Hi, I am from Sweden and bought a Priv from UK. Love the phone but have one problem. I am unable to use mobile data abroad.

Been to diffrent countrys last months and everytime I get a message that APN is not possible for this user.

If I try to add manuel APN I can create a new APN and fill in everything. But when I enters a MCC other then 240=sweden it the APN will disiper after I click save. If I fill in Vodafon UK:s APN its no problem, I can fill in everything except MCC. I can save and its there, but as soon as I change MCC and then saves again the APN is gone.

Any advice? Quite disturbing....
    05-06-17 03:16 AM
    First things first... Are you talking about roaming with your phone or using a local SIM card while you're abroad?
    Afaik, if you're roaming, you shouldn't change APNs or anything else, it has to go through your service provider, which I guess is Swedish and that's probably the reason you can't change MCC.

edit: Just tried and if I enter an MCC other than 219 (Croatia) it disappears when it should get saved, just like in your case.
    05-06-17 04:15 AM
    I am talking about Roaming. Never thought about it before on other phones if I got a new "APN" or if I used my Swedish.

I guess I have to contact my currier then to try and resolve it...
    05-06-17 04:45 AM
    Check with your carrier to be certain, but if you're roaming you just go across the border, turn on your data connection (there's a special "Data services while roaming" option which need to be turned on) and that's it. APNs remain the same as when you're "home".
    05-06-17 05:00 AM
    Well, yes thats what I have done All settings on. But I get an error saying no "APN for this profile". If I click on it I get a empty list of APN. But since I am at home I cant take screenshots of it and show you.
    05-06-17 05:50 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, thats more a function of the installed SIM than it is the phone. Most people would be very surprised at the power and control the SIM has over your phone.

If roaming data is enabled on the phone and by your carrier, no change of APN should be necessary. Though you will be restricted to whomever your carrier is partnered with.
    05-06-17 06:49 AM