I ran across this story. Check out the price. Makes the Priv sound like small change. How secure it is compared to BlackBerry phones. BlackBerry was strangely missing from the write up where other secure phones were mentioned. The $20,000 mobile: Sirin's 'Rolls-Royce of smartphones' to come with military-grade security | Myinforms
    05-31-16 07:35 PM
    The Verge was not impressed. They mention Knox and the Priv a couple of times as more reasonable alternatives.
    05-31-16 07:44 PM
    The Verge was not impressed. They mention Knox and the Priv a couple of times as more reasonable alternatives.
    Gotta love it. The Verge article is a good promotion for the Priv as a reasonable and (much) less expensive alternative. Speaking of the Priv & security, and the end to end solution BlackBerry wants to promote, the WatchDox app showed up with the Marshmallow update I got yesterday. (If it was on the Priv before I do not remember noticing it.). There was also an update for the app waiting in Play Store.
    05-31-16 10:11 PM
    Gotta love it. The Verge article is a good promotion for the Priv as a reasonable and (much) less expensive alternative. Speaking of the Priv & security, and the end to end solution BlackBerry wants to promote, the WatchDox app showed up with the Marshmallow update I got yesterday. (If it was on the Priv before I do not remember noticing it.). There was also an update for the app waiting in Play Store.
    I don't know.. they trashed it fairly thoroughly last time.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    05-31-16 10:24 PM
    I don't know.. they trashed it fairly thoroughly last time.
    That is what makes the current article so ironic.
    06-01-16 12:46 AM
    Same.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-01-16 06:59 AM
    It runs a "version" of Android, so app avilablity might not be equal to full Google Play. But then full Google Play could be a security risk all it's own, if the user isn't careful in what they install.

Makes those Porsche Design BlackBerry look like a bargain.

If they had done a Porsche Design Passport, and included BES and Secursmart... I imagine it would do much the same for far less.
    06-02-16 03:12 PM
    On the topic of "secure phones"... anyone remember this?

You Probably Don't Remember The Turing Phone, But It Still Hasn't Shipped, Is Now Many Months Late

I remember so many BB10 diehards say they rather get this.
    06-02-16 03:27 PM
    On the topic of "secure phones"... anyone remember this?

You Probably Don't Remember The Turing Phone, But It Still Hasn't Shipped, Is Now Many Months Late

I remember so many BB10 diehards say they rather get this.
    It was expected. This is the third fail launch for that project formerly known as the Quasar. The only good thing I can say about Turing was the demo phones looked nice. Solarin looks like costume jewely.
    06-02-16 03:59 PM