How can you be 100% certain? (That's a question btw not a statement )

It would tie in with the security-bootloader-etc stuff they've mentioned on the blogs.
    Simple reason, BlackBerry Experience Suite. These services will be offered to all Android devices, not just the PRIV. There is no incentive for BlackBerry to be putting out proprietary stuff when their only goal is to become a software-first company *and* they have already announced the experience suite for both Android and iOS is coming.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-26-15 06:19 PM
    Just searched them on my Passport. Can't find them.
    They're not easy to find: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited
    10-26-15 06:20 PM
    Simple reason, BlackBerry Experience Suite. These services will be offered to all Android devices, not just the PRIV. There is no incentive for BlackBerry to be putting out proprietary stuff when their only goal is to become a software-first company *and* they have already announced the experience suite for both Android and iOS is coming.
    I haven't seen one word from BlackBerry about the Experience Suite since March. They will have to say something soon, though.
    10-26-15 06:22 PM
    But I mean these particular versions... seem locked to only BB Phones at the moment wether through device identifier on google play, or something more deep rooted. I was implying that these particular versions may not run on any old hardware, they might have to release other versions onto the play store in order to do what you're saying
    00stryder likes this.
    10-26-15 06:23 PM
    I tried using an apk downloaded and it doesn't work
    10-26-15 06:25 PM
    But I mean these particular versions... seem locked to only BB Phones at the moment wether through device identifier on google play, or something more deep rooted. I was implying that these particular versions may not run on any old hardware, they might have to release other versions onto the play store in order to do what you're saying
    Those familiar with the ways of Android app updates on GPS say that these type of apps are usually restricted to specific hardware.

As for "other versions" I expect they will be part of subscriptions to all or parts of the BlackBerry Experience Suite.
    10-26-15 06:28 PM
    Neither Snap nor Cobalt can download the APKs.

10-26-15 06:30 PM
    Neither Snap nor Cobalt can download the APKs.

http://i.imgur.com/fJwZF9W.png
    yay
    10-26-15 06:57 PM
    Uhuh.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:04 PM
    BlackBerry did not however say whether it will be free or not. If it is not free then they will probably make it difficult to use without paying.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-26-15 07:25 PM
    I'd be happy to pay for a couple of those apps, including a stand alone Hub too if it's ever offered.
    Hobbes2099 likes this.
    10-26-15 07:31 PM
    BlackBerry did not however say whether it will be free or not. If it is not free then they will probably make it difficult to use without paying.
    Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:31 PM
    This is good news for those opting for cheaper Android devices.
    Uh, no, I'm reasonably sure they have hooked something in their framework that is not in other devices, so you can try it but they won't run.
    10-26-15 08:22 PM
    Also by having it as an APP it exposes what the Priv will do to people searching Apps.

I see this as a win win for BlackBerry. Faster updates and more exposure of the different functions.

PIN 2COF829A
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-26-15 08:30 PM
    Royabsa pointed this out on the CrackBerry article, but it's a great tidbit I don't think many have noticed until now:

Apps on Priv now available in Google Play Store-img_20151026_213720.png

Edit: JK, just read that it's for "notifications" for app access, not actually restricting said access. Darn!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 08:39 PM
    Hub has just popped up . . .

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erry.hub&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited

Apps on Priv now available in Google Play Store-blackberry_androidapps_updated.png
    Last edited by yhamaie; 10-26-15 at 09:45 PM.
    Uzi, BB-JAM215 and 00stryder like this.
    10-26-15 08:54 PM
    The keyboard and the launcher should be available to download on any device. They are not or should not be optimized for only the BlackBerry Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 08:58 PM
    "You can quickly organize and take action on email, text and BBM messages, phone calls, social media notifications, calendar invitations and more –directly from your message list."
    10-26-15 09:05 PM
    BlackBerry is not dumb enough to make these able to run on anything but the Priv folks.

If you think you're going to get be able to get the features of the Priv without buying it I have every reason to believe you're going to be sorely disappointed. All they have to do is check for a PIN which other phones don't have, or (probably more likely) call functions in their custom framework.

You could patch out the PIN check but if they use things in a framework that's only in the Priv the app won't run no matter what you do.
    swaggardo and gvs1341 like this.
    10-26-15 09:08 PM
    yay
    You guys are hilarious. It's Android. Give it a few weeks at most and others will be running these on their Galaxy devices.

BlackBerry is not dumb enough to make these able to run on anything but the Priv folks.

If you think you're going to get be able to get the features of the Priv without buying it I have every reason to believe you're going to be sorely disappointed. All they have to do is check for a PIN which other phones don't have, or (probably more likely) call functions in their custom framework.

You could patch out the PIN check but if they use things in a framework that's only in the Priv the app won't run no matter what you do.
    See above. Embrace Android. It's all fair game now.
    10-26-15 09:09 PM
    Notice it says "500-1000" installs as of now. That's interesting since it was JUST activated on Google Play.
    10-26-15 09:09 PM
    The one that seems interesting to me is "BlackBerry Services". Could this be used to lock down BB's other apps the way Google Play Services is required for many Android apps? Could be a bit of turnabout-is-fair-play.
    10-26-15 09:18 PM
    That's the important link. BlackBerry Camera is also there now. We'll see an update for Blend if it's going to be on Priv at launch, so keep an eye on that link's list of BB Android apps.
    jhimmel likes this.
    10-26-15 09:22 PM
    These icons remind me of Sailfish OS Attachment 377589
    Jolla should sue. That's pretty blatant.
    10-26-15 09:22 PM
    The one that seems interesting to me is "BlackBerry Services". Could this be used to lock down BB's other apps the way Google Play Services is required for many Android apps? Could be a bit of turnabout-is-fair-play.
    Could be... BlackBerry Services is the foundation upon which all of your favorite BlackBerry applications are built. It provides both enhanced security and improved productivity.
    10-26-15 09:27 PM
142 1234 ...