With the new "mercury" still ways away from final release after watching a video from that kinda made me want to go to a blackberry phone again. I am on Verizon and thinking of purchasing a blackberry priv through Verizon. As the title States is anybody still using this device til this day? If so has the phone gotten better since release? Has it aged since it's been about 2 years since release.slow downs,battery issues,screen burn ins ?
    Last edited by marcieevee14; 01-08-17 at 07:01 AM.
    01-08-17 12:09 AM
    With the new "murcury" still ways away from final release after watching a video from that kinda made me want to go to a blackberry phone again. I am on Verizon and thinking of purchasing a blackberry priv through Verizon. As the title States is anybody still using this device til this day? If so has the phone gotten better since release? Has it aged since it's been about 2 years since release.slow downs,battery issues,screen burn ins ?
    Hey marcieevee14: to purchase the priv or not is your personal call. However I just bought my new priv a week back. Yes many forums talk abt issues with Priv and personally I have not faced much however no device is perfect.
    In short if you want priv go for it. It's awesome.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    01-08-17 12:19 AM
    Hey marcieevee14: to purchase the priv or not is your personal call. However I just bought my new priv a week back. Yes many forums talk abt issues with Priv and personally I have not faced much however no device is perfect.
    In short if you want priv go for it. It's awesome.
    Thank you for the reply. If you don't mind me asking what phone were you using before you got the priv?
    01-08-17 12:58 AM
    OPX (hated it) for a short while, Z10, 8250 and many more BlackBerry devices. Been BlackBerry user for over a decade.
    marcieevee14 likes this.
    01-08-17 01:33 AM
    Yep! I just bought a priv a few days ago to replace my Nexus 6p. No issues at all with the priv, it flies and the battery life is actually better than the 6ps!
    marcieevee14 likes this.
    01-08-17 03:53 AM
    PRIV alive and kicking and still getting better monthly with every (app)-update cycle and on top still in first row for OS security updates.
    marcieevee14 likes this.
    01-08-17 04:38 AM
    Yep! I just bought a priv a few days ago to replace my Nexus 6p. No issues at all with the priv, it flies and the battery life is actually better than the 6ps!
    No regrets at all coming from a stock Google device? I'm coming from a 6p as well..
    01-08-17 06:20 AM
    PRIV alive and kicking and still getting better monthly with every (app)-update cycle and on top still in first row for OS security updates.
    But I will be getting a Verizon version of the priv. Considering Verizon's bad habits of sending out updates.i think the updates I will be getting are from Verizon and not BB? I believe Verizon barely sent out the MM update to?
    01-08-17 06:23 AM
    But I will be getting a Verizon version of the priv.
    Verizon has been terrible with updates, and yes, if you buy a Verizon model, you are stuck with what ever updates they decide to send you, if any.
    BTW the Priv is not 2 years old, closer to 14 months.
    01-08-17 06:41 AM
    No regrets at all coming from a stock Google device? I'm coming from a 6p as well..
    Not a one! Blaclberry have done a great job not messing with the stock look of android. They just have some of their useful apps loaded onto it and a VERY light touch on the UI .. But honestly it 99% looks like stock Marshmallow 😊
    marcieevee14 likes this.
    01-08-17 06:55 AM
    Verizon has been terrible with updates, and yes, if you buy a Verizon model, you are stuck with what ever updates they decide to send you, if any.
    BTW the Priv is not 2 years old, closer to 14 months.
    Lol does it matter? I said "about" it wasn't an accurate date. Plus I'm just here to get some feedback and info. And yes I know Verizon is bad with updates I just said that in my previous post. But thanks for that
    01-08-17 06:56 AM
    Not a one! Blaclberry have done a great job not messing with the stock look of android. They just have some of their useful apps loaded onto it and a VERY light touch on the UI .. But honestly it 99% looks like stock Marshmallow 😊
    Thankyou! I think I will be making a switch to a priv Unfortunately it will be the Verizon version,which I believe does have marshmallow so I'll be good with that.
    01-08-17 06:59 AM
    Been using the Priv for 3 months now and it keeps getting better with monthly updates. 5h+ SOT, hardly ever gets warm/hot like it used to be. In short, I'm loving it so much that I don't even want to make a transition to the Mercury 😝😝😝

So my advice is it might be wiser to get a factory unlocked Priv if $$$ isn't your main concern.
    01-08-17 07:02 AM
    Thankyou! I think I will be making a switch to a priv Unfortunately it will be the Verizon version,which I believe does have marshmallow so I'll be good with that.
    That's great then! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! They even use all of the official Google apps like the phone app rather than their own themed version.

Also they've added some nifty features like double tap to wake, lift to show notifications and even the ambient display when a notification comes in just like how the Nexus 6p does it. All of which can be turned on or off in case you don't want or like these features.
    01-08-17 07:22 AM
    Lol does it matter? I said "about" it wasn't an accurate date. Plus I'm just here to get some feedback and info. And yes I know Verizon is bad with updates I just said that in my previous post. But thanks for that
    2 to 3 years is about the the life of a phone, not that the phone wears out, people generally want a newer device. The carriers know this and updates go down on the priority list accordingly. Thats the only reason I got specific.
    I've had mine for all of those 14 months, and would definitely do it all over again, including paying full price. But only with a Factory version.
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-08-17 07:26 AM
    Insanely happy with mine. I'm using it as my only phone since September 2016 and it's been a great experience so far. From the constant updates bringing new features and improving what's been there already, I can tell that the folks at BlackBerry take their claim to go full on software very seriously. They do care and that shows, a lot, imho.
    01-08-17 09:37 AM
    Actually, Verizon issued the Dec Security Update very early this time, beating a number of other carriers. Not yet, so far, for January.

And, yes, we Verizon users can't purchase direct from shopbb, so no choice.

I've had it since release in March. It is a fine phone and no more out-of-date than any other phone if you want Android. And you get a physical keyboard and large screen. And it is a very nice looking device.

Anybody still using this til this day 2017?-img_20170108_0735260.jpgAnybody still using this til this day 2017?-img_20170108_0734506.jpg
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-08-17 09:54 AM
    I've had the Priv since this past summer. My teenage son has the Nexus 6P. He likes to root his Nexus and throw on Cyanogenmod, which you can't do on the Priv. Also the Priv screen size is smaller.
    01-08-17 11:39 AM
    Had mine since August 2016. Great phone. Love it. It does get pretty warm occasionally but nothing is perfect
    01-08-17 11:39 AM
    Got mine in April. Zero complaints so far
    01-08-17 12:07 PM
    I've had the Priv since this past summer. My teenage son has the Nexus 6P. He likes to root his Nexus and throw on Cyanogenmod, which you can't do on the Priv. Also the Priv screen size is smaller.
    I like the narrow shape... very pocket friendly
    01-08-17 01:39 PM
    I agree with everyone here, and also using the genuine BlackBerry flip case. The window notifications and battery saving magnet feature is incredible. I got the case about six months after getting my Verizon Priv and it was like I had a brand new phone.
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-08-17 02:09 PM
    Loving the priv alot.. Just got mine last month, no complaints with it..
    01-08-17 04:14 PM
    I've had my Verizon Priv for about a year or so and I've had absolutely no issues with it. I've read all the horror stories here in the forums and from my experience I can't explain why one would have an issue with theirs and I would not. Maybe it's due the differences in model numbers? Anyways, in addition to what F2 has said above, I think my Priv has gotten better with Marshmallow than what it was with Lollipop to begin with.
    01-08-17 04:30 PM
    I've had my Verizon Priv for about a year or so and I've had absolutely no issues with it. I've read all the horror stories here in the forums and from my experience I can't explain why one would have an issue with theirs and I would not. Maybe it's due the differences in model numbers? Anyways, in addition to what F2 has said above, I think my Priv has gotten better with Marshmallow than what it was with Lollipop to begin with.
    True
    01-08-17 05:01 PM
43 12