Need to show to a friend the comparison of the physical keyboard only. Meanwhile im still searching for some pics.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-26-15 12:53 PM
    You mean a picture? Or the experience?

I'm just typing on my Q10 and for me it's superior cause the one on the priv is quite small

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 04:00 PM
    Yeah I meant pictures

12-26-15 04:09 PM
    Btw I love the Q10 keyboard.

Posted via Q10Bold
    12-26-15 04:12 PM
    I'll get it to you in about an hour, Q10 is in my car.

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    12-26-15 04:25 PM

Here you go ...

Q10 is taller but Priv is wider. I prefer the Priv, just takes some time getting used to. Swipe gestures make it much easier to use, but even without the gestures it's still as good as any BlackBerry keyboard I've used.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone has Priv vs Q10 keyboard comparison?-14831.jpg  
    12-26-15 06:22 PM

Thank you! And from your post and opinion my friend just ordered the priv online.

12-26-15 08:37 PM
    Thank you! And from your post and opinion my friend just ordered the priv online.

Happy to help!

12-26-15 10:23 PM
    Hopefully on the Priv 2 they add metal frets and increase the size of the keys a little more. Then it would be perfect imo. It would also be great if they made the keys less soft and more clicky like on the passport

Sent from my Passport
    Jonneh likes this.
    12-27-15 01:01 AM
    I have too

Posted via my Priv by BlackBerry
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone has Priv vs Q10 keyboard comparison?-41908.jpg  
    Essoo likes this.
    12-27-15 02:23 AM
    I'm coming from three previous Q10's and one of the biggest things I miss is the "clickety-clack" of the keys. My Priv seems much more subdued. It also took me a while to get used to typing on the more compact keyboard but I think I've become quite adept after a month of use. The smart aspect of the keys is just brilliant, as well -- saves a lot of touching the screen itself.

Jonneh likes this.
    12-27-15 04:37 AM
    Now that I have seen the keyboard comparison, why didn't BlackBerry use all of the space available on the Priv. I meant, there is still space below our keyboard now right? This would have silenced the critics which are saying that the keyboard is too crowded.
    12-27-15 08:11 AM
    Now that I have seen the keyboard comparison, why didn't BlackBerry use all of the space available on the Priv. I meant, there is still space below our keyboard now right? This would have silenced the critics which are saying that the keyboard is too crowded.

The Priv and the Q10 are really similar..

Posted via my Priv by BlackBerry
    12-27-15 08:42 AM
    Every time BlackBerry releases a new physical keyboard phone the critics come out because of the new design of the keyboard. I remember when the Q10 received criticism for the frets being in straight lines, but everyone learned to love it. Trust me, the Priv keyboard sits really nicely in your hands after a while (I've had it since launch) and is the best keyboard I've used from BlackBerry (I've never tried the Passport).

The keyboard is not the problem on this phone, it's the solution.

12-27-15 02:15 PM
    It's not empty space, their are components underneath.

Kinda like why on the Q10 the spacebar and that row isn't on the chin of the phone

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 03:13 PM
    are the Q10 & Classic keyboards the same? They look very similar.
    12-27-15 03:26 PM
    Every time BlackBerry releases a new physical keyboard phone the critics come out because of the new design of the keyboard. I remember when the Q10 received criticism for the frets being in straight lines, but everyone learned to love it. Trust me, the Priv keyboard sits really nicely in your hands after a while (I've had it since launch) and is the best keyboard I've used from BlackBerry (I've never tried the Passport).

The keyboard is not the problem on this phone, it's the solution.

I know. I am also using it. I came from the Passport so I sensed the difference. And the difference is huge. It doesn't necessarily mean that it is bad or something. It's not. It's just totally different from Passport. Passport keyboard is so spacey, and it needs a bit more force to press the keys. The first time I used the Passport, after using the Z30, I feel that I get more tired easily when I'm typing on the Passport. But over time, I get used to it and coming to love it so much.

Now that I'm used to the Passport keyboard, I feel that the keyboard feels shallow, and the first time I use the Priv, I very often pressed my key twice because I always felt that I haven't pressed the keys. Lol. And yeah, after coming from Passport, I can feel that the keyboard feels a bit cramped. I am having small fingers, being Asian, so I can imagine that some people can complain about it.

But again, all that aside, I like the keyboard, and it is certainly not bad. I love my Priv. . If only the battery can last as long as the Passport, it would be a perfect device. Let's hope Marshmallow can give that!
    12-27-15 05:29 PM
    I know. I am also using it. I came from the Passport so I sensed the difference. And the difference is huge. It doesn't necessarily mean that it is bad or something. It's not. It's just totally different from Passport. Passport keyboard is so spacey, and it needs a bit more force to press the keys. The first time I used the Passport, after using the Z30, I feel that I get more tired easily when I'm typing on the Passport. But over time, I get used to it and coming to love it so much.

Now that I'm used to the Passport keyboard, I feel that the keyboard feels shallow, and the first time I use the Priv, I very often pressed my key twice because I always felt that I haven't pressed the keys. Lol. And yeah, after coming from Passport, I can feel that the keyboard feels a bit cramped. I am having small fingers, being Asian, so I can imagine that some people can complain about it.

But again, all that aside, I like the keyboard, and it is certainly not bad. I love my Priv. . If only the battery can last as long as the Passport, it would be a perfect device. Let's hope Marshmallow can give that!
    Agree 100% on the battery

12-27-15 08:14 PM
    are the Q10 & Classic keyboards the same? They look very similar.
    The classic is just bigger than the q10, the layout etc. Is the same.

I had the Q10 and use classic now- the classic is much more roomy than the q10 and I felt the keyboard, trackpad and larger screen were worth it- my classic has double type issues however and my q10 did not.

I used a live priv demo for a good bit, while smaller than classic- it felt (as u can see) a smidge bigger than the q10 and just as nice to type on.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 10:09 PM