Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
05-02-16 09:19 PM
69 123
tools
    I'm thinking about making the switch. I would love to get the Vienna but the wait might be long.

Did anyone switch from Passport to Priv? How was it in term of form factor?
    02-27-16 11:08 AM
    Did it.

Muscle memory for the keyboard took a little while to rewrite, but all in all I'd never go back to the Passport. I'd rather pick and choose the apps I want on the Play Store instead of complaining that BlackBerry didn't pick and choose them for me. Plus, the 16:9 screen makes watching videos less awkward.

The sole thing I miss is Blend. That's it.
    02-27-16 11:17 AM
    I did. No real issues. The pkb is smaller than the Passport's, but I was used to that after a couple of days. There are pros and cons to all devices. Right now, the Priv suits me better.
    02-27-16 11:18 AM
    I did. The Passport felt a bit sturdier since isn't a slider a battery life was better aswell. But I don't regret at all
    02-27-16 11:20 AM
    I did but switched back to my Passport SE as my main phone because I like the wide screen format better and it feels much more solid. I still carry my Priv as well for the apps.
    02-27-16 11:51 AM
    Switched from PP to Priv. Kept the PP for awhile in case I would switch back. But now will sell the PP, not going back. Keyboard took a little getting used to, but I'm there now. Blend needs to come hopefully and BBM needs more updates but I can wait.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-27-16 11:57 AM
    Making the transition from Passport to Priv was a positive experience. I still miss a few things like the "real Hub" and BBM video, but otherwise a great move.
    02-27-16 12:01 PM
    yes I did and went back to my passport
    02-27-16 12:15 PM
    I am a loooong time Blackberry user and an independent project management consultant that relies heavily on a functional and versatile mobile business platform. At first release I transitioned from the Passport to the Priv as many of the services that were available in Android were unfortunately missing from BB10. However going on 4 months into the transition I still find myself challenged with the functionality of the Priv, particularly as the Content Transfer was less than acceptable and the key functions - HUB, Contacts, Calendar and Notes, remain awkward and duplicitous. I am still find myself having to manually change many of my contacts due to incorrect telephone and email data and have been embarrassed on more than one occassion - thinking I was calling one client and getting another. I am an avid reader of the Android Forums and some of the advice offered is exceptional. However the key functions previously mentioned have yet to be resolved by the BB team and at times, despite my desire to use Android as my daily driver, I find myself drawn back to the Passport and BB10. Given the cost of acquiring the Priv I am not prepared to abandon just yet but the temptation looms and I certainly look forward to BB offering significant upgrades before total frustration sets in.
    tazcubed likes this.
    02-27-16 01:19 PM
    I did and I love the priv

02-27-16 01:30 PM
    i did, but few things am missing, like Hub flow, non stop youtube, simple clock, PKB experience, etcc but overall all it's unique device, love the design and slide out ...

02-27-16 01:48 PM
    Did it at mid of December and I have been very satisfied ! There was a learning curve for me for about two weeks to learn and get used of the new OS. Many people complain about the physical keyboard but I found it absolutely good, needed only a couple of days to write as fast as on my passport. Go ahead and you will not regret it !
    02-27-16 01:50 PM
    I'm thinking about making the switch. I would love to get the Vienna but the wait might be long.

Did anyone switch from Passport to Priv? How was it in term of form factor?
    I moved from Passport to the Priv. Had little issues initially getting accustomed to the PKB. But now all OK. Initially I felt awkward as I had never tried android. But now all very good. Priv is a super phone . Lots of apps . No lagging, no overheating. The Hub is in the evolution stage and I hope sooner it will mature to BlackBerry 10 legendary hub. I have no regrets at all. IMHO the the android is a complete OS .

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    02-27-16 02:13 PM
    I just moved from the square passport to the T-Mobile Priv, and I'm satisfied enough, I knew what kind of phone I was about to buy, didn't buy it for the hub or bb10, mainly for android and the bb logo on the front and back
    02-27-16 02:32 PM
    Yes the HUB is much better on the Passport, but would not go back, apps, Google integration and the camera top things for me

02-27-16 03:00 PM
    I did it too, and I like the Priv a lot. It does solve a lot of the issues that I had with apps on BB10. I don't need many apps, but there are a few that I like to use and they either did not work at all, or lost some functionality on BB10.

That said, most of my phone use is for 'traditional' communication - calls, texts, emails. When it comes to the last two, I sometimes miss my Passport and that lovely keyboard. I'm getting faster and faster on the Priv one, but it just doesn't feel as nice as the Passport one.

I still occasionally switch back to my Passport, and I enjoy it when I do use it. However, the periods of use of my Passport are dwindling as the Priv becomes second nature to me.
    02-27-16 03:01 PM
    Add me to the list.
    Moved from Passport SE to Priv and I'm loving every minute of it. It's what BlackBerry should be.
    Let's face it, if u JUST need a work horse, stick to Classic or Passport.
    But if you need an all rounder that keeps up with the latest multimedia tech and apps....the Priv is awesome.

Highly recommended.

02-27-16 03:10 PM
    I would even use pure Google on the priv if I could, keeping only the virtual keyboard
    02-27-16 03:32 PM
    Slim port!!! My nexus 6 had no hdmi output
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone moved from Passport to Priv?-10147.jpg  
    02-27-16 03:50 PM
    Yep, used the black original Passport and then the SE for about a year. On the Priv now since January. Loving it!

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    02-27-16 04:08 PM
    I made the switch from the Passport and I don't miss it at all. My transition was seamless. The single thing I miss is the solid feel of the Passport. The Passport was my favorite device of all time. It's been supplanted by the Priv.

Posted using my favorite BlackBerry of all time - Priv.
    02-27-16 07:41 PM
    Me too. Loved my Passport, but sticking with the Priv!

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    02-27-16 07:46 PM
    I will second some of the issues over moving contacts to the Priv.

I would say I loved the Passport for the screen, the battery life, Hub, Contacts, Calendar and BB10. I've said the only true mistake was that they did a hybrid keyboard that would have done better with a full keyboard like the Priv. Blend and the desktop truly made it a complete package - if it weren't for the lack of apps on BB10.

The Priv is middling. I'm waiting to see if Marshmallow brings anything significant - I don't think Lollipop is refined. I miss BB10 for a lot - it was a far better base to work from. Profiles are not here - it sucks to not have an easy way to adjust notifications and such. The curved edge is interesting at first blush, but in the end it's a royal pain. When picking up the phone I constantly have to type in "blackberry" as I've made 5 "attempts" to log in. I also tend to get a lot of app startup because they are where I wrap my fingers around the screen. The power button should really be on top so that a tap can shut off a notification when in a holster. I get about 6 hours of life on the Priv. If you get one, get a quick charger - it makes a difference.

Also, both devices should have their weight a little more towards the bottom somehow. That said, because of the touch keyboard, editing anything typed is easier and better than on the Passport and Priv any other device - hands down.

It seems to me that every Blackberry has a quirk that holds it back. Perhaps they should pick some diehard fans to do some testing and provide feedback.

Posted via the Priv, unless by Passport or laptop or something else...
    BigAl_BB9900 and Gordash like this.
    02-27-16 07:54 PM
    I did. No issues moving from Passport to Priv. It was a smooth transition for me.

02-27-16 07:57 PM
    Took a few days to learn the keyboard but it's a great phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for BlackBerry Priv
    02-27-16 08:11 PM
69 123