So then if some Samsung apps can't be used on other phones, then it would be reasonable to assume that apps for the Priv by BlackBerry would also not be able to be used on other phones?
    That could be the case. However, since BB has said they will be cross platform, I doubt so.
    10-27-15 07:37 PM
    I am getting black background on it as well. Thanks for trying!
    If you look at the background of this image, it is pale grey rather than white as the previous image was, showing that the background is transparent. The issue then is what you are doing with it once you download it. Are you changing to another format?
    10-27-15 07:42 PM
    If you look at the background of this image, it is pale grey rather than white as the previous image was, showing that the background is transparent. The issue then is what you are doing with it once you download it. Are you changing to another format?
    I am saving it directly and the using it as an icon on Nova Launcher.
    10-27-15 07:49 PM
    First you need to make the background transparent in a program like Photoshop, then you need to save it in a file format other than JPG that supports transparency such as PNG or ICO. Try this.
    Noticed the icon you posted is a jpg. Didn't know if yoh meant for it to be or not.
    10-27-15 07:54 PM
    Noticed the icon you posted is a jpg. Didn't know if yoh meant for it to be or not.
    The last file I upload here is Hub 300 2L-TP3.png
    I can download it to my PC and it saves as PNG and has a transparent background.
    I suggest you save it to your PC and then transfer it to your phone.
    10-27-15 08:22 PM
    Plus I think people are getting carried away - yes I'm sure some people will spend time doing this - but its a keyboard app, a a calendar app and an email app - these are ten-a-penny in androidland and everyone has their favorites - Even if someone's favourite keyboard was the blackberry one, it's unlikely the BBRY choice would be their favourite in each area.

They might be nice apps but I think people are overthinking the impact they will have.
    The BB10 keyboard is superior to all alternatives and the HUB has no competition. The calendar and contact apps are superior too..

I do believe the hub if functions like BB10 will make an impact. The launcher may too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Calvin8181 likes this.
    10-27-15 11:25 PM
    The last file I upload here is Hub 300 2L-TP3.png
    I can download it to my PC and it saves as PNG and has a transparent background.
    I suggest you save it to your PC and then transfer it to your phone.
    Got it to work! Thanks! You should do that for all the BB apps on the play store and make an icon pack we can use!
    10-28-15 12:36 AM
    BlackBerry Priv stock apps go up on Google Play ahead of launch | CrackBerry.com

Then again.... maybe not available to any device. So what's the point?
    Need to let people be aware of this feature for BlackBerry phones....

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 12:41 AM
    The BB10 keyboard is superior to all alternatives
    Folks that like swipe functionality -- and there are quite a few -- would beg to differ.

One of the leading alternatives on Android supports handedness, handwriting, voice input and cloud sync. It's gonna take a bit more than flicking to get folks to bite on the BB10 variant.

Same goes for calendar... folks will ask whether the BB10 version supports, say, Toodledo task sync via widget.

As with most software, "best" is a different strokes kind of thing.
    10-28-15 12:44 AM
    Folks that like swipe functionality -- and there are quite a few -- would beg to differ.

One of the leading alternatives on Android supports handedness, handwriting, voice input and cloud sync. It's gonna take a bit more than flicking to get folks to bite on the BB10 variant.

Same goes for calendar... folks will ask whether the BB10 version supports, say, Toodledo task sync via widget.

Swipe is slower definitely. The BB10 keyboard is the perfect size, most accurate and fastest. It blows away every single virtual keyboard hands down. Anyone who disagrees is ignorant and haven't used the BB10 virtual keyboards.

10-28-15 12:59 AM
    Swipe is slower definitely. The BB10 keyboard is the perfect size, most accurate and fastest. It blows away every single virtual keyboard hands down. Anyone who disagrees is ignorant and haven't used the BB10 virtual keyboards.

Not really, depends on personal preference some people type faster with swift keyboard because they are used to that keyboard, calling other person ignorant is a not good choice of word
    10-28-15 01:11 AM
    The BB10 keyboard is superior to all alternatives and the HUB has no competition. The calendar and contact apps are superior too..

I do believe the hub if functions like BB10 will make an impact. The launcher may too.

I'm using the Passport and believe it's the best calendar, email experience available.

I had a 10 minutes hands on experience with the Priv. I was saddened. The magic is missing. The developers did the smart thing and did their best to replicate the BB10 experience with Android's Lollipop framework (Material) rather than shoehorning BB modules (Cascades) on top of Lollipop.

As a quick example, appointments are now set using this:
    Apps on Priv now available in Google Play Store-uploadfromtaptalk1446012258137.png

Rather than the native calendar module on the Passport:
    Apps on Priv now available in Google Play Store-uploadfromtaptalk1446013249418.jpg

Do you get the same result? Yes.
    Is the experience the same? For me, no.

It's the same thing with the Hub, you can immediately tell it's built using Lollipop Material, not BB10 Cascades. It feels awkward and un intuitive.

It's not the end of the world, but I would give anything to get a 1:1 replica of the entire hub/email/calendar experience onto Android.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk
    gizmo21 and 00stryder like this.
    10-28-15 01:21 AM
    Not really, depends on personal preference some people type faster with swift keyboard because they are used to that keyboard, calling other person ignorant is a not good choice of word
    I'm using Android and the SwiftKey keyboard isn't in the same league as BB10. I guaruntee people would type faster and accurate with the BB10 keyboard.

I've tried every keyboard on Android I could get my hands on and Fleksy is the top keyboard but the BB10 one still blows it away.

10-28-15 01:47 AM
    I'm using Android and the SwiftKey keyboard isn't in the same league as BB10. I guaruntee people would type faster and accurate with the BB10 keyboard.

I've tried every keyboard on Android I could get my hands on and Fleksy is the top keyboard but the BB10 one still blows it away.

I have to agree with you on this. I too own every single top rated keyboard on Android, none come close. The Swype keyboard is neat no doubt, but it is truly not as good as the BlackBerry virtual keyboard. Same with SwiftKey, Fleksy, Minuum, etc. I have them all and used them all for months at a time. They all fall short.
    10-28-15 02:05 AM
    I'm pretty sure Swype is faster for one hand usage; would be great if BB eventually implemented this feature as optional for those who want it.
    10-28-15 02:23 AM

Given you've never used the android versions and from previous conversations seem to know very little about android generally you realise how myopic and daft that sounds?
    10-28-15 02:49 AM

The Hub has always been a bit meh for me. It's not a game changer for most people.Some people will love it though.
    The BB10 keyboard is almost perfect, just needs a number row option, and I prefer it to anything i use on Android, but if people prefer Swype and the like they wont want to change the way they use it .

The calendar app is probably better then the vanilla Android app, but there are plenty of superior calendar options on Android

The contact app on BB10 was awful. Just awful. Again, plenty of superior ones on Android
    10-28-15 04:20 AM

Swiping is going the way of the dodo. It was all the rage three years ago, but no longer. BB keyboard is the best one. Period.

10-28-15 04:29 AM
    The Hub has always been a bit meh for me. It's not a game changer for most people.Some people will love it though.
    The BB10 keyboard is almost perfect, just needs a number row option, and I prefer it to anything i use on Android, but if people prefer Swype and the like they wont want to change the way they use it .

The calendar app is probably better then the vanilla Android app, but there are plenty of superior calendar options on Android

The contact app on BB10 was awful. Just awful. Again, plenty of superior ones on Android
    Contacts has proved in recent BB iterations, but it is still not that great. I'm actually surprised BB thought their Contacts app worthy of bringing over.

BB Calendar and BB Keyboard are class leading.

10-28-15 04:31 AM
    I'm using the Passport and believe it's the best calendar, email experience available.

I had a 10 minutes hands on experience with the Priv. I was saddened. The magic is missing. The developers did the smart thing and did their best to replicate the BB10 experience with Android's Lollipop framework (Material) rather than shoehorning BB modules (Cascades) on top of Lollipop.

As a quick example, appointments are now set using this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446012258137.png 
Views:	307 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	377762

Rather than the native calendar module on the Passport:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446013249418.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	377763

Do you get the same result? Yes.
    Is the experience the same? For me, no.

It's the same thing with the Hub, you can immediately tell it's built using Lollipop Material, not BB10 Cascades. It feels awkward and un intuitive.

It's not the end of the world, but I would give anything to get a 1:1 replica of the entire hub/email/calendar experience onto Android.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk
    That actually looks like a MUCH faster way to set appointment times. I love BB Calendar, but the drop down menu method is slow as heck.

Xaiux likes this.
    10-28-15 04:33 AM
    Contacts has proved in recent BB iterations, but it is still not that great. I'm actually surprised BB thought their Contacts app worthy of bringing over.

BB Calendar and BB Keyboard are class leading.

What makes you believe the Calendar app is class leading?
    Just out of curiosity, as i cant see it myself so would like a different perspective.

I dont think it's bad, it's a solid app.
    10-28-15 04:35 AM
    Swiping is going the way of the dodo. It was all the rage three years ago, but no longer. BB keyboard is the best one. Period.
    Of course. It did/does wonders for BB10 sales, like the street challenge championship browser.
    10-28-15 05:24 AM

Never have been a huge fan of the Hub either. Am willing to give it a try in a new platform though.
    10-28-15 05:28 AM

The thing about all the BB10 features is that they are not exactly easy to advertise. This like a hub market phrase "all your messages in one place" doesn't do justice to the hub. You need to use BB10 to really appreciate its features.

And even then, you get lots of stories here on CB where people showed their BB10 phone device to other people and they were impressed by it, but that doesn't translate into sales. The reaction is always "wow, cool, didn't know BB10 made cool phones", but not "wow, i really need this in my life". Being impressed by certain features doesn't equate to really needing that feature.
    10-28-15 05:40 AM
    Well I think the critical thing is its not actually a hub - its a standalone app which a lot of users might never use.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    10-28-15 05:41 AM
142 ... 3456