So I'm not sure when this started, but it must have been recent since I only had five apps to update last night.

On average, it was taking over an hour for each update: it would get to 100% downloaded, then it would just sit there for a long, long time. I thought it was frozen or something, but it did eventually update all five. It was close to Midnight when it happened, and I'd started in the mid-afternoon.

I've been trying to install an app since yesterday and it's doing the same thing: it downloads 100% and says "Installing", and... it's been over twelve hours now. No app installation should take this long.

I've tried clearing the cache for both the "Downloads", "Play Store", and "Play Services" apps, but it hasn't helped.

**Update:** I restarted my phone this morning and tried installing the app around 11:00AM. It is now 5:41PM and it's just given me the "Installed" notification.

The only thing I can think of that I've done differently recently has been plugging my phone into a computer instead of the wall. It never showed up as a USB device on said computer.
    06-05-17 04:43 PM
    I see the June update is out, and I'm hesitant to try downloading it in case it doesn't install properly.

I've also seen a possible solution as going into bootloader mode and clearing system cache that way, but that stuff doesn't seem accessible on the Priv.

Honestly, between this and my Facebook issues (the exact same ones I was having on BB10, with the repeat notifications from Facebook, and the no notifications at all from Messenger), kind of regretting switching away from my Passport.
    06-05-17 04:45 PM
    That ain't right! Clear the cache and do a 32 second power button reboot.
    Are you by chance running an SD card as internal or adopted?
    06-05-17 08:09 PM
    That ain't right! Clear the cache and do a 32 second power button reboot.
    Are you by chance running an SD card as internal or adopted?
    No SD card, just the internal storage. Is there a way to clear the system cache? I couldn't find any of those options in the bootloader menu.

Literally have had a Facebook app sitting at 100% since 8:00pm. It's currently 11:48pm.
    06-05-17 10:48 PM
    No SD card, just the internal storage. Is there a way to clear the system cache? I couldn't find any of those options in the bootloader menu.

Literally have had a Facebook app sitting at 100% since 8:00pm. It's currently 11:48pm.
    Try the various reboot/restart methods. You could also go to the end and try Safe Mode and see if you try installing something, if it works better?

Have you installed any Battery Saving apps or Greenify or similar?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    06-06-17 12:39 AM
    M'kay, so I tried Safe Mode. First thing that happened was that "Fit" crashed. Immediately after Fit crashing, the app I'd been trying to install since 8:00PM yesterday (it had timed out overnight and the "Install" button came back) installed, and the half dozen new updates I had also started installing.

So... it's either related to Google Fit, or something else that doesn't run in Safe Mode? I guess I need to start uninstalling apps...
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-17 09:36 AM
    M'kay, so I tried Safe Mode. First thing that happened was that "Fit" crashed. Immediately after Fit crashing, the app I'd been trying to install since 8:00PM yesterday (it had timed out overnight and the "Install" button came back) installed, and the half dozen new updates I had also started installing.

So... it's either related to Google Fit, or something else that doesn't run in Safe Mode? I guess I need to start uninstalling apps...
    I'm kind of glad that things were going better in Safe Mode but, as you note, now the trial and error trying to figure out what is the problem.

I had Fit on my second Priv but since it was replaced, I have not replaced/reinstalled all of the app.
    06-06-17 05:13 PM

I'm kind of glad that things were going better in Safe Mode but, as you note, now the trial and error trying to figure out what is the problem.

I had Fit on my second Priv but since it was replaced, I have not replaced/reinstalled all of the app.
    06-06-17 05:14 PM

I didn't make it to the Trial and Error point. I did the system update, and when it restarted in normal mode I was able to install and update apps properly again. So I guess I'll never know what the problem is...
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-17 06:29 PM