BlackBerry Priv stock apps go up on Google Play ahead of launch | CrackBerry.com

Then again.... maybe not available to any device. So what's the point?
    10-26-15 04:04 PM
    I was hoping they would price the keyboard and hub.
    10-26-15 04:06 PM
    I see and which one of these apps installs on your android device?

:-)
    10-26-15 04:07 PM
    they are just for up-dates for the PRIV

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Not quite. They are device restricted. You'll need a PRIV to download these from the Play Store, otherwise, you will have to get the GsfID and codename of the PRIV device before you can pull these down via APK Downloader. Once they are pulled down, well, then they are available to any device that has developer mode available to allow side-loading.
    southlander likes this.
    Not quite. They are device restricted. You'll need a PRIV to download these from the Play Store, otherwise, you will have to get the GsfID and codename of the PRIV device before you can pull these down via APK Downloader. Once they are pulled down, well, then they are available to any device that has developer mode available to allow side-loading.
    I don't get it. These apps I assume will already be installed on the Priv. Why post it on the Play Store if not to make it available to other Android phones?

Aaaargh! All this does is generate more questions about Blackberry than answers!
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-26-15 04:10 PM
    I don't get it. These apps I assume will already be installed on the Priv. Why post it on the Play Store if not to make it available to other Android phones?

Aaaargh! All this does is generate more questions about Blackberry than answers!
    This is how Google model around system app updates, even Google Play Services (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.gms) is like that. This allows them to push app level updates without going through carriers. I see that as an advantage.
    10-26-15 04:13 PM
    Folks, these apps can only be installed on BlackBerry PRIV. Don't sweat! BlackBerry is not stupid to give their apps free to others.

Posted via CB10 app using the mighty Passport.
    karswarnava likes this.
    10-26-15 04:13 PM
    This is good news for those opting for cheaper Android devices.
    10-26-15 04:14 PM
    We can still look at the app pictures provided to play store.

Here's an interesting one taken from BB launcher app.

Apps on Priv now available in Google Play Store-imageuploadedbycb-forums1445894233.763648.jpg
    10-26-15 04:18 PM
    These icons remind me of Sailfish OS Apps on Priv now available in Google Play Store-imageuploadedbycb-forums1445894482.872047.jpg
    10-26-15 04:21 PM
    This is good news for those opting for cheaper Android devices.
    Indeed. I don't have a PRIV but I will try to pull these down using Snap on BlackBerry 10. I'm curious if it will work. If it does, then all that's left is to let my friend with a Note 4 try these on his device tomorrow
    southlander likes this.
    10-26-15 04:23 PM
    I can confirm that they are device locked. They will not show for my Note 3.

Now once someone rips and posts the .apk files, I'll try sideloading them since it looks like VZW won't be carrying the Priv anytime soon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-26-15 04:28 PM

So BlackBerry can do updates directly rather than wait for the carriers, which is an excellent move.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 04:30 PM
    Is it possible that the apk will do a hardware pin check so even if you get the apk and install it you cannot use the app?
    nick13b, 00stryder and La Emperor like this.
    10-26-15 04:30 PM
    Is it possible that the apk will do a hardware pin check so even if you get the apk and install it you cannot use the app?
    I hope there is
    10-26-15 04:32 PM
    If so, maybe it could be removed with something like Lucky Patcher?
    10-26-15 04:33 PM
    I was wondering the same, but even if there is, I'm sure someone will figure a way to "patch" them to avoid the pin.
    Reminds you of something?

"This app requires BlackBerry Play Services...."
    Lolol!!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 04:38 PM
    Indeed. I don't have a PRIV but I will try to pull these down using Snap on BlackBerry 10. I'm curious if it will work. If it does, then all that's left is to let my friend with a Note 4 try these on his device tomorrow
    If you are able to modify the SNAP device id which I think is some version of Nexus to Priv then you'll be able to see and DL them otherwise you'll have to wait until someone uploads them to some other site.
    10-26-15 05:02 PM
    No, it is not.
    If you are able to modify the SNAP device id which I think is some version of Nexus to Priv then you'll be able to see and DL them otherwise you'll have to wait until someone uploads them to some other site.
    I've noticed that Snap sometimes downloads indiscriminately, as-in it does not care what is the device. Regardless, November 6th is just around the corner. As soon as the PRIV is available for an in-store demo we'll have the GsfID/codename.
    10-26-15 05:15 PM
    Just searched them on my Passport. Can't find them.

EDIT: I should know my Google Play is registered to a Nexus and not my Passport. Of course I can't find them

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 05:51 PM
    Only for the Priv and there is already a thread about this on the Homepage.

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Telus
    10-26-15 05:54 PM
    Folks, these apps can only be installed on BlackBerry PRIV. Don't sweat! BlackBerry is not stupid to give their apps free to others.

Posted via CB10 app using the mighty Passport.
    If its seen as a valuable launcher to have, anyone on Android will be able to obtain it, whether that is through apps that spoof device id to Google play, or a ROM for a device with this launcher cooked in via XDA
    dejanh likes this.
    10-26-15 06:04 PM
    No, it is not.
    How can you be 100% certain? (That's a question btw not a statement )

It would tie in with the security-bootloader-etc stuff they've mentioned on the blogs.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-26-15 06:07 PM
    Just searched them on my Passport. Can't find them.

EDIT: I should know my Google Play is registered to a Nexus and not my Passport. Of course I can't find them

Posted via CB10
    From your Passport long click on the App Link (eg Blackberry Keyboard) then press Open In then chose Snap or Google Play Store whichever you have. The app will then appear.

edit: oops just realized you may not have a google play store on your Passport!
    10-26-15 06:12 PM
142 123 ...