Hi, my wife's Z10 has finally given up the ghost. I'm doing a Z10 backup and want to try and move the data over is that possible? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 09:38 PM
    You can transfer some data but it is not a straight-up migration that we were accustomed to in the past. Some people have had success with the migration tool while others had to factory reset their BlackBerry Priv due to issues post data migration.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    05-29-16 09:46 PM
    So if I hear you right, it is possible, but challenging. Can I connect the Priv and try to import or what? How do I get the BlackBerry backup file to load up on to the Priv? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 09:52 PM
    If she used Gmail and synced Contacts and calendar, then she merely have to setup the gmail account and other items in the Hub on the priv (or use the separate gmail app - don't do both).

Or, if the Z10 is not quite dead, she can use the Content Transfer app that is in both BB World and the Google Play store to move stuff across. Using Content Transfer, Data can be copied to sd card or google drive as the intermediary. I used it for Remember to Notes and for my limited Text messages. I don't believe that the backup file can be used in any direct fashion. BB Link does not support the Priv.

edited for some clarity.
    Last edited by F2; 05-29-16 at 11:38 PM.
    05-29-16 10:13 PM
    F2 thanks. You say you copied the Content Transfer app to the SD card as in the APK then install from there? Thanks F2!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 10:32 PM
    F2 thanks. You say you copied the Content Transfer app to the SD card as in the APK then install from there? Thanks F2!

Posted via CB10
    No, you install the Content Transfer app on both the BB10 device, in this case, the Z10, if possible, and on the Priv. The version on the Z10 will provide options for where to store the data. Then on the Priv you run it again and tell it where to find that data. The Content Transfer app is available in BB10's BBWorld for the Z10 and available from the Google Playstore for the Priv.

I hope that the Z10 is not totally dead. Now, if it is, you might be able to find a cheap Z10 where you might be able to restore the old Z10's backup.

It probably sounds more complex than it is.

Good luck.
    05-29-16 11:37 PM