Evening.

Ive had my priv for a handful of yrs and don't want to give in until all hope is lost for a new replacement option.

That said, my apps are now taking forever to work in unison or have stopped all together. Pls keep in mind that I have next to zero third party apps downloaded on this phone. Truly very few.

By way of example, if I were to start a new text message on the messages app and type a contact's name at the top, nothing happens, no drop down for names, nothing. The phone app is just barely better in that if I type a name it takes two to three MINUTES for it to pull anything up.

I don't have a huge contacts list so it is not as if my "Rolodex" of contacts is causing this.

Anyone have any ideas to try and keep this train going a bit longer and maybe even speed it up (has gotten pretty slow at this point).
    01-11-20 07:03 PM
    Evening.

Ive had my priv for a handful of yrs and don't want to give in until all hope is lost for a new replacement option.

That said, my apps are now taking forever to work in unison or have stopped all together. Pls keep in mind that I have next to zero third party apps downloaded on this phone. Truly very few.

By way of example, if I were to start a new text message on the messages app and type a contact's name at the top, nothing happens, no drop down for names, nothing. The phone app is just barely better in that if I type a name it takes two to three MINUTES for it to pull anything up.

I don't have a huge contacts list so it is not as if my "Rolodex" of contacts is causing this.

Anyone have any ideas to try and keep this train going a bit longer and maybe even speed it up (has gotten pretty slow at this point).
    Go to settings, storage, internal, and then tap on cached data. Then reboot phone by holding down the power button for 32 seconds.

If that doesn't work, do a factory reset.
    01-11-20 08:15 PM