I have numerous issues regarding the pic they both shown at MWC.
    1. How to type in landscape mode? Does it have touchscreen keyboard?
    2. How to switch app while in landscape mode? It is curved edges so swiping won't be possible right!
    3. How to hold it? It looks very big when the keyboard is slide out.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 10:01 AM
    2. How to switch app while in landscape mode? It is curved edges so swiping won't be possible right!
    3. How to hold it? It looks very big when the keyboard is slide out.

Posted via CB10
    1. Yes there should be a vkb option to turn on on several cases.
    2. Swipe long up should park an app.
    3. The screen slides out so its bottom heavy and should be comfortable enough to hold.

The final "titan edge" will have some mechanical surprises, a rotatable screen perhaps? Well see.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 10:14 AM
    Maybe instead of issues it should concerns.

This device caters to Slider fans and to those that like somewhat large screen and still have a physical keyboard to use for long messages.

It doesn't cater to touchscreen only users, but many used the Torch's as touch screen only when their keyboard failed (know at least two that did personally. That's not to say that it is prone to failure, they got their phones wet.

Surely they will have virtual keyboards as in past times with slider form factor.

As for the images you saw, that was more a teaser, like movie teasers often have little to do with the actual product except to let you know it's coming.

Don't worry yourself with possible concers, try it, if you don't like it, get something else.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 10:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, there's something I didn't think about. This make me pretty confident that a virtual keyboard will be offered when the slider isn't slid open.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 01:05 PM
    The torch has a vkb why wouldn't this?
    03-12-15 01:11 PM
    The one thing I am concerned about is the cases that will be offered. I personally like the Otterbox Commuter case on my Z30, which offers good protection with minimal bulk. Sliders are tricky...

Posted via CB10 on Z30 (Telus)
    03-12-15 02:04 PM
    This device caters to Full Touch Fans and QWERTY physical keyboard fans. This accomplishes the best of both worlds.
    With a Virtual Keyboard and a Physical Keyboard. What is there not to like? A plain old full touch is not distinguished within the industry. BlackBerry's image is not where its suppose to be, so a normal high end Full Touch may not gain enough traction.
    I still prefer a choice between a Full Touch and a Slider. Many Z10 and Z30 owners looking for full touch upgrades. But I understand the decision for a Slider phone.

I am sure there will be many varieties of cases for this Slider. Probably some that will just make the device feel like a full touch and prevent the physical keyboard from sliding out. Such as a rubber sleeve to keep it nice and tucked in.
    03-12-15 09:35 PM
    My only problem is the double-typing on their pkb. If this has the same issue then I think it failed us pkb diehards.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-14-15 01:46 PM
    The one thing I am concerned about is the cases that will be offered. I personally like the Otterbox Commuter case on my Z30, which offers good protection with minimal bulk. Sliders are tricky...

Posted via CB10 on Z30 (Telus)
    Every slider case I've ever tried has been crap. The little square frame piece that's made to go around the screen never holds up and always breaks if the phone is bumped at all. And now on this with the curved screen it will be nearly impossible to case it.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 02:22 PM
    I've never used a case on my bbry's. I'm a mechanic and fairly rough. I've dropped them many times onto concrete floors and never damaged the screens or the slider mech in the torch. So a case is not that important to me, as they seem to be fairly sturdy phones.

Posted via CB10
    Eduard Pertinez likes this.
    03-14-15 03:20 PM
    I've never used a case on my bbry's. I'm a mechanic and fairly rough. I've dropped them many times onto concrete floors and never damaged the screens or the slider mech in the torch. So a case is not that important to me, as they seem to be fairly sturdy phones.

Posted via CB10
    Other than chipping up the bezel on my Torch I never had that problem either. If I get this I won't case it.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 09:53 PM
    My only problem is the double-typing on their pkb. If this has the same issue then I think it failed us pkb diehards.

I am not understanding the issue about double typing? I have a Q5 and I've yet to experience this double typing issue? Lets say you?
    03-15-15 10:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry devices are well designed. If and when you drop them, by mistake or on purpose, they land in a way to prevent the screen from cracking and/or from causing major damage. I've seen iPhones dropped by mistake, like slip out of people's hands in Star Bucks for example, and guess what, Screen Shatters/Cracks. lol, just shows you who does a better design job on there phones.
    03-15-15 10:33 PM
    Other than chipping up the bezel on my Torch I never had that problem either. If I get this I won't case it.

Posted via CB10
    One of the best things about the slider is that it acts as its own case for the keyboard. The hardest thing to protect on a phone with a physical keyboard are the buttons. The slider form solves this problem.

It will most definitely have a virtual keyboard as well. There is zero chance that it won't. It should also work in landscape mode though I am not in the least worried about that. I never typed on my Z phones with the keyboard in landscape mode.

The only real concern for me is that this device won't be here soon enough! Although, it gives me more time for my love affair with the amazing Passport.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-15-15 10:38 PM
    I'm nervous about those chic-let looking keys. I hope they end up sticking to the traditional squared qwerty keys with frets. The picture looks very T mobile G-1ish.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 01:51 PM
    I am not understanding the issue about double typing? I have a Q5 and I've yet to experience this double typing issue? Lets say you?
    I believe that it is mainly affecting the Q10 and the Classic. I used the Torch 9800 for two years with no issues.

03-18-15 01:56 PM
    I believe that it is mainly affecting the Q10 and the Classic. I used the Torch 9800 for two years with no issues.

Yea I've had Bold/Curve/Torch keyboards with no issues. Just stay away from Q10 style keyboard and they'll be fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:16 PM