I for one love my Priv. Yes it has it's problems but honestly what product doesn't?

I would love to see TCL or any other company make a Priv 2 with the same sliding form factor + upgraded hardware specs + removable battery

Hardware Specs
    · A fast chipset like snap dragon 835 or newer
    · 8 gigs of ram (if oneplus 5 can do it so can we)
    · UFS 2.1 storage system (this is what I feel can improve the sluggishness of current devices)
    · Removable Battery (a must for any hardcore BlackBerry user)
    · Wireless charging
    · Magnetic expansion modules (like the MotoZ & Essential)
    · 12MP camera (I don't take many pictures with my phone so any descent camera)

Software Specs
    · Android Oreo or newer
    · Mouse Pointer Mode keyboard trackpad functionality in the OS
    · Ability to give certain apps (Tasker & Titanium Backup) true root level access to perform essential tasks while not compromising the overall security. In the very least please give us a working BlackBerry Desktop so we can make local backups like we were taught to do on BBOS

Developer Model
    · completely bootloader unlocked so you can load alternative custom os builds. User community involvement will improve the overall experience for everyone. Please leverage your passionate user community.

I hope this does NOT reach def ears and look forward to seeing if anyone feels the same way I do & is looking for the next great sliding keyboard Android smartphone.

Just a thought but maybe TCL could do a Kickstarter so that they could gage the market reception to this new device.
    09-02-17 04:44 PM
    I would love to see a blackberry Hardware phone with software from someone else. I know blackberry is out of the hardware business but I think they make good hardware but crappy software. So to answer the question no. I personally would not be interested in a Priv 2; at this point.
    wldcrd and anon(8679041) like this.
    09-02-17 09:04 PM
    I would love to see a blackberry Hardware phone with software from someone else. I know blackberry is out of the hardware business but I think they make good hardware but crappy software. So to answer the question no. I personally would not be interested in a Priv 2; at this point.
    Fair points. I can say there is hope & signs their android os coding is getting better though

I do think their hardware was up there with the best
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    09-02-17 10:04 PM
    I'd definitly have a go at it.
    wldcrd likes this.
    09-02-17 10:10 PM
    I would love a priv 2
    wldcrd likes this.
    09-03-17 12:19 AM
    Yes, for sure I'd love to see a Priv 2. But a few key things. Keep the specs current to when the phone would be released. Don't give us 2016 specs in a 2017 phone. Also. Needs to have a kick a!* keyboard slider. Wireless charging too.
    wldcrd likes this.
    09-03-17 12:26 AM
    I would love a continuation of the priv, just throw in a power efficient mid range snapdragon chip, 4gb ram, make the battery slightly bigger and improve the front camera and I'll pay 550 europoors instantly. Also, water resistance and wireless charging would be appreciated.
    wldcrd and skinnymike1 like this.
    09-03-17 03:37 AM
    6 gb ram. Remember. It's going to 2018 not 2013. Wireless Charging is more important to me than waterproof but both would be great.

John Gaetano KEYᴼᴺᴱ 🇺🇸
    wldcrd likes this.
    09-03-17 03:58 AM
    Sure, when I am ready to get a new phone, I would love the option for an updated Priv. For now though, my Priv works great.
    wldcrd likes this.
    09-03-17 01:26 PM
    Priv 2
    wldcrd likes this.
    09-03-17 03:40 PM
    I'm in!
    wldcrd likes this.
    09-03-17 05:01 PM
    yes!!!
    wldcrd likes this.
    09-03-17 05:30 PM
    Bring it on! would love to buy a new PRIV 2
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-03-17 07:22 PM
    yes, if they make a better pkb next time around. mine has gotten better over time but still have issues with "0" key and "sym" key. have to hit them in the area where they aren't raised.
    wldcrd likes this.
    09-03-17 07:33 PM
    I am enjoying my Priv very much. the only issue I have with it is a minor one...the battery life could be better. other than that, it's been great.
    wldcrd and s40638 like this.
    09-03-17 09:39 PM
    also add 12 mpx for front camera , 128 G storage , ، Stereo speaker, and bigger battery ....
    wldcrd and anon(8679041) like this.
    09-03-17 10:37 PM
    I would absolutely be floored with a Priv 2. A Priv without heating issues, great battery life, updated OS, but STILL gets to keep the large screen and slide-out keyboard??? Pinch me I'm dreaming.
    wldcrd likes this.
    09-04-17 12:18 AM
    I would be good with a Priv 2, don't know if I would use the PKB unless there was much improvement over the Priv
    wldcrd likes this.
    09-04-17 12:57 AM
    I would be good with a Priv 2, don't know if I would use the PKB unless there was much improvement over the Priv
    Oh, you would be good with two tin cans connected by a string, if BlackBerry but their branding on it. Make for a great collectors item. But would you use it -- a Priv 2?? Lol
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-04-17 01:53 AM
    Oh, you would be good with two tin cans connected by a string, if BlackBerry but their branding on it. Make for a great collectors item. But would you use it -- a Priv 2?? Lol
    You have two tin cans with BlackBerry branding on it? I'm a buyer!! Hit me up
    09-04-17 07:27 AM
    I'm sure lots of people would like to see a Priv 2 (myself included) but with those hardware and software specs from OP's post that phone will be just as or more expensive than the original priv, and thats simply not going to happen.

Wishful thinking but it is falling on deaf ears. Highly unlikely we'll see a successor.
    09-04-17 07:16 PM
    The Priv does have wireless charging.
    09-05-17 07:04 AM
    The Priv does have wireless charging.
    I think it is only the North American version that has wireless charging. Every where else it doesn't.
    09-05-17 08:36 AM
    The chances of there being a Priv 2, are slim to nil. If they've dropped the Priv 1, what makes anyone think there will be a Priv 2?
    09-05-17 02:04 PM
    The chances of there being a Priv 2, are slim to nil. If they've dropped the Priv 1, what makes anyone think there will be a Priv 2?
    I agree chances aren't great but I would have doubted anyone who thought a company like TCL would take over the hardware portion somewhat successfully so there is hope.

Maybe TCL can make the Priv 2 price point more competitive & palatable.

I think it's such a wasted niche to have the only recent slide out android with the best physical keyboard & just drop it off into oblivion.

And technically speaking BlackBerry didn't drop the Priv. They actually made the device.
    09-05-17 02:58 PM
55 123