile, Word Mobile and PowerPoint Mobile. Oh and OneNote as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.office.excel
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ft.office.word
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ice.powerpoint
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...office.onenote

I've been trying to get this working on my phone for the longest time and I only end up with the older Office. How can a productivity phone not have the Office Suite?

Also this looks interesting, to use that 18MP camera: Office Lens https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ice.officelens
    guygardner73 and JGoodard like this.
    10-14-15 07:22 PM
34 12