Mines shutting down

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Priv
    jfalkingham likes this.
    09-05-16 05:01 PM
    I still get the heating problem from time to time. It's definitely not as bad as before, but it still does it.

Priv running 6.0.1 on TMO
    09-05-16 07:45 PM
    No issues here. Warmed up out of startup when it updated to MM. I went thru and updated all the BlackBerry apps one at a time. Since then I haven't been installing more than one or two apps at a time and I don't have any problems with it getting hot. It gets warm on occasion, but not hot. And no messages that it needs to cool itself down.

I played with a demo at the store maybe 6 months ago and that thing got hot just playing around with the OS and not really doing anything, so I do have a reference point. That was an att carrier locked phone on LP and mine is a factory unlocked on MM. So maybe the MM and lack of carrier bloatware really helps?

Getting a SIM tomorrow, so will see if that changes anything once it gets connected to the mobile network.

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    09-05-16 08:59 PM
    Yeah. Mine still heats up. Mine is warm right now just reading through the CB forum. Very irritating.
    09-05-16 11:33 PM
    No I'm not thank you. My STV100-4 performance is fine.
    09-06-16 03:49 AM
    Mine has been behaved on this issue for some time. I recently purchased a car, however, that has a wireless charging pad. I generally charge with a quick charger at home with no issues.

The wireless charging pad in my car, however, gets the priv pretty toasty, to the point that I get the warning that the phone is "protecting itself by cooling down".

Not a big deal for me, but, that's when I still am having heating issues.
    I've read that wireless charging is energy-inefficient and the wasted energy shows up as heat. Try a hard wired connection in the car, it's almost certainly quicker as well as cooler.
    09-06-16 03:54 AM
    Heating issue is very prominent when device is in use even after updating OS to newest build AAG199 and all apps up-to-date. when it is not in use, no heating at all. very well taken care. Camera and GMap uses maximum battery and makes device very hot. blackberry should attempt to optimize apps for battery. Just released Duo is also making device hot even after using 4-5 min.
    09-06-16 06:14 AM
    Heating issue is very prominent when device is in use even after updating OS to newest build AAG199 and all apps up-to-date. when it is not in use, no heating at all. very well taken care. Camera and GMap uses maximum battery and makes device very hot. blackberry should attempt to optimize apps for battery. Just released Duo is also making device hot even after using 4-5 min.
    Same here. It's only with battery intensive apps like maps and pokemon go. Snapchat also intermittently to heats it up too. I've never heard of users complaining about a phone heating up as much as I've heard about the Priv. It's weird.

Priv running 6.0.1 on TMO
    09-06-16 06:53 AM
    I've never heard of users complaining about a phone heating up as much as I've heard about the Priv.
    Have you looked? Page after page of heating on Android, along with 'cures' and advice, across all brands and most models. Only commonality seems to be bigger HD screens and the more powerful processors.
    Mine went into'cooling mode' for only the 2nd time yesterday. After a couple hours in the direct midday sun, with ambient right around 100F.
    09-07-16 06:33 AM
    Have you looked? Page after page of heating on Android, along with 'cures' and advice, across all brands and most models. Only commonality seems to be bigger HD screens and the more powerful processors.
    Mine went into'cooling mode' for only the 2nd time yesterday. After a couple hours in the direct midday sun, with ambient right around 100F.
    I meant Blackberry phones.
    09-07-16 10:53 AM
    Since installing the latest autoloader to my unlocked ATT Priv, it is quite warm most of the time. The battery is also discharging insanely fast. After turning it on 3 hours ago, I am now at 53%. Just emails and cbc news online.
    09-07-16 11:17 AM
    Same thing, got a Priv on Aug 11th, overheating and going to protection mode constantly.. Put it back in the box and selling it. Got another phone on August 19, after 13 years of Blackberry.

Mind you that the Priv is a nice piece of equipment, slider is useless for banging out emails with the tiny keys.
    09-07-16 11:21 AM
    An iphone user had mine fooling around with and she asked why is it so warm? She loved it though. Immediately called her phone guy about one.
    With normal use I sometimes feel it gets warm, but not hot. I notice the warmth when using Instagram. Not sure if anyone else notices this with that app. I watched a video on youtube and no heating at all.
    Battery is good so far and I really don't see any correlation between it getting warm and an increase in battery. With my Classic when it heats up, you see an immediate dropping of the battery.
    09-07-16 01:04 PM
    I meant Blackberry phones.
    Priv is Android, comparing it to previous BB's is meaningless, IMO.
    09-08-16 06:41 AM
39 12