This was from the evleaks thread but I think it should be on its own front and centre to calm some nerves with the out of the box experience and the comment about "big beta for BlackBerry Android".

Quick to judge. Inability to solve but so called excellent professional record.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12034253
    tp2386 and anon4226395 like this.
    11-01-15 09:44 AM
    all androids come with out of the box updates. People who are buying the Priv should educate themselves on the Android OS.
    weezul and Deanig_12 like this.
    11-01-15 09:55 AM
    Yeah was going to say... anything droid is in a constant state of updates... ffs look at your alerts in bb10, most of them are amazon store for the droid apps!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:59 AM
    Now I have a question though, I doubt demo units in store will be set up with a Play account, how would those units get the updates?

This might be a tad bit dangerous to leave demo units with buggy software, when they are supposed to be making first impressions.
    11-01-15 10:02 AM
    Now I have a question though, I doubt demo units in store will be set up with a Play account, how would those units get the updates?

This might be a tad bit dangerous to leave demo units with buggy software, when they are supposed to be making first impressions.
    Maybe that's why when I play with Samsung demos they are laggy and crap to use.
    11-01-15 10:06 AM

Well since demo units never have actual accounts or phone numbers set up, customers won't be able to check much on the Hub etc... to see bugs in the first place lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:07 AM
    Well I guess we can have volunteers to join into a "CrackBerry task force" to set up the units in store with a dummy Google account and update them...
    11-01-15 10:08 AM
    Well I guess we can have volunteers to join into a "CrackBerry task force" to set up the units in store with a dummy Google account and update them...
    Most stores I've been to in malls and strip malls don't even ha e their devices connected to wifi.
    11-01-15 10:09 AM
    Stupid question maybe but... where should we go to get the updates? Google Play or elsewhere? And exactly which apps needs to be updated? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:09 AM
    Stupid question maybe but... where should we go to get the updates? Google Play or elsewhere? And exactly which apps needs to be updated? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Like my htc you get oem apps from the google store. Every week or so apps have updates. Sometimes twice a week.
    11-01-15 10:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    This.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited
    11-01-15 10:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry android apps are already up on the Play Store as individual apps.
    Easy to find and update.

Posted via CB10
    OK thanks

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Its absolutely not a stupid question. Not mentioned in the Privberry thread at all.
    11-01-15 10:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yep, you'll typically update your apps from the play store. You can either choose to update automatically through WiFi or you can decide when and what to update.

As with software updates for the phone, you'll normally get a pop up about a new updates or you usually go to your settings menu and "about phone" or "system updates" to see if there are any new updates.

I normally update my apps individually since I like to read the notes on each up to see what they've updates or what features they've added.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-01-15 10:13 AM
    But do the updates fix the so called duplicate notifications? (hub and android)

That's one thing that I can't see blackberry letting happen on a released device....

"I roll with 2 passports, 1 for travelling and 1 for communicating"
    11-01-15 10:14 AM
    Yep, you'll typically update your apps from the play store. You can either choose to update automatically through WiFi or you can decide when and what to update.

As with software updates for the phone, you'll normally get a pop up about a new updates or you usually go to your settings menu and "about phone" or "system updates" to see if there are any new updates.
    Isn't that method only for OS upgrades?
    11-01-15 10:14 AM
    So the hub update in your link show twitter etc all appearing in the hub image, along with the descriptor referring to all messages incl social media in one place (the hub). So why is privberry not experiencing this?
    11-01-15 10:17 AM
    Isn't that method only for OS upgrades?
    What method? Usually for updating your OS you'll either get a pop up to update, you can go to your settings menu to see if there are any updates or you can manually update by downloading the actually update from xda or somewhere and actually installing it yourself.
    11-01-15 10:17 AM
    But do the updates fix the so called duplicate notifications? (hub and android)

That's one thing that I can't see blackberry letting happen on a released device....

"I roll with 2 passports, 1 for travelling and 1 for communicating"
    They could. I mean that's usually the point of updates, sometimes there's compatibility issues with other devices or some new or added features might actually make things worse.

It's like with video games, video games ship put and before you even get ready to play, there's already an update for that game, probably to fix all the bugs and glitches they were aware of.
    11-01-15 10:21 AM
    all androids come with out of the box updates. People who are buying the Priv should educate themselves on the Android OS.
    that's actually the problem that Android always had... The user has to finish the product after they buy, 90% or more of the consumer aren't tech savys or should never be a "phone expert" to have it's products at 100%. This is where apple does it right, things work great out of the box, you don't need an IT qualification to operate it.

A few years ago you had to download a buch of crap to make Android even worthless to be honest, the OS out of the box was kinda mediocre. Thankfully is much better in the present
    11-01-15 10:32 AM
    that's actually the problem that Android always had... The user has to finish the product after they buy, 90% or more of the consumer aren't tech savys or should never be a "phone expert" to have it's products at 100%. This is where apple does it right, things work great out of the box, you don't need an IT qualification to operate it.

A few years ago you had to download a buch of crap to make Android even worthless to be honest, the OS out of the box was kinda mediocre. Thankfully is much better in the present
    That's not the problem with android that's the problem with everything. Video games, phones, computers, they're always, constantly being updated. That's just how things are nowadays.
    11-01-15 10:38 AM
    That's not the problem with android that's the problem with everything. Video games, phones, computers, they're always, constantly being updated. That's just how things are nowadays.
    I know that. I'm talking about the experience of the product out of the box. If you didn't download anything, iOS used to give you a much better stock experience than Android. A bit like OSX vs Windows, each own to its advantages, but OSX comes standard with a lot more usefull software than windows. Windows is almost useless right after fresh install.

Meanwhile Android evolved a lot, a stock Android has upped their game, and it's a much more complete package.
    MO3iusONE and swaggardo like this.
    11-01-15 10:46 AM
    I know that. I'm talking about the experience of the product out of the box. If you didn't download anything, iOS used to give you a much better stock experience than Android. A bit like OSX vs Windows, each own to its advantages, but OSX comes standard with a lot more usefull software than windows. Windows is almost useless right after fresh install.

Meanwhile Android evolved a lot, a stock Android has upped their game, and it's a much more complete package.
    Yep.. I remember having to download a note taking app, a calculator, a task killer app, and even an Uninstaller app since it was such a pain in the *** to uninstall apps back then.

Now that I think of it.. Android did suck pretty bad back then.
    11-01-15 10:49 AM