Does anyone own both devices? If you already own the 6p is it worth it to buy a Priv too, besides the fact that the Priv has a physical KB?
    11-15-15 04:08 PM
    I chose Nexus cause it has the new Marshmallow.

The biggest pain with the phone is the physical location of volume & power button. The spot is where I would like to handle the phone. So for me it's awkward to hold.

I miss the Hub. But not if it is full of bugs like in the Priv. On the Nexus I have replaced the stock browser, messenger, pic album app, & contacts. There are far better ones on the g-play store.

Finally, I like the look & feel of the stock keyboard! When you press there is a slight vibration on the phone as feedback of pressing a key. It feels like pressing on hard keys! And the letter pressed also gets larger for a microsecond telling you what you or chose. Of course it has its own predictive word. Finally the '&' character is found with only 1 press of the shift key. It takes 2 presses on BB10. That's a pain.

BB10 is Dead
    Last edited by 6stringriffs; 11-15-15 at 06:41 PM.
    11-15-15 05:17 PM
    I chose Nexus cause it has the new Marshmallow.

I miss the Hub. But not if it is full of bugs like in the Priv. I have replaced the stock browser, messenger, pic album app, & contacts. There are far better ones on the g-play store.

BB10 is Dead
    It's interesting that your major complaints are both with the software, which will be upgraded in the future. Most flagship phones will be upgraded to Marshmallow in the coming months including the Priv. I'm sure Hub updates will come periodically.

After a few days with my Priv, I think the hardware is excellent. I was never a fan of BlackBerry before the Priv, but I'm a fan now.
    11-15-15 05:37 PM
    I have the nexus 6p my priv shipped yesterday due Tuesday to arrive. Originally I ordered the PRIV and then the nexus 6p when I realized that pre order meant not getting the PRIV on release day . anyway the nexus 6p is awesome and to me the best phone on Android right now. The build quality is great all around, the camera is great and no bugs marsmellow performs great battery lasting a day and a half with about 4hr screen time for me . I only hope the priv is as good I know its not better I will know more Tuesday and post a update.
    11-15-15 05:48 PM
    I have both. The size is comparable, they are the same width. Although the Priv is easier to handle as its grippier. The hardware quality is night and day though. The 6P is far more premium, the Priv shell is loose and clicky. The screen on the 6P is far better, having a greater range of brightness (low and high) and overall better quality (my Priv may be faulty, its especially grainy). The camera is far better on the 6P (front and back), both in terms of speed and quality, especially speed. The 6P is faster, cheaper and more up to date.

However my heart really wants to prefer the Priv as I've been pining after it for months. Yes the software is buggy but that will improve, the additions by BB are great. Hub, productivity edge, pop up widgets, advanced interactions, VKB. The hardware keyboard is a truly unique proposition and I really enjoy typing on it, although I'm faster on the VKB. I just feel that they need to get the hardware teething problems out of the way and get the software in check.

And as much as I thought it wouldn't bother me, the front facing camera is barely usable. I rarely use it, perhaps video calling when I'm away from my kids, and it serves its purpose. But every now and again my kids will play and take photos of themselves (2 and 4 years old) and the photos are all trash. Such a shame.
    11-15-15 06:03 PM
    Watching this thread to get perspective on both...
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-15-15 06:23 PM
    The physical location of the volume & power buttons is really a big mistake. If the LG V10 was running Marshmallow I woulda chosen that one instead.

BB10 is Dead
    11-15-15 06:40 PM
    The physical location of the volume & power buttons is really a big mistake. If the LG V10 was running Marshmallow I woulda chosen that one instead.

BB10 is Dead
    Why would you let that sway you since the V10 will have Marshmallow by year end?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 09:19 PM
    Aye, these are the two phones I'm considering. Pre-ordered the 6P and canceled when it wouldn't arrive quickly. Got the priv coming in Tuesday, will soon evaluate.

11-15-15 09:42 PM
    Why would you let that sway you since the V10 will have Marshmallow by year end?

Empty promises. It will be there on the V10 when it gets installed. Exactly when is not promised. I'm not waiting forever. I want it now.
    11-15-15 10:49 PM
    Does anyone own both devices? If you already own the 6p is it worth it to buy a Priv too, besides the fact that the Priv has a physical KB?
    I purchased both at the same time. We'll I got the 6p couple week before the Priv. Just as one of the posters mentioned the 6p has the most awkward placement of the volume rocker that it was pretty much a deal breaker. I also dropped it due to its real slippery build. I've never dropped a phone previously and ive owner pretty much every iPhone.

Besides it was an almost identical experience software wise but with the Priv you get those blackberry features.

I haven't missed marshmallow at all really.

Having the physical keyboard is a bonus for sure but I'm also a huge fan of BlackBerry vkb.

6P is prolly my second fav phone behind the priv right now but I ultimately opted for the Priv as I was bored of the same glass slab experience
    11-15-15 10:57 PM
    I have had my Nexus 6p for a while and I like it as an Android phone. Between email widgets and BBM widgets and with reports that the hub still feels like a beta-ish app I think I will stay with the 6p since a physical kb isn't important to me, 6p is $200 cheaper, I am happy with the 6 p's camera and that I have great reception with the 6p. As much as I want to buy it, I just can't justify dropping over $760 for the phone.
    11-17-15 12:28 PM
    Typing this now on the priv and I'm thinking do I return this and get the nexus now....

I am disappointed with the build quality.

11-17-15 12:32 PM