I've had a lot of apps on my Priv, which I've had since this phone was released and in the last six weeks or so my phone has become really sluggish with some browser sites and certain applications. Sometimes it was so slow to respond I missed a call that went to answerphone. It would also hang for a few seconds if I pressed the Home button.

So I have been really strict tonight and began uninstalling (and deleting any unused accounts to reduce my data on other sites) to see if I can get some performance back.

I would literally have everything on my phone; from games to the full Adobe suite to every radio and music app you can find and messaging app). A lot of these apps would be put to better use on a second device like an iPad on tablet IMO.

Has anybody else had similar problems?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-10-16 03:45 PM
    Not only did I have CrackBerry and Android Central, but I had the forums equivalent as well. I've now changed that as well.

Other social media sites like pinterest and POF are gone too. Accounts have been closed because I never use them and I can limit my data from being used and potentially sold on.

04-10-16 03:48 PM
    I've had a lot of apps on my Priv, which I've had since this phone was released and in the last six weeks or so my phone has become really sluggish with some browser sites and certain applications. Sometimes it was so slow to respond I missed a call that went to answerphone. It would also hang for a few seconds if I pressed the Home button.

So I have been really strict tonight and began uninstalling (and deleting any unused accounts to reduce my data on other sites) to see if I can get some performance back.

I would literally have everything on my phone; from games to the full Adobe suite to every radio and music app you can find and messaging app). A lot of these apps would be put to better use on a second device like an iPad on tablet IMO.

Has anybody else had similar problems?

It happens - eventually you will settle on the apps you will really use. The good thing is that if you download the apps from the Google Play Store - it keeps a record of the apps that you have downloaded. So you can always go back to a specific app later on.
    04-10-16 03:52 PM
    I had similar issues and then I wiped my phone clean and started fresh. From that day I don't download anything from Google Playstore unless I really need it and if I don't I just delete it immediately. My battery is very sold and it can last a full day with heavy massaging use. (Email, what'sup, Skype and signal) I also view news and crackberry forums all the time.

My advice is to always delete any apps you don't use that often because the chance of not using them is high, which means you can live without them.

Android apps quality are no match to IOS ecosystem. They are much less quality, less tested and unfortunately google allow allow any low quality app to be uploaded.

I wish there is a filter to filter apps based on users ratings. Any app less than 4.0 user rating simply don't display.

04-10-16 04:31 PM
    I recommend flash.bat your phone.... That way the old directories are deleted also. Should clear up any confusion your phone has that causes it to hang.
    04-10-16 04:32 PM
    I wouldn't say I had all apps in the world but I did notice sluggishness and switched to Nova Launcher yesterday.

So far it's been going very smooth.

With your Priv, have you:
    * installed apps on the SD Card? (This can slow down the phone if your card is not suited)
    * tried Greenify? (select apps you don't want to roam around - put a home screen widget to Hibernate + Lock when you want to lock the device)
    * installed Facebook/Messenger?

��� вℓα�квєяяу ρяιν ���
    04-10-16 05:41 PM
    I've gotten so used to having minimal apps in BB10, that I've carried the behaviour over despite there being an array of Apps now available to me.

04-10-16 07:12 PM
    Uninstalled loads a few days ago but I have just disabled a lot of Play apps I never use like Newstand, Music and Games.

Things seem to performing a little better. Battery is still rubbish but I haven't done an OS clean yet.

Looking forward to Marshmallow very soon

04-14-16 09:27 AM
    My advice is to always delete any apps you don't use that often because the chance of not using them is high, which means you can live without them.
    Is there an app that tells you when the last time an app was used, so that say you could uninstall if it shows that an app has not been used for 6 months? lol.
    04-14-16 09:43 AM
    Try Instant by Emberify. I you'll have to buy Pro features to get the enhanced app experience

04-14-16 09:45 AM
    Try All in One Toolbox, should clean out a ton of useless extra junk files from your device. I use it every few days to tidy things up.

04-14-16 11:34 AM