I can not figure out the pattern here. Some of my SMS conversations show contact names but most do not. It does not seem to be related to whether they have an email, gmail, formatting of phone number.

My google contacts is EMPTY. I do not use google contacts. When I use 'Messenger' for SMS all the names show up; I assume they are sourced from my office 365 account in Contacts.

The weird thing is, in a conversation, if I select the 'People & Options' menu item, then click on them under People in this conversation, it correctly brings up that persons contact information from my address book, but not their name. From that screen if I choose 'Edit Contact', it takes me to the contact editor, which DOES have their correct name!

I have tried reinstalling the app, switching default SMS apps, tweaking phone number formatting, etc.

I would really like to get on the hangouts bandwagon, but SMS integration is key. I really don't need another one.... whatsapp, bbm, sms, skype, etc.
    03-04-16 10:46 PM