When I switch the Blackberry Launcher to the "Dark" theme on my Blackberry Priv I have started to experience slower response and freezing as well as lagging. Is anyone else experiencing this?? If so, any solutions to this??
    12-02-16 02:31 PM
    When I switch the Blackberry Launcher to the "Dark" theme on my Blackberry Priv I have started to experience slower response and freezing as well as lagging. Is anyone else experiencing this?? If so, any solutions to this??
    My suggestion will be to roll back and uninstall the app updates and update again, it should work.
    12-02-16 04:53 PM
    So far so good. I just changed to the black theme today. Everything is working like normal and looks very good.
    12-02-16 05:27 PM
    First let me commend you on your thread title. You obviously have a problem and requesting help/advice or trying to determine cause and seeking common experiences from others, rather than using a title such as "The BB Launcher Has Lag Issues" or some such and implying in your post that EVERYONE'S BB Launcher is lagging or has issues, it's BB's fault and you're done with BB . You very effectively indicate that YOU have a problem and want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing, period. Very appropriately done.

As to your post, I updated a couple of days ago and switched to Dark as well with no issues. Updates and downloaded files can easily be corrupted during the process due to signal problems or even preexisting phone problems. As indicated in this forum, several actions have resolved update related issues. Sometimes it's an errant app causing the problem, and sometimes it IS a buggy update.

I recommend in order if not already done, a simple restart, a hard reset, an update rollback and lastly a deletion of the app and re-download.

I have been fortunate in not having update or download related issues on the last three BB phones I've owned and related or not, I have a practice of doing a restart of my phone before and after each update or download, just to help insure things are in good order and my ram is up before the update. Possibly just coincidence, but I don't think so. Regardless, I'll continue the practice.

Let us know what resolves the problem for you. Good luck.
    12-03-16 05:25 PM
    Mine lags as well. And I have updated the phone practically with no apps. Yet still it lags when I use dark theme.
    01-15-17 10:45 PM
    I don't use the BlackBerry Launcher anymore, but I haven't noticed any lag with the 'Dark' theme either.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 11:27 PM
    Mine will start to lag and stutter when the launcher is set to Dark theme. Switching to Light then back to Dark will smooth it out for a day or two.
    01-16-17 07:55 AM