I just got a new PRIV on Saturday. It was set up and I transferred the content from my old Z10. It was all good until Sunday. When I wasn't looking, everything seemed to fall out of it. The wallpaper picture reverted back, the content I had transferred disappeared, contact lists and calendar and photos and everything. I transferred the content again. Now when I open the icon to compose a text message - it's the little orange icon with three dots in a speech bubble - it tells me this app isn't allowed by the content owner. It was yesterday morning, and the last time I looked I was still the device owner. What happened?

Alan
    11-07-16 08:50 AM
    Could it be that you made a new user and switched to it? Try going to Settings > Users to check.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-16 09:29 AM
    I just got a new PRIV on Saturday. It was set up and I transferred the content from my old Z10. It was all good until Sunday. When I wasn't looking, everything seemed to fall out of it. The wallpaper picture reverted back, the content I had transferred disappeared, contact lists and calendar and photos and everything. I transferred the content again. Now when I open the icon to compose a text message - it's the little orange icon with three dots in a speech bubble - it tells me this app isn't allowed by the content owner. It was yesterday morning, and the last time I looked I was still the device owner. What happened?

Alan
    Where do you live?

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067
    0800-141-3330 (UK)
    11-07-16 10:06 AM
    I live in southern Ontario. Now I find out I can only make emergency calls, so I can't phone BB support. May have to go back to the Bell store in the mall.
    11-07-16 10:36 AM
    I live in southern Ontario. Now I find out I can only make emergency calls, so I can't phone BB support. May have to go back to the Bell store in the mall.
    Good luck. The first number is for US/Canada and land line would work.
    11-07-16 10:54 AM
    Swipe down from the top. Press on the user icon in the top righthand corner. Like Mirko said, it sounds as if an extra user was created. I get those sort of messages on my alter ego account.
    11-07-16 11:28 AM
    Swipe down from the top. Press on the user icon in the top righthand corner. Like Mirko said, it sounds as if an extra user was created. I get those sort of messages on my alter ego account.
    If you get these messages, you just need to go to user settings with your "Owner account", press the cogwheel button next to the "alter ego account" and enable calls and SMS there. Of course, if you don't want to disallow them for some reason.
    11-07-16 11:33 AM
    It had something to do with the PIN to unlock the screen. All is good now. Thanks for the quick response.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-16 12:00 PM
    Thanks. I had somehow set up a guest user account. I told him to pack his bags and get out of my phone. He's gone now and I'm glad to be rid of him.
    11-07-16 12:04 PM
    If you get these messages, you just need to go to user settings with your "Owner account", press the cogwheel button next to the "alter ego account" and enable calls and SMS there. Of course, if you don't want to disallow them for some reason.
    Yes, I know how to correct it (thanks, though). I just use my alter ego account to play an extra Sims Freeplay town. ☺

Posted via CB10
    Mirko935 likes this.
    11-07-16 01:06 PM